Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DIY - Adjustable platform for pedals

Default DIY - Adjustable platform for pedals

I built this for my Fanatec pedals, but the concept can apply to pretty much any brand.

It's actually quite simple. I used a 3/4" piece of plywood as the base, placed it under the frame, traced out the shape, cut it out with a jigsaw and then covered it with some cheap outdoor carpet. I then cut two 3' long 1" perforated steel tubing in half. Bored out the bolt holes with a boring bit, then bolted two of the tubes to the floor and the other two to the pedals...and bob's your uncle.

The picture depicts the floor being installed. It eventually gets screwed to the frame, but it has to be angled in to get between the vertical frame posts. Hence, the angles cut towards the front.

Because the front and rear mounting holes on the Fanatec are not inline, I had to get a little creative. I took two flat pieces of steel and bolted them to the pedals, then I bolted the perforated steel to the flat plates.

Here is a top down view.

And here is what it looks like altogether. The pedals can slide freely front to back and then locked into place.

In hindsight, I wished I used some threaded rod to span the width of the pedals, because it would have helped with the alignment. As it turns out, the right runner is slightly misaligned. Easily fixable, but a single bolt on one side works just fine and the wingnut is actually pointless. I took it off later.

I don't really have to do it, but my OCD demands that I buy some 5/16" threaded rod and realign the right runner. Anyway, it works quite well. It's adjustable, sturdy, and doesn't flex.

Well done sir!
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco