Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Massa Team Kart Brawl

Default Massa Team Kart Brawl

OK...one of the most bizarre stories all year long, the 500 mile team Pro Kart race ended up with two teams disqualified after an on-track brawl

https://www.motorsport.com/kart/news...-fight-989234/

The best story I've read was that Massa was driving for his team and passed the second place driver for the lead and was pulling away. The team that fell to second started slowing other karts and had them try and block/slow Massa which lead to members of Massa's team doing the same to the driver in second. Long story short, in the video you see the second place driver banging on the lap kart holding him up, the two end up going into the wall, and then punches and chokes abound.

Just crazy.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Not proud of those brazilians monkeys, I must say. Not only the ones fighting on the friggin track, but all others involved, including mecanics.
    This was supposed to be a confraternization, a relaxed race. What a bunch of idiots.

I saw this a couple of days ago and just had to laugh, but only because I knew that people would be "appalled" by their behavior.

We live in a world that is full of people who have no home training. They were never educated on the finer points of treating people with respect and I believe that we are duty bound as a society to continue their education. If that means giving a d-bag a beat down, then so be it.

Having said that...doing it on the track is one of the stupidest things I've seen since Tony Stewart killed that knuckle head kid several years ago. On track shenanigans should never be tolerated, but I'm perfectly fine with punches in the paddock. It helps clear the head, settles the score and allows men to exhaust a little excess testosterone, which is detrimental to enjoying beers together.

This is why I had to roll my eyes at the Lewis Hamilton and Sebastien Vettel dust up. Hamilton with his makeup, earrings and dainty wrists...and Vettel with his subdued, pouting, red mist...and of course the world lost their virtual minds over what amounted to handbags at fifty paces. What a couple of school girls...anyway. Some people are simply in serious need of a good ole ass whupping and I see no reason to deprive them of that.

I see nothing wrong with reminding people that there are consequences for their actions...which is why I open carry.

LOL....
    A Brazilian friend sent me this the other day. He was ashamed of the actions of these guys, initially.

...I'm guessing this sort of stuff isn't as commonplace as it is in America, elsewhere? Because, there's not much out of the ordinary going on here.
    I always find it funny when two guys with helmets on start swinging, at each others head!
    Though, appears the one guy did manage to get his new enemy's visor up and got some blows in to the face.

I'm pretty sure he was going to choke ole dude out. Perhaps that might be where some "line" got crossed.

Either way, had this happened in my country of origin, I'd feel absolutely no urge to apologize for, or be "shamed" by the actions of idiots. If I went about life in that way, I'd never get anything else done besides apologizing for the myriad idiots that seemingly surround me.

And, also....this feels like PASSION to me. Misguided, uneducated, lacking [supposedly] commonplace manners, etc etc etc...whatever. It sure beats the hell out of the sanitized and utterly boring follow the leader that is often seen today in various motorsports series (and beyond).
    There's a thin line between passionate about winning, and being a poor sport. Sometimes, that line is so thin that it blurs in many ways.

As evidenced in Troy's post above, in 'murica, might makes right.
    "Duty bound" huh? "It takes a village", right? :P (I bet you're a trip in the real world, Troy )

The scuffle aside, it's the on-track, team rules stuff that appalls me the most....what happened to the gentleman's agreement and unwritten rules of respect. We all know what happened there, it's when money got involved.

Although I'm still kicking myself for not holding up a driver in our iRacing series finale two seasons back, who eventually caught and passed my teammate at the S/F line by a tenth of a second costing him the Championship...but that wouldn't have been the right thing to do. It was their battle....and unfortunately my teammate ran out of fuel on the final turn!

Best quote from a sports movie ever was in "Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius" when, after winning the golfing grand slam of that era as an amateur, not taking a single penny, Jones was being accosted by a professional golfer that it was all a publicity stunt and he was about to sell out. Jones best friend punches out the golfer and says "Money! It's going to ruin sports!"
    Last edited by TimCollier; 12-21-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    "Duty bound" huh? "It takes a village", right? :P (I bet you're a trip in the real world, Troy )
    I'm not suggesting that there be unbridled retribution, we all must show some restraint of course. Plus, if I were to go around tuning up every knucklehead who needed to "Get their mind right", I'd have to take it on as a full-time job...and I'm far too old and lazy for that.

What I am suggesting is that in some parts of 'Murica, there is a distinct lack of common decency and I believe that is simply due to a lack of education.

For instance. When I was growing up, you simply didn't raise your hand to a women. For one, it's just wrong, but if you weren't equipped with that knowledge, there was always a father, a couple of uncles, several brothers, and any number of male friends who would soon be standing on your porch, with the intent on giving you a refresher course on what is considered acceptable behavior.

Most people don't require that kind of education, because we have home training, but there are others who do and they are desperately crying out for a good ole' ass whooping. Why? Because when you get taken to the woodshed, it tends to put things in their proper perspective.

Oh, I fully agree with that assessment.

Some people understand one thing, violence. That's it, that's all.

Anyways, I was mainly just picking. You often read conservative, but then start tossing around words like "duty bound", so the "it takes a village" reference was more to see if I could trigger the typical conservative response (yeah, I was trolling...lol)....I didn't achieve that, so I can now only assume you are much more like the sane amongst us than I imagined. (however, I'm probably not one of them :P )
    Hey, just good to know there's still some grounded people out there. Step away from places like this and the people that fill the world often seem....well, insane!

(P.S. To me, "team orders" are just about the dumbest aspect of motor racing that I can imagine. I hate that aspect of it sometimes as it often leads to this sort of crap and beyond)
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-21-2017 at 04:28 PM.