Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Rally Series

Default Holiday Rally Series

Results

Sweden

Michigan

Spain

Final standings:

Time for something a little more substantial! Three rallies over three weeks taking us thru the Christmas and New Years holidays. I am considering this series to be another test round, I am trying out a variety of options available to rallymasters.

Rally 1: The Nightmare Before Christmas Part 2
    You must drive all night to get to your family before Christmas, and word has it a storm is brewing. Can you make it thru 12 stages with only a single service area? Pick any car you like, just make sure it can take the punishment! (I have designed this as a high attrition endurance event where saving your car is the goal, however since I don't have a lot of experience making roadbooks in Dirt 4, I am not sure I hit the mark on this. It might be too easy, or there might not be enough service available for the normal wear and tear that Dirt 4 seems to have)

Rally 2: American Holiday
    A tour thru the forests of Michigan in any American car. This one should be cake compared to the last one!

Rally 3: New Year's Hangover
    The best place to shake a hangover has to be sunny Spain right? Take any car, 200HP or less.

Roadbooks

Last edited by enamelizer; 01-05-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Great idea Aaron!!! Would've loved to take part here...

Guess there will be a lot of answers to open questions when you finished this series...good choice/combination of stages/length/service areas.
    About 55km in Sweden without service - would be great if we had as many different car classes/cars as possible and if the competitors would tell afterwards, which grade the parts on their car had.

I had two gearbox breakdowns where I had only 20 km/h forward of full rpm, so I turned the car around and looking in the mirror backing up the stage. A service must be done after 20-25 km's. So this means 4 short stages, or 2 long stages. Going to be slow cruising speed and less rpm and gearshifts here I think!
    Last edited by D69-inge; 12-14-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D69-inge View Post
    I had two gearbox breakdowns where I had only 20 km/h forward of full rpm, so I turned the car around and looking in the mirror backing up the stage. A service must be done after 20-25 km's. So this means 4 short stages, or 2 long stages. Going to be slow cruising speed and less rpm and gearshifts here I think!
    I was afraid of this, that the damage of normal driving is just too much for the distance. Were you using a car from your garage, or a default car?

Dag doing the stage in reverse is still probably faster than rest of us.
    "The automobile is still a heap of mechanical components, and should feel like such, not like a smartphone on wheels" - Andreas Preuninger

Question, I had a bug with D4 the other day where straight out of the gate in both Daily events I could only go 20 mph had to quit the rally. Only way to fix was to leave game and re-enter it which of course DNF's you. Was that what happened to you?

Aaron do you have a link to join these rally's because I can't seem to find them in the Clubs website, tried searching every which way and nothing.

I sent you an invite Steve, here is the link to the club: https://www.dirt4game.com/us/clubs/c...ms-club-racing

Quote Originally Posted by svt4cam View Post
    Question, I had a bug with D4 the other day where straight out of the gate in both Daily events I could only go 20 mph had to quit the rally. Only way to fix was to leave game and re-enter it which of course DNF's you. Was that what happened to you?
    I guess maybe so! It was 20 km/h for me in all forward gears. I didn't get any traction in any gears, just a little push when going from no rpm and up. To save the engine you can lower the rpm down to 3/4 of full and get going at 15 km/h. It's barely possible to finish a stage under the 15 or 30 min rule. Then I figured maybe the reverse is still working, so I did that!! Silly breakdown, actually the codriver tells you about other breakdowns, but this one it's not talked about!

Quote Originally Posted by enamelizer View Post
    I sent you an invite Steve, here is the link to the club: https://www.dirt4game.com/us/clubs/c...ms-club-racing
    Thanks.