Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Att: All drm drivers!

Default Att: All drm drivers!

Drivers,

If you are experiencing issues (mismatches) when you attempt to join the server, please go to this thread and re download and install the mod.

Here is a direct link to the mod for convenience.

As you may have noticed, the recent DRM update thread was taken down. If you downloaded that version of the mod you will need to download the mod again and either overwrite the old one, or delete and install the new one fresh (I think everyone knows how that all works so no need for elaboration unless there are questions)

We apologize for this inconvenient change. There were same changes made that were unsuitable and did not work correctly.
    The version up now is the FINAL VERSION . There will be no more changes at this point unless there was to be some hidden bug or something (unlikely, we've tested extensively to the best of our capabilities)....

Hiccups happen, so please bear with us. I know it's a pain sometimes to re download larger files like this, but it is what it is. Sorry about that.

Please be sure to test your connect-ability to the server prior to tomorrow night's race.
    Out of respect to fellow drivers, please be sure everything is good to go with your files before qualifying session. Those in and outs during quali can be distracting, so let's please try to minimize those.

Thank you...and see you all at the track tomorrow night.

Questions, please add them here.
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 09-12-2017 at 02:52 PM.

ok, I should of left well enough alone. I installed this new update on my machine, only had the terrain mismatch before and the fix for that worked for me. With this new update DTM mod I just installed it over the old one, allowing it to over write the files. So now I have my car "Toyota_CelicaII.HDV" is a mismatch and will be kicked from race. Same fore file "DRM LE.RFM".
    My next trick is new rf_lite install and install drm mod into it and go from there.

edit:
    I tried a quick fix, deleted both files and re-installed this new update over it again. Went into the server and same two files have the same results. Silly question but did we remember to update the server ? Just asking. Time to uninstall reinstall. Gotta love last minute fixes, someone always has a problem, I'm That guy this time. Got time so no big deal, I see several drivers viewed this and no one else is reporting an issue so it is just me and my luck today.

Edit2:
    New rfactor lite install, new drm install, same errors when connecting to server.
    Last edited by faspit; 09-04-2017 at 01:36 PM.

This link is what is on storage. It's the one I went to the server with testing myself yesterday. Worked without issue.

DRM MOD HERE

It's the same as I linked in the opening post of this thread...but, I don't know, try it on the fresh install is all I know at this moment. It should work just fine.

By the way, the terrain issue is separate and you will need the terrain file found in this thread to fix that.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 09-04-2017 at 02:01 PM.

I had the same problem last night. I went and re-downloaded the mod from the link above your post. Then installed the F skinpack just now and no mismatch on the server.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

The skinpack went to your Eagles files...but, good to know that the DRMs are working for you now, Scott. Thanks for replying here.
    So, now we'll see if we can't get Frank sorted....and hopefully no more issues for others.

OK, problem fixed.

I downloaded the DRM mod from Jason's first post above. I used the "Here is a direct link to the mod" (http://cmsracing.com/storage/mnrl/mo...0install).rar).

I created a folder called Final DRM Mod on my desktop and stuck it in there. I unpacked all the mod files into the folder. I opened the game files and deleted all the old folders/files and replaced them with the new copies.

Bingo! It's all working now.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

Glad the mismatches fixed but can't say I'm happy about the whole update!. It seems Transmission/Clutch values did change with the latest version? With previous versions I was getting maybe 1% engine wear in a 5-lap run, now with same driving style I'm getting 1% every lap or every other lap? I'm assuming this is because clutch biting points and clutch engagement settings/values changed?
    I lost about .5 sec per lap because of this, now that I'm trying to readjust my shifting.
    Last edited by Jon Uyan; 09-04-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

All good now! Thanks Jason for directing me to the correct download.
    Too bad I am still slow on the track but no mismatches or errors.
    Now to fix that darn rear view mirror, its looking down too far. I drive cockpit with what the car has, no extras. I just tweak what the car offers. That is fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    Glad the mismatches fixed but can't say I'm happy about the whole update!. It seems Transmission/Clutch values did change with the latest version? With previous versions I was getting maybe 1% engine wear in a 5-lap run, now with same driving style I'm getting 1% every lap or every other lap? I'm assuming this is because clutch biting points and clutch engagement settings/values changed?
    I lost about .5 sec per lap because of this, now that I'm trying to readjust my shifting.
    So now I just saw this post from Gilles:
    Hi guys,

My bad!

The last, I thought Final, version I sent to Joe & Jason had a time delay in the Lift&Blip option so the cars would not shift like a modern day electronic racing transmission. It was set so you could not down shift the gear as fast has you could (longer clutch delay). It played havoc while upshifting, the clutch would slip until the delay finished. One could get use to it by delaying throttle reapplication but it felt like something else was deciding when to let go the clutch.

A fix, not of my doing, was applied... but it isn't perfect either. I have sent in a new "Final" version with the clutch delay and the other correlating values reduced... some halved. With those values, only the quickest shifters will still see a tiny bit of slip.

It's in our patrons hands.

I can't use H-shifter. So I'm using squential shifter and I must be one of those "quick shifters", but I do see a lot of slip when I shift and if I don't delay it a bit I get a lot of eng wear. I'm not 100% sure but these cars have 5-speed transmissions, isn't it a sequential type? Instead of the older 4-speed one (and I think they were h-pattern?)
    Last edited by Jon Uyan; 09-05-2017 at 03:14 AM.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post

I can't use H-shifter. So I'm using squential shifter and I must be one of those "quick shifters", but I do see a lot of slip when I shift and if I don't delay it a bit I get a lot of eng wear. I'm not 100% sure but these cars have 5-speed transmissions, isn't it a sequential type? Instead of the older 4-speed one (and I think they were h-pattern?)

No, these cars do not have sequential gearboxes. They were manual 5 speeds. Sequential boxes were seen in the DTM series, not the DRMs.
    I'm one of the "fast shifters" as well, so I've had to make the adjustment as I was getting some slipping with the previous (incorrect) style.

All it's done is make the cars a bit more "lift/blip" like and a lot less sequential gearbox like.

I don't use an H pattern either..and "lift/blip" was never intended for use with an H pattern ("lift/blip" is not necessary when using a true H pattern...clutch slippage and "lift" are naturally occurring when using an H pattern. That's not the case with sequential gearboxes)...it was intended to put those using paddles and/or sequential shifters on an even playing field with those that use H pattern shifters. It minimizes the advantage that competitors using paddles get.

By the way, you can go into the upgrades section of the menu and turn off the "lift/blip". You can turn it to paddles/sequential.
    If you're losing a whole half second it would probably benefit you because the penalty for using it is very minimum.

Some links, just to confirm what I was saying about the manual gearboxes in these cars.

Lancia specs here

Ford Capri specs here

Note that the source is the same. The information can be found elsewhere as well, to validate.
    For other marques, use that page to search them if you wish.

The Porsche 935 actually had a 4 speed gearbox. IIRC, the DRM Revival mod (not LE) accurately reflected that...but for the sake of equal performance that was changed in this LE version. All manual though.
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 09-05-2017 at 11:31 AM.