Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Champion Trucking Please join our Team/Fleet - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    ...organizing some events -- like Trucker Night, where we all get on Teamspeak...
    We're gonna need CB handles.

Handle Creation Tips

Pick a color: blue and black tend to be popular
    Pick an animal: bunny, wombat, cat or kat, snake, beaver and duck are some from the list above
    Pick an action: examples above – crawler, drifter, roller and buster
    Pick a size: little, big, fat, large, tiny and lil – are all variation we have seen

Samples (Actual trucker handles):

Big Bag
    Swamp Fox
    Blue Knight
    Road Roller
    Cycle Smoker
    The Blue Waffle
    Little Beaver
    Ratchet Jaw
    Night Crawler
    Telecaster
    Treefrog
    Trout Stalker
    Twitch
    Sod Buster
    Hard to Carry
    Sassy Kat
    Large Marge
    Fatcat
    Rusty Nail
    Road Hog
    Toe Jam
    Scrap King
    Mud Duck
    High Plains Drifter
    Broken Bunny
    The Wombat
    Farouk the Pirate
    Snow Snake

I am still fiddling around with it, but right now I have your pay setup to be $200 per delivery and .65 cents bonus per mile ... not sure if that's high or low, but will continue to play with it as we evolve. I will impelment a promotion model as well to incent people, etc.

my personal motorsports blog

How about creating an EU branch in Euro Truck 2?

Edit: Time to go driving in the US... Will install the new toy soon...

Edit 2: Game and pluginn installed. Application filed.
    Last edited by wheeler; 05-12-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Dalton View Post
    We're gonna need CB handles.
    Found some trucker name generators:

The Trucker Name Generator | Rum and Monkey

https://www.quizopolis.com/trucker-n...enerator/7120/

No CB handle? Use this generator to get one of your own

Now comes the hard decision between "Coach Flaps", "Road Rage", or "Chrome Bandit"...

One other thing, the app collects most all of the information you need automatically but there are a couple of things I would like everyone to keep track of as you truck. So keep a notebook and pencil to keep track of the following and support your reports on the portal.

1. Any incidents, traffic tickets, fines, accidents, damage
    2. Money you spend on fuel. So when you fuel up be sure to capture your bill, receipt so that you can submit it so we can accurately track our expenses.
    So the company pays traffic tickets and accident fines? This might necessitate a change in my driving style if so, lets just say my jobs end up being not so profitable hah

Aaron, World of Trucks is similar to what we are going to be doing with Virtual Trucking Manager, but it's more stand-alone and doesn't really track being part of a team/company ... within ATS you take what's called an external job from world of trucks, and then the stats and such for it show up on your profile.
    Can you run WoT jobs for Champion Trucking and get credit in both systems? I suppose I should fiddle around with it before launching into 1000 questions.
    Last edited by enamelizer; 05-12-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Just accepted you Steen!!! And yes, let's talk about an EU division, I can set that up as well for you. But go log some American Miles to start! Remember to track fuel, incidents, etc so you can submit any reports. Be sure to truck while the app is running.

I am still fiddling around with it, but right now I have your pay setup to be $200 per delivery and .65 cents bonus per mile ... not sure if that's high or low, but will continue to play with it as we evolve. I will impelment a promotion model as well to incent people, etc.
    I think the per mile is in the ballpark, but the delivery bonus seems high.

In 2014, the average cost for a company to operate a single OTR truck was around $180,000 per year or $1.38 per mile. The greatest expense is obviously fuel, which accounts for 39% of the total operating costs. Next is driver salaries at 26%, truck and trailer purchase 17% (or 1/5th of the annual total purchase cost), 10% on repairs and maintenance, 4% for insurance, tires 3%, and 2% for permits, licenses and tolls. All of these can be broken down into a per mile expense. So, in 2014 the average driver earned $0.36 per mile.

Concerning mileage. In the real world, "I think" there is a 70 hour per week limit set on drivers, so you would need to limit yourself to eight or nine hours a day (400-450 miles), not to exceed the per week limit. So for the sake of argument, lets assume a five day work week, 425 miles per day average (2125 miles per week), and 49 total work weeks (three weeks for vacation and holidays).

...calculating...

...the average base (Gross) income, without bonuses is...

$0.36 per mile = $37,485.00
    $0.65 per mile = $65,681.25

As I said, I think the $0.65 per mile might be on the high side, but it's still in the ballpark. However the $200 per delivery is far too high IMO, because it will emphasis short haul loads and discourage the OTR jobs. For example, even at $0.65 per mile, you would have to drive 615 miles to equal just two deliveries bonuses. If you concentrate on just making deliveries, you could easily earn four bonuses a day and never have to leave Vegas. Plus, you would eventually bank a whopping $196,000 per year...then again...that would be one way to pay for my virtual gambling habit!

Food for thought.

You are all going to be fighting over the name Baboon Butt after you log all those miles! 😊

I can't drive ATS Papa Bear, I lost my CDL after taking out too many ped's and stop signs, not to mention the cost involved in trannie rebuilds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Dalton View Post
    I think the per mile is in the ballpark, but the delivery bonus seems high.

In 2014, the average cost for a company to operate a single OTR truck was around $180,000 per year or $1.38 per mile. The greatest expense is obviously fuel, which accounts for 39% of the total operating costs. Next is driver salaries at 26%, truck and trailer purchase 17% (or 1/5th of the annual total purchase cost), 10% on repairs and maintenance, 4% for insurance, tires 3%, and 2% for permits, licenses and tolls. All of these can be broken down into a per mile expense. So, in 2014 the average driver earned $0.36 per mile.

Concerning mileage. In the real world, "I think" there is a 70 hour per week limit set on drivers, so you would need to limit yourself to eight or nine hours a day (400-450 miles), not to exceed the per week limit. So for the sake of argument, lets assume a five day work week, 425 miles per day average (2125 miles per week), and 49 total work weeks (three weeks for vacation and holidays).

...calculating...

...the average base (Gross) income, without bonuses is...

$0.36 per mile = $37,485.00
    $0.65 per mile = $65,681.25

As I said, I think the $0.65 per mile might be on the high side, but it's still in the ballpark. However the $200 per delivery is far too high IMO, because it will emphasis short haul loads and discourage the OTR jobs. For example, even at $0.65 per mile, you would have to drive 615 miles to equal just two deliveries bonuses. If you concentrate on just making deliveries, you could easily earn four bonuses a day and never have to leave Vegas. Plus, you would eventually bank a whopping $196,000 per year...then again...that would be one way to pay for my virtual gambling habit!

Food for thought.
    Very helpful Troy. Makes total sense. What do you think would be a good number to start for the delivery bonus and I'll plug that in for us to start? 50 bucks, 100?

Aaron, I think you can do those WoT deliveries and get credit in both systems, but only one way to find out. Take one on, and at the same time be running the VTM Live App and see if it submits it to me for approval.

This is kind of like picking stripper names ... pick your pet's name and a street you lived on.

Mine could be either Laney Madison or Blossom Lakeview Drive, lol.