FVEE48@aol.com

3/3/10

to me
    Al,
    Norm here, I am protesting your hitting me, last lap, last corner,
    LeMans.
    NOTHING PERSONAL PLEASE UNDERSTAND.

I would not protest but it is double points and I am in contention
    in the Seniors Division and every point counts there.
    I sent the replay, which is attached, to Rob Thaeler ( co Admin)
    for Disposition.
    I just thought I would let you know, again, nothing personal,
    just points at stake.
    norm
    PS I said in the protest that I wanted the positions reversed,
    put me to 11th and you to 12th, instead of the finishing order.
    I felt that I could have beat you to the line had you not
    come flying across the grass at the double hair pin and nailed me,
    that is the basis for my request for a position reversal.

AL C <acanal0@gmail.com>

3/6/10

to FVEE48
    Norm,
    Sorry I'm just seeing this now. I received an email from Rob about it as well. I am sorry for the contact as well as sorry I didn't apologize sooner. I didn't bother to watch the replay as I believe I can still recall the chain of events from memory. You were in the grass as I came around the chicane and I reacted as I thought you were going to come on track in front of me and lost it there. You went on and I ended up catching you as I over shot my brake point, baked the brakes and made contact with you. I had no idea you were in contention for position as I was just trying to complete 1 decent lap and it had been a horrid night racing for me as I had not prepared(could you tell?) as well as receiving a share of the bumper car action. I wrote Rob that you can have whatever you would like. Please accept my apologies and good luck with that seniors championship.

Your friend as well, AL
    FVEE48@aol.com

3/6/10

to me
    OK Al, thank you for this email, I knew there was another side
    to the story, there always is, explains what happened.
    I guess Rob will make the decision, should be easy.
    See you on track! Oh, are you going to race the LMP2?
    I hope so, they are so neat and fun to drive.
    norm

Wow, it really is sad to hear of Norm's passing. He was such a great person to get to know. Even in something as impersonal as an email, his caring and kind personality would come through. He truly was a racer, but you could see how he liked to see other's enjoy the events he put on. I'm just glad that his last memories of the MNRL were of such large fields with great racing. I'm sure that gave him a sense of pleasure.
    Thank you Kingsley for sharing your thoughts with us. My condolences to you and your family.

Jeff MacKay

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Borczon View Post
    Hi folks. My name is Kingsley, Norm's son......

Thank you all again for your comments. It is definitely touching to know how much my dad was appreciated in an activity he most loved.

Kingsley
    No, thank YOU and your family Kingsley, for sharing your Dad with us all these years. And thank you for taking the time to let us know that our thoughts and wishes for you all are being heard. I'm sorry that I can't be there, but there'll be a donation in his honour from me.

My very best to you and yours at this difficult time, Matthew
    Cheers, Matthew
    CMS Racing #174

Kingsley,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a Dad. I only knew Norm for a month, month and a half, but I could tell what kind of guy he was right away. In the few races I've done here at MNRL, we had some great battles on track. What a clean racer. I could be wheel to wheel with him and not have to worry. It was fantastic racing. He will be missed very much.

Take care
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

I am so sorry to hear this. I had met Norm online several years ago, and discovered we had both competed in SCCA at the same time, probably even entered the same events at Nelson Ledges. He had contacted me a week or so ago about my not being around. I was having some health problems, and he was encouraging me to make sure I follow up with the therapy program offered. I was excited to let him know how that was working. Then to get this news.

My most heart felt sympathies to his family. He was one of a kind to be sure.

Chuck Napoli Guest

Always got a chuckle when Norm and I were talking back and forth via email. He was always a confidence builder when it came to my simracing ability (or lack thereof). This is from one of the "talks" me and Norm were having back and forth a little more than a month ago:

To: conap@att.net
    Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:27 AM
    Subject: you

SANDBAGGER LOL

You are always carping about how SLOW you are, yeah, right,
    then you cop a THIRD in Seniors ! Really!

Hey, Chuck, great driving my friend. well done
    Norm
    PS how'd ya do it ? what's the secret?

FYI....I have sent an email to davidan suggesting we not only keep the MNRL league alive and well here at its forever home but also that we should retire Norm's racing number....

He whole heartedly agrees!

Thanks Davidan

Ch

sent from knee deep in snow
    Chris Hamilton - Hamilton Motorsports Inc.

headed back out - trailing white smoke. I was hoping it was contrails and I was going faster...

8. Default

To Kingsley and fellow sim racers. Sorry for your loss, he will be greatly missed, he was one of my great administrators in racing. Prayers to the family and friends for strength and healing. We have raced together for 4 years and will cherish the memories we have with him.

That's great. It's a great tribute to Norm.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

I'd like to add my condolences to Norm's family and friends. I didn't have much interaction with Norm, but his reputation as a respected admin, sportsman, and friend spread beyond his personal circle. I know he will be missed, Rest In Peace.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)