Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Points Discussion

Default Team Points Discussion

I was thinking to make a team for this rally but am a bit confused on the scoring. I run a historic car and the way (best I can figure) that scoring is done, the historic class teams don't stand a chance. for instance walk racing got only 6 points for actually beating most entries within their class and scoring quite well. but scored overall for the team puts them hopelessly unable to compete as a team using historic cars. Should we not have the teams using the class points? If not, there really isn't any point in me making a team and competing. Maybe I have it all wrong. can anyone help explain?

Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Zetoyoc View Post
    I was thinking to make a team for this rally but am a bit confused on the scoring.
    I'm confused as well. If team scoring is based on overall finish, then theoretically the RC-1 drivers should score the most points pretty much every rally. I thought the team championship was based on the points scored by driver per class, allowing team members to contribute, regardless of car/driver classification. I.E.

Points/Team
    50 - Team Fate
    38 - RMI Motorsports
    33 - Walk Racing
    12 - Dragon Rally*

Of course, I now see the problem. Dragon Racing has a team member, Troy Uyan, who is unclassified, because he hasn't reached the minimum number of rallies. Regardless, I'm not sure the team competition makes sense if it's based on overall points. In the end, the RC-1 drivers will rise to the top and the Historic division drivers have no shot.

Funny you guys talking about this , I contacted Aaron 2 days ago about team scoring if it's by class and only top two drivers, imo it should be scores as below ?

42 Team Fate
    33 Walk Racing
    31 RMI
    23 Dragon Rally

Think for team event only top two drivers and ranked/unranked should score making for atleast a worthwhile Team event that is closer more exciting especially for only historic team lol
    Last edited by baddogcbr929; 02-07-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baddogcbr929 View Post
    Funny you guys talking about this , I contacted Aaron 2 days ago about team scoring if it's by class and only top two drivers, imo it should be scores as below ?

42 Team Fate
    33 Walk Racing
    31 RMI
    23 Dragon Rally

Think for team event only top two drivers and ranked/unranked should score making for atleast a worthwhile Team event that is closer more exciting especially for only historic team lol
    Team Fate would be fifty then. Sean (that_guy) finished 1st in RC-1 and I finished 1st in RC-3.

Oh i was talking about scoring overall 2000 class and overall historic

I really didn't intend for the historics to be competitive in any class but historic, I included them as an option to give drivers more choice.

However I am not opposed to changing the scoring rules. The way that makes the most sense to me is to use the historic drivers historic class points and weight them against the participant numbers, like we did a few seasons back. This is to counter the effect of the class with less participation being easier to score points in. I personally didn't care for the weight scoring method, but I am open to switching to it.

Driver class points makes a lot of sense if everyone was ranked. I could simply rank drivers without the rally limitation, or even do a mid-season ranking, but the CMSRC-2 class would suffer for it as this would be the catch-all class. I could also have an "unranked" class, but I moved to this setup with overall scoring specifically to avoid that.

The change that makes the most sense to me is the weighted historic class point method, but I will let more discussion go on first.

If your going to have a team championship with multiple class cars (historic/modern), I really don't know a better way than points per driver by class, using the weighted method.

Concerning unclassified drivers. The rule is clear, you can't score "class" championship points until you've completed a minimum number of rallies. Now, I certainly wouldn't bother updating driver classifications mid-season, because that's going to create all kinds of mayhem, but I would make an exception for Troy in this instance.

I would place Troy in the RC-2 and score him accordingly. He is probably going to end up in that class anyway...or place him in RC-1 and then re-evaluate his classification as soon as he meets the minimum number of rallies to be classified.

In the future, just to prevent this from happening again, I would make it a rule that unclassified drivers cannot score points towards class or team championships, until they've met the minimum requirements to be properly classified.

Again, I would make an exception for Troy, because I wouldn't want to eliminate him from scoring team points retroactively.

I know, I must be getting soft in my old age.

with the numbers of drivers in each class. 2000's vs historics I could see scoring for the teams by that method. with the further division of the 2000's in to 1 2 and 3 there arent many in each category and some teams pull from more than one. To me I would be fine with all 2000's as a class and all historics for a class. in regards to scoring points toward teams. I am really not certain the point of the subdivisions anyway as they are not used in over all points anyway as afar as I can tell. and the drivers of the historics are mixed into those as well giving 2 places to pull points from? but I am new here. and that brings up another question. I guess I am unranked as well. so while it is great to get clarification and fairness, my original point about making a team may be solved.

Well time is running out on event and due to other commitments etc ,i may just retire as my team mate Mr C is also unranked maybe next championship i will rejoin

Quote Originally Posted by baddogcbr929 View Post
    Well time is running out on event and due to other commitments etc ,i may just retire as my team mate Mr C is also unranked maybe next championship i will rejoin
    I thought you were ranked. you are listed in the rc-2 category. you cant quit. If you do I'll just know it was because you were afraid I was faster