Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CMS Dirt Rally Club Championship Season 4 Master Post

Default CMS Dirt Rally Club Championship Season 4 Master Post

CMS DiRT Rally Club Championship Season 4
    The championship will consist of 8 rallies over 16 weeks, starting Friday, January 13th. The rallies will run two full weeks to allow competitors time to prepare and to allow completion of some longer rallies.

Signups
    To sign up for the club championships, head over to this post (drivers that signed up previously do not need to sign up again): http://cmsracing.com/champion/forums...-signup-28455/

Two Car Classes, Modern and Historic
    • The Modern Class will use the 2000s cars
    • The Historic Class will use the 1970s cars
    • The car used in the first rally will be considered the drivers "declared car"
    • Drivers can switch cars one time, for any reason (see below)

Car Change Rule:
    You can change cars once during the season, for any reason, with no penalty. In the case of changing classes, no points will transfer to the new class championship. If a driver switches cars during the championship, they can only score points in the car they switched to for the rest of the season.

Six Championships
    • Overall: All drivers are included in the Overall Championship
    • Historic: Drivers of the 1970s class are included in the Historic Championship
    • CMSRC-1: Elo Rating 1632 and above
    • CMSRC-2: Elo Rating 1631 - 1456
    • CMSRC-3: Elo Rating 1455 and below
    • Team: Drivers compete in teams of 2-3 (see below)

Ratings can be found here: http://cmsracing.com/champion/forums...ratings-29719/

Team Championship
    Teams consist of two (2) drivers minimum and three (3) drivers maximum. Team points each round will be determined using the overall points gained from the two top scoring drivers of the team per rally. Car selection is open, teams are free to have any mix of cars among the team. Teams can be formed at any time, but teams will only accrue points after declaring themselves, i.e. points will not be retroactively applied.

To declare a team, reply to this thread with:
    1) Team Name
    2) Team members (2 minimum, 3 maximum)

Scoring
    All championships, excluding the team championship, will be scored as follows

In the event of a tie in the championship, WRC tie breaking rules will be used (most number of wins, then most number of second place finishes, then thirds, etc.)

Season settings
    Event Restart: Off
    Stage Restart: Off
    Checkpoints: At service parks
    Owned Vehicles: Off
    Career Engineers: Off
    Vehicle Tuning: On

Schedule
    Jan 13 – Jan 26: Rally de Col du Turini (Monaco)
    Jan 27 – Feb 9: Rockchip Rally (mixed gravel)
    Feb 10 – Feb 23: Värmland Rally (Sweden)
    Feb 24 – March 9: Jämsä Rally (Finland)
    March 10 – March 23: Rally of the Argolid (Greece)
    March 24 – April 6: Tar and Ice (mixed sealed surfaces, snow and ice)
    April 7 – April 20: Baumholder Rally (Germany)
    April 21 – May 4: Powys Rally (Wales)

Rally Extensions
    Rallies will not be extended or re-ran in any event, including, but not limited to: Racenet outages no mater the duration, internet outages, personal time management issues, zombie apocalypse, etc. Long story short, you have two weeks to run about an hour worth of driving, and if you miss the window for any reason, no do-overs!

Disclaimer:
    The championship organizer reserves the right to change the schedule, individual rallies, and rules as needed, at anytime.
    Last edited by enamelizer; 03-25-2017 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Clarify car change rules

Driver groups

CMSRC-1
    Simmoniti
    trex
    that_guy
    d69_inge
    Roy Magnes
    Myrvold
    Navitori
    Tipsu (i)

CMSRC-2
    baddogcbr929
    Daryl Willcox
    rallyfatzke
    Vertigo
    Doylee
    Lem
    Baal Netbeck
    Xsaros
    grandma_moses (i)
    grieverr (i)
    Bailey Lagstrum (i)

CMSRC-3
    DerBuhBaer
    Gonzo
    Troy Dalton
    torwith
    Kinggene
    phxsnuffyf16
    enamel
    brian_paterson
    Bandana
    wheelerxx
    svt4cam (i)

Teams

Team Fate
    Steve Carman (svt4cam)
    Troy Dalton
    Sean Jordon (that_guy)

RMI Motorsport
    Roy Magnes (rallyroymadness)
    Ole Marius Myrvold
    Dag Inge Hansen (d69_inge)

Walk Racing
    Andy Blade (baddogcbr929)
    Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan (Mr. C)

Dragon Rally Team
    Troy Uyan (blutank24)
    April Dillon (Lem)
    Last edited by enamelizer; 01-18-2017 at 04:23 PM.

If we are already signed up and classed from last year, do we just show up and rally our little wheels off? Also what does the (i) stand for after our names in class rankings?
    Last edited by svt4cam; 01-12-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Boy, we sure did get an influx of great drivers! Last season a 1455 driver rating would have put you in the CMSRC-2. So great to see the league gradually growing. Just more proof that we do it right here at CMS. Well done Aaron, we couldn't do it without you.

Quote Originally Posted by svt4cam View Post
    If we are already signed up and classed from last year, do we just show up and rally our little wheels off? Also what does the (i) stand for after our names in class rankings?
    inactive

As in life......... One must Press On!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinggene View Post
    inactive
    Hey!! Just because I drink a few beers now and then and sit on my butt and play driving games doesn't mean I don't exercise occasionally.

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As in life......... One must Press On!

9. Default

Woohoo!
    Last edited by blutank24; 01-12-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by svt4cam View Post
    Yup, show up and rally!

Yeah, the (i) means inactive like Gene said, it means the driver didn't finish a rally last season so I didn't include them in the count when dividing out groups. Historically it means that driver probably wont be active, but still in the rankings in case they do come back. Obviously that isn't always the case