Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Assetto Corsa and Load Cell brakes

Default Assetto Corsa and Load Cell brakes

Over the past few days, I've been trying to get used to a set of Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals, with a load cell brake...the first one I've ever tried. So used to driving with pot-based brakes that this has been a big change and quite frustrating.

Today I found a post at Kunos Sim in the forums, where someone asked what the best Brake Gamma setting was for load cell brakes, and the response from KS was 1.0

That's a straight line...total linearity, which makes TOTAL sense. Everything else is a curve where the harder you press on the brake, it doesn't just increase the power applied, but depending on the curve it applies 'a little extra' to compensate for weak springs, stiff springs, etc...but since a load cell brake, which while still spring loaded, measures force applied and not the throw distance, the braking input should match the pressure you're actually applying with your foot and leg.

So in tonight's practice session at Imola with the super fun Lotus 98T, I changed the brake gamma to 1.0 and took to the track....and I was so surprised at how amazing and predictable every time I stepped on the brakes felt!!!

If you have a load cell brake, and drive AC, if you don't have your brake gamma curve set to 1.0, I implore you to give it a try. It's the most natural feeling of applying brakes I've ever had in a sim, and I now totally understand everyone's comments on using brakes with load cells!!

BTW, this applies for all sims....although each has their own version of the brake curve. In iRacing, the development team posted to set the braking curve to zero, which I guess means turn it off/disable. After I test this in other sims, I will most definitely test my findings in each forum....and maybe I'm just way behind everyone else on this, but I felt I needed to share it just in case!!!
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

Thanks for sharing this Tim-- DA

my personal motorsports blog