Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 CMS North American Racing Series (NARS) Master Post

Default 2015 CMS North American Racing Series (NARS) Master Post

2015 CMS North American Racing Series (NARS)

2015 Season Schedule and Series Details:
    Hello and welcome to the CMS North American Racing Series! We will be using the rFactor 2 platform with the EGT Mod from United Racing Design (GT Class).

Before competing in the series, there are a few things you need to do:

1. You must visit the CMS Master car number selection thread and select your unique CMS car number.
    2. You must visit the 2015 NARS signup thread and signup for the series.
    3. You must visit the SLS system data base and register for the series.
    4. You must visit (and read) the CMS League Wide General rules & regs thread.

Required Downloads:
    rFactor2 (PLATFORM) Server currently running build 1028
    URD Corvettes version 1.97 Freely available
    EGT mod from United Racing Design Pay Mod
    CMS NARS Mod<- New 10/8/15 must be used after this date.
    Alternate Link CMS NARS Mod

Optional Downloads
    CMS URD 2015 Custom skin pack (For use with NARS and WRS series): Current Version "G"
    TeamSpeak Chat Client Highly recommended to enhance your CMS Racing experience
    New improved CMS rF2 Spotter Plugin with NARS/WRS driver names! Current version "D" Highly recommended to greatly enhance your racing experience!

Weather:
    rFactor2 provides us with an unique opportunity to employ the next level of realism...changing weather. However, we want to enhance the realism, not create chaos, therefore select events will be run in 100% dry conditions for the entirety of the race. With the exception of the "Dry Only" tracks, each track will feature a variety of weather conditions. In the future, we hope to offer real-time weather, but that capability is currently not yet enabled, therefore the weather will be scripted and promulgated in the drivers meeting, prior to the race.

Qualifying:
    A fifteen minute, private qualifying session, with a maximum of six total laps. Your out lap and in lap count towards your total laps, so the maximum number of timed laps will be four.

Start Procedure:
    For 2015, we will be continue to use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the race leader. At each track, an area (typically the last corner or something close) will be designated as the spot to accelerate to racing speed, with passes not allowed until crossing the start/finish line. A per-track Orange Zone will also still be in effect. If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is no qualifying at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will not be allowed to qualify at your next event.

Class/Car Selection:
    You are encouraged to choose a class/vehicle that you wish to run for the season and stay with it. You will be allowed ONE change of vehicle within a class, and ONE change of class per season, period. No class changes are allowed after the half way point of the season (race 5). All vehicle and class changes must be approved by the series admin PRIOR to joining the race server with your new vehicle or class. Request must be made through a PM to your series admin.

Points System:
    1st---35
    2nd---31
    3rd---28
    4th---26
    5th---24
    6th---23
    7th---22
    8th---21
    9th---20
    10th--19
    11th--18
    12th--17
    13th--16
    14th--15
    15th--14
    16th--13
    17th--12
    18th--11
    19th--10
    20th---9
    21st---8
    22nd--7
    23rd--6
    24th--5
    25th--4
    26th--3
    27th--2
    28th and below = 1
    Must complete 25% race distance to score points.

NARS 2015 Pro Am Series:
    The Pro Am Series is an extension of the North American Racing Series (NARS) Championship. Pro Am series participants, compete in both the NARS Championship and the Pro Am Series concurrently. Drivers may compete in any class and points are awarded following the completion of each race. The Pro Am driver who accumulates the most points at the end of the season, will be crowned the NARS Pro Am Champion for his/her respective class.

The competition is open to all NARS participants, with the following exceptions:

Ineligibility
    • A driver who has won a CMS Series Championship*, in any class, during the previous year.
    • A driver who has two or more victories in a CMS Series season* during the previous year.
    • A driver who accumulates two or more victories in a CMS Series* during the current season.
    • A driver whose performances and achievements, despite not being covered by the definitions above, may be considered ineligible.

Additionally:
    o All eligible participants will be automatically entered into the Pro Am series.
    o Participants should, but are not required to, display the Pro Am series logo and windshield Banner.
    o Series eligibility is constantly being evaluated and participants may be considered ineligible at any time.
    o NARS Staff have the final authority for determining participant eligibility.

* LeMans World, International Challenge, World Racing, GT Challenge, and North American Racing.

Event Details:
    Races are held on alternating Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. Central (US) time. Unless otherwise specified, all events are 90 minutes in length.
    Practice: 6:10pm Central Time (US) - 120 min
    Qualify: 8:10pm Central Time (US) - 15 min
    Warmup: 8:25pm Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 8:30pm Central Time (US) - 90 min

All CMS league-wide Rules and Regulations apply, and are REQUIRED reading.

2015 Fall Season NARS Schedule:
    PreSeason
    07/16/15 - Atlanta Motorsports Park* (Non-Points)

07/30/15 - Birmingham
    08/13/15 - Magny Cours
    08/27/15 - Donington
    09/10/15 - Road America
    09/24/15 - Brands Hatch
    10/08/15 - Highlands MSP
    10/22/15 - Laguna Seca
    11/05/15 - Mountain Peak (Roval)
    12/03/15 - Bathhurst
    12/10/15 - Zolder

Alternate download for all scheduled tracks is HERE.

Weather information for each track will be available in the event's Drivers Briefing.

Driver Briefings:
    Driver briefings are posted prior to each event, and list Weather, Start, and Orange Zone details, and Track download links. ALWAYS download the track from the link provided above or in the driver briefing, as this will be the version loaded on the server. Driver briefings are REQUIRED reading, and it is recommended to check them just prior to a race for any last minute announcements.

Race Reviews and Penalties:
    The race review team will review the start and OZ after each race, as well as review any incidents for which an incident protest was filed, and issue any penalties as appropriate. The results of these reviews will be posted no later than one week before the next event. All drivers are required to read the race review/penalty thread before the upcoming race so that they will be aware if they are required to serve any penalties. Any driver receiving a penalty will also be notified via PM. NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the driver briefing for an event, the review team typically will only review the start and OZ for each event. Therefore if you experience an incident during an event that happens AFTER the OZ you will need to use our Incident Protest Form to file an official protest if you wish to have it reviewed.

Server Name:
    CMS NARS

Password:
    Available in the CMS Master Post.

We hope you are looking forward to the new season!

Thanks,
    Eric, Troy, Don and James (NARS Admin team)
    Last edited by Don Fryman; 11-18-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Server updated to build 1028 & date changes

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

A big and positive change in points system, thank you guys.
    The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

(Benjamin Disraeli)

Don,
    The link to the sign up thread goes to last season's sign up location. Shouldn't we be starting a new one? I'm confused.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

Working on it Jerry

Edit:
    Working now!!
    Any other problems just let me know.
    Last edited by Don Fryman; 12-08-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    A big and positive change in points system, thank you guys.
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This, and the two 2 hours races, specially Le Mans, made me want to keep bothering you next season...
    Thanks Admins!

2 hour races will push me to the World Series since race start time here in New York is 10:00 PM and even the 90 minute races are very LATE for me......so we will see if I can contest this series unless of course the races start an hour earlier
    Last edited by Flyer23; 12-08-2014 at 06:13 PM.
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer23 View Post
    2 hour races will push me to the World Series since race start time here in New York is 10:00 PM and even the 90 minute races are very LATE for me......so we will see if I can contest this series unless of course the races start an hour earlier
    Hey John would it help if we started the two 2 hour races a half hour earlier so that we get finished at the normal time?

Would starting a half hour earlier those two 2 hour race inconvenience anyone else?

I am ok with that.
    The secret of success is constancy to purpose.

(Benjamin Disraeli)

I could adjust to an earlier start at two venues no problem.
    Stuart Barge
    #86 - Spin Doctors Racing
    Lots of driving time, all of it slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fryman View Post
    Hey John would it help if we started the two 2 hour races a half hour earlier so that we get finished at the normal time?

Would starting a half hour earlier those two 2 hour race inconvenience anyone else?
    While I appreciate the effort Don, really I do. Even the normal time is really too late for me to be up and still function well the next day. By the time my head hits the pillow it's 11:45 - 11:50 and that's shutting the PC off and RUNNING to bed. Up at 5:30 for work is a killer when I'm up that late. As much as I want to run I may just have to run Sunday afternoons. If we started at 9:00 my time instead of 10:00 I could run, but I am not asking the group to change for me. Please carry on as if the old cry baby from NY was not here
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna