Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Football Manager 2014 - Dorchester Town Magpies

Default Football Manager 2014 - Dorchester Town Magpies

6ac6a15716a53835f47557cfc24f405f.png

My first season as the Dorchester Town F.C. Manager has come to an end. We had an extremely successful season, finishing 4th in the league table with 68 points and earned promotion after beating Boreham Wood 1-0 at The Avenue Stadium. Not too shabby for a team that seemed destined for relegation at the beginning of the year.

The funny thing is, I'd never heard of the Skrill South, much less the Dorchester Magpies, until I started playing Football Manager. Since that time, I've actually become a real fan of the team. The only difference between my team and the actual team, is that the real Magpies have fallen on hard times financially and have been forced to allow many of their better players to move on to greener pastures. Players like Ben Watson, Arran Pugh, and Lewis Morgan to name a few. In contrast, I've managed my paltry budget well, cutting costs/players, and this has allowed me to retain the core of the team. Several key loans and a couple outstanding youth acquisitions have turned our fortunes to the good. I imagine, that if I were forced to play with the actual Magpies roster, my fantasy team would more than likely have suffered the same fate as the real club.

So, the 2013-14 season is in the books and it's time to start looking forward to next season. Honestly, I can't imagine staying up in the Skrill Premier with a bunch of Bar Tenders and Short Order cooks. The board strapped me with 2.8k (US) per week last season and that simply won't cut it at the next level. Many of my players are going to be looking for better contracts and it's going to be almost impossible to keep them if there isn't a salary budget increase. Heck, I'm already playing a 15-year old Center Mid!

Well until then, I think I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the spoils of my labor. If the board doesn't increase the budget, maybe my Coach Of The Year honors will allow me to pick up a job elsewhere. Not something I relish, because I've really grown attached to the team.

GO MAGPIES!!!

Good post Troy. Sounds pretty cool except my soccer knowledge is pretty non-existent.