Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New iRacers' Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by lopsided View Post
    Drrr... I just reread my question and what I was trying to ask was...

Are they always checked by default?

I was wondering if we always got fuel and tires unless we unticked the boxes. See it sounds a little less DUH now doesn't it?
    I said a little not a lot! lol

And the reason I ask... If they are always checked by default then I really don't need a button assigned to 4 Tires as I would be getting 4 tires unless I manually changed something.
    Haha...don't worry, it's early!

Yes they are checked by default, but you can change that by editing a line in the .ini file. I prefer everything checked off, so once I get home today I will show where and how to do that.

I knew there was some things I was forgetting when I made this guide, so thanks for asking that question.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Stig View Post
    Haha...don't worry, it's early!

Yes they are checked by default, but you can change that by editing a line in the .ini file. I prefer everything checked off, so once I get home today I will show where and how to do that.
    Scoobie Doo, that would be great. I will dig around and see if I can find it. I much prefer things to be off by default.

Early/late, I really have no excuses left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lopsided View Post
    Scoobie Doo, that would be great. I will dig around and see if I can find it. I much prefer things to be off by default.

Early/late, I really have no excuses left. lol
    LOL. If you want to start playing around with the .ini file, it's in your iRacing folder in your documents folder. There's 3 .ini files: one of them has nothing of value, then the other two are for general settings and graphics settings.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin

Thanks for the quick response all. I like the way you have your pov set up Bailey, it is exactly how I have it set up in rFactor and I want to mimic those settings. I will try and get to it this evening!

.ini file tweaks added.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin

Great stuff Jason...thanks I spend a lot of time on the road so now I can sit back and study some of this. But 1st what the heck is "tilt driving sensitivity" ?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Great stuff Jason...thanks I spend a lot of time on the road so now I can sit back and study some of this. But 1st what the heck is "tilt driving sensitivity" ?
    I think that's for driving with a mouse....I know, what was iRacing thinking?
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin

If reference to IRacing settings and stuff. I have a bute of an issue and its making me insane! Ever since I built this new rig and went to win 10 the Iracing spotter will not shut up. It's not funny. Its making me crazy. No matter what I do he still keeps yapping sector times. I use Crew Chief which does the job nicely I have never ever used the Iracing spotter. But its always on?? I tic it off I turn off what ever I can I make sure my headphones are not in the spotter list I even went into the config and zeroed everything off and then went back and actually deleted the entire SSPC section that is all spotter! And he still is yapping!

I cant take it any longer I'm going to put a hit on this guy. But seriously if anyone has had this happen please let me know how to fix it. Every time I go into Iracing I guess IRacing puts it back in the config?