Thread: 12 hour slotcar race in Toronto..@Speedorama

Default 12 hour slotcar race in Toronto..@Speedorama

hey, if anyone is in the Toronto area we will be running a 12 hour endurance slotcar race at SPEEDORAMA this weekend, CNE grounds...we'll be setup upstairs, above the main floor. you can see down onto the main floor too, it's a pretty neat setup

track will be a 6 lane scale replica of Le Mans, about 300 feet long I think....cars are HO scale

if you're at the car show be sure to stop in & say hi...!!

it's short notice, & we already have teams setup....but if anyone is keen & can get 4 people together by thursday you're welcome to join up too!!

thurs night we are setting the track up, friday night we are fixing stuff up/testing/qualifying, and the race goes from 9am sat to 9pm sat

cheers
    Last edited by ummagumma; 01-23-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Cool, I'm a slot car nut from way back. I may just have to plan a trip to the Show. We used to have a big HO club in Concord. I'll see if I have some photos.

That sounds like a lot of fun....I hope you can post some pictures from the event Umma
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

yes, absolutely... I have some pics from the one we did last year, but will have to dig them up, if I can find them

Jim, definitely come out...the guys I race with run a league called OHORA, they race at different tracks around ontario, you should check it out:

http://www.slotcars.org/ohora/

man, I just went out & bought a 1/24 scale Carrera set....can't wait to try it out this w/end!!

comes with 21' of track, nice wide curbs to slide on, and 2 GT cars..1/24 scale are nice & big, they look great:

along with 2 Ferrari P3's from LeMans '67, one blue stripe & 1 yellow stripes

fwiw here's a link:

http://www.carrera-toys.com/intro/ca...tartseite.html

Cool new toys. Everytime I stop in to see Ernie at Raceworld I drool over those cars.

I didn't get a chance to get down to SpeedORama to see you guys race, but did check out the links. That ROMP track was one of the ones we used to race on when Brian Ferguson owned it. Glad to see it is still getting use. The other track we had was damaged in the fire that the Cinnamons had at their house. It was a King track layout that I had at my shop in Concord for a bit. It then moved to our basement in Scarborough, and finally up to Aurora at Tom's place.