Likes Likes:  0

Thread: *SPOILER* Super Bowl XLI

Default *SPOILER* Super Bowl XLI

The Colts and the Bears!!!

The best NFL QB versus the worst NFL QB? Huh?

They say that Defense wins Championships, but do high-octane balanced Offenses also win?

What's your prediction?

Should be interesting seeing the #1 AFC Offense going up against the #1 NFL Defense!
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Colts in a Blowout (sorry John).
    we just watched the superbowl IMHO

btw, I hope that doesnt happen because I can not stand the Colts (or the Patriots).
    Last edited by davidan; 01-21-2007 at 10:28 PM.

my personal motorsports blog

jrowland96 Guest

You guys listen to the talking heads at ESPN too much (Eastern Seaboard Programming Network). No one ever accused ESPN and the so called "experts" of actually knowing what they're talking about. Just for fun this year, I picked each game (straight winner/loser, not spread) during the regular season, and I finished 10 games higher than the best ESPN "expert". The media is wishy-washy as anyone can be... One week the Bears are the best team, then the next week Dallas is unbeatable, then the Eagles can't be stopped, then the Saints all of the sudden became the second coming of the 70s Steelers??? Everyone was acting like the Saints were undefeated?? They DID lose 6 games (not sure how, since their offense is "unstoppable", and Brees is the next Elway, and Bush is Vick, Payton, OJ, Emmit, Barry Sanders, and Jim Brown all in one person)... including 2 out of the last 3 of the season, and the Bears won 4 out of 5 (meaningless) games at the end, but the Saints are the team "on a roll"?? Bi-polar and ADD are a bad combo.

I think Fantasy Football is turning people's "football intelligence" to mush... QB Rating, and stats don't always win football games.

Grossman is far from the worst QB in the league... I'm not the biggest fan either, but he just needs to not turn the ball over, and make a few plays, like he has been. He played great the first 5 games (kinda like Romo, huh? Was pro-bowl voting based on those games, and not the rest of his season?), and then has been up and down (he had 5 or 6 bad, and really bad games, but everyone focuses on those... He's had 2 or 3 so-so/average games, and 9 or 10 excellent games). That's fine, we don't need a Peyton Manning to win a game.

The National media has always had a thing against the Bears, and I'm not sure why... Play tough D, running game, etc. Sounds like the Steelers/Ravens gameplan, and the talking heads LOVE them, even with a murderer on the middle of the D. lol

BTW, I like the Saints and Indy as well... I was very happy to see Indy win, since I hate Belichik with a passion... what a TOOL!
    Last edited by jrowland96; 01-22-2007 at 01:56 AM.

I will take Indy also, sorry John. I love watching the Bears defense, however I don't think their offense can keep up with Indy's. I think it will be closer than people think though 24-14 Colts

Da Bears Day loose

Quote Originally Posted by jrowland96 View Post
    Grossman is far from the worst QB in the league... I'm not the biggest fan either, but he just needs to not turn the ball over, and make a few plays, like he has been. He played great the first 5 games (kinda like Romo, huh? Was pro-bowl voting based on those games, and not the rest of his season?), and then has been up and down (he had 5 or 6 bad, and really bad games, but everyone focuses on those... He's had 2 or 3 so-so/average games, and 9 or 10 excellent games). That's fine, we don't need a Peyton Manning to win a game.
    The problem I see with Grossman isn't his ability to throw, but his inability to make a good decision. And sometimes, just his inability to MAKE a decision. You say that he had 9 or 10 excellent games....when I think it's more like 4 at most, with several average games with QB Ratings under 50 for most of them. The QB Rating isn't a dumbed down stat for Fantasy Leagues to use for comparing players....it's a true measurement of a QB's passing performance.

If it wasn't for that Defense, as well as Benton to run the ball, the Bears would have finished behind the Packers this year IMO....

But then the Colts, after losing Edgerrin James, were supposed to be more dependant on Peyton and the passing game. But out of nowhere comes the one-two punch of the running game to back up the passing game thanks in no small part to rookie running back Addai. But, in the first 3 or so games this season the Colt's defense was very impressive. Then, they fell apart and couldn't stop anyone from running the ball on them....but they seem to have that taken care of now.

If Grossman isn't able to beat the Colts in the air, it will be a very one-sided game in my opinion, with Marvin Harrison taking the MVP honors for catching 3 TD's in route to a 38-20 win.
    Last edited by TimCollier; 01-22-2007 at 12:11 PM.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

The colts have so much confidence and momentum (in my opinion) after getting the Patriots Monkey off their backs, that they will win by 2 TD's is my prediction.

my personal motorsports blog

jrowland96 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    The problem I see with Grossman isn't his ability to throw, but his inability to make a good decision. And sometimes, just his inability to MAKE a decision. You say that he had 9 or 10 excellent games....when I think it's more like 4 at most, with several average games with QB Ratings under 50 for most of them. The QB Rating isn't a dumbed down stat for Fantasy Leagues to use for comparing players....it's a true measurement of a QB's passing performance.
    I'll agree that he has made some dumb decisions with the ball. It's been the only question mark, but he is relatively a young QB as far as experience. That's generally him trying to "do too much". That's what's so maddening with him, is if he stops making dumb mistakes, and just goes with his read instead of trying to win the game himself, he does great. When he's had "bad" games, they are REALLY bad. He needs to figure out when he's having an off day, then just hand the ball off, check down to your safety receiver, etc. Instead, he's forced things, and made it go from bad to worse. He doesn't need to be great, or the entire offense with this team, just average/good. He wasn't throwing the ball great yesterday for the most part, but he didn't make dumb decisions, and force the ball in trying to make a play.

He led the league (tied with Bulger I think, or maybe one less) with games over 100 QB rating, so he has had more than "4 at most" great games. His Average/good/great games are below. He's had 5 HORRIBLE games, but that's all ESPN talks about. Rex with a QB rating of 70-80, and the Bears won't lose many games.

These are what I'd call good to great games...

Game C / A Yds TD INT Rating
    Green Bay (W) 18/26 262 1 1 98.6
    Detroit (W) 20/27 289 4 0 148.0
    Seattle (W) 17/31 232 2 0 100.5
    Buffalo (W) 15/27 182 2 0 101.2
    49'ers (W) 23/29 252 3 0 137.4
    Giants (W) 18/30 246 2 1 94.6
    Jets (W) 11/22 119 1 0 81.4
    Rams (W) 13/23 200 2 0 114.4
    Tampa Bay (W) 29/44 339 2 0 104.2
    Detroit (W) 20/36 197 1 0 80.4

Average games
    Minnesota (W) 23/41 278 1 2 64.9 (game winning TD pass with a minute to go)

Playoffs
    Seattle (W) 21/38 282 1 1 76.9 (1 INT was WR fault... hit him in the chest and bounced up. W/O INT rating would be 87.8)
    Saints (W) 11/26 144 1 0 73.2 (Brady and Manning were both in the 75 range)
    Last edited by jrowland96; 01-22-2007 at 03:45 PM.

I like both coaches so whoever wins is fine with me.

I think too much is made of Grossman's ability or lack there of. The Bears ran away with that game after they took the handcuffs of Rex and let him throw the ball. The bears defense is good but it's no where near as good as it's made out to be. If they don't put the ball in the air they aren't going to win. The Colts will score so the Bears are going to have to let Rex throw the ball.

I will not be able to see the game because I'll be closing the store that night. I hope I miss a good one.

Regardless of how good you think, or don't think Grossman is, he is still 15-2!!!!