• image3a
    • image4a
    • image5c
  • eSports

by Published on 02-18-2019 01:55 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Members,
    3. eSports

Champion Motorsports is very excited to announce that we are forming an e-sports team for rFactor 2 which will start by competing in the P1 Gaming Endurance Championship in the GTE class, starting on March 3rd at Suzuka in the 12 hours. An effort that was organized by members of the Champion Motorsports community here on the forums and with close partnership and collaboration with our friends at SimHQ Motorsports.

A preview of the livery that we will be running is shared here as the team will compete in the BMW GTE car, with Champion Motorsports being shown proudly.

The team roster includes:

Team Manager: David Anderson: David is the founder of Champion Motorsports and will manage the team and our involvement and entries in the series. David will also be a test driver and backup driver should he be called up on by the team.

JT Tami: No stranger to racing and racing well on the rFactor platform. JT is a real pro and someone that has been a part of Champoion Motorsports and our community for a very long time. JT will set a bar for the team on pace and consistency that will be a great motivator

Matthew Overton: Coming from Canada and also a co-member of SimHQ Motorsports, Matthew is a phenomenal driver. He has raced with the CMS endurance team prior in multiple iRacing Endurance events. He also has quite a bit of experience with the P1 Gaming league and will be a very stable and core part of the team.

Vincent Marsh: Another Canadian as well as a newcomer to Champion Motorsports, Vincent brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the team. Recently finding Champion Motorsports by way of our new Monday Night Assetto Corsa Competizione league, Vincent saw this opportunity and wanted to get in from the start. Already proving to be a valuable member of the team as we prepare and work on the car setup we are excited to have Vincent.

Bill Brehm: Rounding out the team is Bill, one of the most experienced, and longer time members of the simracing community. Bill has been racing with Champion in our rFactor 2 events for quite some time now. His involvement in simracing also dates back to the early GPL leagues that many members of CMS were part of too. Having Bill on the team will bring a lot of wisdom and experience that is so important in these kinds or races!

Stay tuned for more information as this is a developing story and we will continue to provide updates on the teams progress at Suzuka and beyond!!! Congratulations to the roster, and let's go have some fun!
    by Published on 02-10-2019 02:59 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Sports Cars,
    3. Special Events,
    4. rF2 World Division,
    5. eSports

Video Replay from the twitch stream from the SimHQ Motorsports, cmsracing.com 100 minutes of Bathurst!

Here is my stream replay of the race. First half of this is my drive, after the pit stop I had a mechanical issue with the pit limiter which was stuck and put me out of the race, so I turned on the fly into a broadcaster, commentator lol. I hope you enjoy!!!! Congrats to all finishers

Watch cmsracing.com Bathurst 100 Special Event Live Drive and Commentary from davidantx on www.twitch.tv
    by Published on 02-09-2019 11:11 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. eSports

A Very cool new eSports Contest is now live and available over the next couple of months from RaceRoom and the ADAC GT Masters Series with GT3 cars! Right up the alley of those of us here at Champion Motorsports on car format. Check out the details and let's represent!

Full Details Can Be Found Here
    by Published on 02-08-2019 03:29 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Sports Cars,
    3. Special Events,
    4. eSports
    Article Preview

We have a really fun special event with rFactor 2 happening on February 10th! It is not too late to show up and race. All the details you need are in this post including cars, tracks, server connect information, etc. We hope to see a big field at the Mt. Panorama 100 this Sunday!!!

This is the third collaborative effort between CMS and SimHQ Motorsports to see if the audience is interested in running a short "Euro-friendly" race series on Sundays.

Date: Sunday, February 10th
    Server Reboot @ 5:30 PM GMT / 12:30 PM EST
    Start Time: 6 PM GMT / 1 PM EST, 12 PM CST, 11 AM MST, 10 AM PST

Warm Up / Drivers Meeting / Set Grid - 15 Minutes
    Race 100 minutes

Hotlap Challenge Now Open!

Open server hotlap competition until February 9th will determine pole for the February 10th race. LiveRacers is recording. No password on the server so have at it!

Solo Drive or Teams

Driver swaps are welcome but not mandatory! There will be one class for all entries

Registration

There is no registration for this event. Just show up and start driving!
    by Published on 02-08-2019 12:07 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. iRacing,
    3. Members,
    4. eSports

While I had driven many online events at the Sebring International Raceway, I'd never had the chance to compete in the Modified course. The shorter Modified course may have taken just under 1 minute a lap, but it featured many technical challenges that were going to make it difficult for the drivers at Lionheart.

After the points miracle that happened at Indianapolis, I had to finish at minimum in 10th in this race and the season finale at Homestead in order to clinch what would be the first eSports championship of my online racing career. Road courses had been my weak spot all season despite having 2 podiums and a 4th place, so I wanted to make sure that I drove a smart race with as little mistakes as possible to try and overcome this potential vulnerability. Would I be able to make the desired improvement to help my championship cause? Watch and find out!

by Published on 02-03-2019 12:59 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. iRacing,
    3. eSports

We are very proud to share an exciting announcement between Porsche Club of America and iRacing, in a great e-sports Championship exclusively for PCA members! What makes this even cooler is that our very own Doug Atkinson here at CMS and SimHQ Motorsports has been at the core of this to get it off the ground! Congrats Doug! We hope to see many of our own CMS members who own Porsches in real life and are involved with the PCA take advantage of this.

Quote and video from Doug:

"Here is one of the reasons I've been so busy lately. I pitched the idea and scope to PCA mid last year and it is just announced. We were working on it long before Porsche made its WCS series announcement. So it fits well with our club which covers North America. First race is broadcast live March 1st."

http://pcasimracing.com/

by Published on 01-30-2019 08:35 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. eSports

The Prelude 3 hours of Sebring qualifiers are going into the final stages, with almost 100 drivers lapping around the bumpy track, the top 40 will be secured for a spot in the all GT3 powered field. On February the 16th the race will be broadcast live on our YouTube, Twitch and Facebook accounts so make sure you tune in!
    Top 3 teams will get a special invite for the 12 hours of Sebring that will be hosted in March. The hotlap competition to enter the 3 hour event ends on Sunday the 3rd of February at 23:59, so buckle up and head on over to our competition page: https://rfactor2.studio-397.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Champion Motorsports

We've been providing computer-based quality sim racing for our membership for nearly two decades.

Our various iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, and rFactor 2 leagues are "serious fun" in a friendly atmosphere. We also host rallying special events in Richard Burns Rally and Dirt Rally.

While our events are competitive, we welcome all sim racing drivers from beginners to the seasoned professional. No matter what your level of experience we have events throughout the week to match your sim racing interests.

To get started, register for an account by clicking here.