• image1d
    • image2c
    • image13c
    • image14c
    • image15c
    • image16c
    image1d1 image2c2 image13c3 image14c4 image15c5 image16c6
  • CMS Member Spotlight Kris Hudson: Working My Way Towards Spec E30

Hi all! Earlier this summer I did my first track day in my 350z at Carolina Motorsports Park. I was instantly hooked and knew I had to find a way to get out there wheel to wheel with other racers. I had always toyed with the idea of spec miata, spec 944, and spec e30, but after spending the weekend with some e30 guys and watching the racing I knew that's the direction I was going to go. I wanted to move quickly on the car so I could work my way towards my competition license in the e30 as I learned the car. I cleaned up my Z really nice and put it on the market. I got a call the same day and it was sold the same week! I talked to some e30 guys and found a guy that was selling his race ready e30 to make room for his e46 build. Now I officially own a race car!

So now I've done some HPDE events as I work my way towards my competition license. I'm expecting to do my competition license check ride in March. I'm so freaking excited to be starting the journey. I'll do periodic updates and let you know how it goes!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Working My Way Towards Spec E30 started by vendsale View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      Z_Stig -
      That's awesome Kris!
      JTninja -
      Great choice for an entry into real motorsports!
      arandomnoob -
      Holy cow that's great! I was considering Spec E30 as well in the future, so I am very interested to hear how this goes for you.
      Congrats!
      Riverside -
      Very, very Cool!!
      HeatCAN -
      Nice!
Champion Motorsports

We've been providing computer-based quality sim racing for our membership for nearly two decades.

Our various iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, and rFactor 2 leagues are "serious fun" in a friendly atmosphere. We also host rallying special events in Richard Burns Rally and Dirt Rally.

While our events are competitive, we welcome all sim racing drivers from beginners to the seasoned professional. No matter what your level of experience we have events throughout the week to match your sim racing interests.

To get started, register for an account by clicking here.