• image14c
    • image15c
    • image16c
    image1d1 image2c2 image13c3 image14c4 image15c5 image16c6
  • Headlines RSS Feed

by Published on 05-20-2019 11:12 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Members

Had my second race weekend and I was at VIR again. Still taking in as much as I can and learning more and more with every track session. It was a super hot weekend and the times were a couple seconds higher than when we were there in March. Saturday I qualified 12th out of a field of 23 so I was happy with that! We had a standing start which is definitely something I need to work on! I got ate up on the green flag and dropped to 17th at one point. I settled in and finally got into a groove. The race was stopped after another class car dropped oil on the track. I made up several positions through a pretty hairy restart. The session got red flagged on the last lap because someone's car caught on fire (battery was flopping around in the trunk). That gave me 8th place and if it wasn't red flagged I might could have gotten that 7th place!

On Sunday I had a much better qualifying session and was sitting 8th on the grid. Had another atrocious standing start (I keep spinning the wheels!). Had two wheels in the dirt a lot and then my hood started flopping around. I decided to retire early because I didn't want my hood to fly off and kill somebody. Turns out the post for my hood pin ripped out of it's base (I noticed it was a little loose before but I thought it would hold). So that sucked, but it was still an amazing weekend! Had an absolute blast out there!

Highlights below:

Bump drafting down the back straight.

Red car in front of me loses it into T1.

Crazy restart where we get three wide in the roller coaster!

by Published on 05-19-2019 05:02 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. iRacing

Pre-Season Race - MX-5 Club Series at Daytona Road Course
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019

After last week's race at Monza in the technological rides known at GT3's, this week (and every alternating week throughout the season) we are stepping back and dropping into the Mazda MX-5 Miata for some great racing action. Time to work on blipping the throttle (if you so wish) and finding the braking threshold in these incredibly fun racers!

Now you may ask...so, what makes this series different from the iRacing Advanced MX-5 Series?

Well, for one thing, we didn't want to make it very different, and in face, we wanted to encourage everyone to participate in the office series as well, so just like the upcoming GT3 season, this series will use the same track and layout as the official iRacing series!!

But there are some differences too.

1. This will be a fixed setup series. The fixed setup needs to be downloaded and placed in the setup folder (.../iRacing\setups\mx5 mx52016) and the server will be set to force this setup for everyone to use.

Setup Download: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5-baseline.sto (You may have to right click and "download as" depending on your browser settings)

This setup is the same as the baseline setup in iRacing, except that more fuel was put in the tank....why? See #2....

2. Race lengths will be 40 minutes long. The baseline setup's fuel level was way too close for comfort on making that distance, which is why we are using a modified version. The official series runs 25 and 45 minute races, with the longer length requiring a pit stop. We didn't want to have pit stops, or make these races too long, and 40 sounds about right. After the race, be sure and let us know what you think!

For this series, the admins wanted this to be more fun, less stressful, and still be a way of working on your racecraft and driver development! That's why we went with a baseline setup, so that everyone could spend more time on the track turning laps, and less time tweaking the car. Work on being a faster driver, finding the faster line, and in the race study your competitors and find a way to get past. All of those factors will end up making you a better driver all the way around.

For this week's race, we only want everyone to show up and race, don't worry about car numbers or classifications, we really haven't made decisions on any of that yet. There will be a points championship for this series, the rest will be ironed out soon.

As always, an Orange Zone will be in effect for the first lap of this race:

This zone constitutes the outlined Orange Zone area on the track during the 1st Lap. This zone should be regarded as a PASS WITH EXTREME CAUTION area during the first lap of any race. Should an incident occur because a driver chooses to attempt a pass within this “Orange Zone” the driver initiating the pass will likely be held responsible.

The Orange Zone will run from start of the race to the exit of T3 (exit of the International Horseshoe)

Notes for the race

Be mindful of cars exiting pits, do not cross the blend line!!

If you wreck, HOLD THE BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pit stops are NOT required for this race!

No Incident Count Limit or Fast Repairs (Future events will have an Incident Count Limit)

Have fun!

Our race night schedule for Wednesday:

Practice - Server opens at 8:20pm Eastern US/7:20 Central US/12:00am GMT

Practice session will be 70 minutes.

Qualifying begins at 9:30pm Eastern US/8:30pm Central US/1:30am GMT

Qualifying will be 10 minutes, 4-lap, solo event with remaining time as a short break before the race starts. This is different from last season, and a test for the upcoming season.

Race - 40 Minutes

No Fast Repairs!

No required Pit Stop

As always, let's have a great time with these cars, it's a long race so don't be "that guy", and after the race come back to the forums and recap your night! We want this to be a very successful part of the CMS Wednesday Night iRacing Series, so please plan on coming out and having fun!
    by Published on 05-13-2019 07:36 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Special Events,
    3. Assetto Corsa

https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...-Sign-up-Here!

I am excited to announce a Special CMS Memorial Day Event hosted by our upcoming CMS Monday Night Assetto Corsa Competizione League. You do not have to be a regular sign-up participant of the league to participate, but of course we encourage everyone to consider joining our league, which is starting in early June.

Please join us for an ACC Special Memorial Day Holiday Race at Nurburgring GP on Monday 5/27. We will have a 1 hour race at this awesome track. As incentive, all drivers who have also signed up for our Monday Night league that participate will receive 3 bonus points towards the Championship when it begins the following week.

Details for the Race:

Server Name = cmsracing.com GT3 Series (search for cmsracing in lobby)
    Password = cmsrocks
    Track Nurburging GP
    Weather Settings = Realistic
    Practice Time 7:30 pm CST (Chicago) - 60 minutes
    Qualifying Time 8:30 pm CST (Chicago) - 15 minutes
    Race Time (8:45 pm CST (Chicago) - 60 minutes

All drivers will be required to make a mandatory pit stop where you must take at least 1 gallon of gas and 2 or more tires on the pit stop. This will be on the honor system, but anyone not abiding will be scored DSQ.

The server is up now for practice, and please post here with your intention to race so we can get an idea of how many to expect for this fun event!

Finally for more information on our Monday Night ACC league, and to sign-up please visit the forum area at:

https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...a-Competizione
    by Published on 05-12-2019 11:24 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Sports Cars,
    3. eSports

The Champion Motorsports Team plans to enter at least two and as many as four drivers, in the upcoming P1 Gaming GT Sprint Series in another really exciting e-sports venture for the community. The series, beginning on Memorial Day weekend will feature a highly competitive Sprint GT format over the Summer and into Fall of 2019. The CMS A-Team will consist of drivers Jon Uyan and JT Tami. David Anderson is registered as a reserve driver and in hopes of forming a CMS B-Team which will also have one open spot for us to add a fourth driver. If anyone is interested in competing with us in the series please inquire as we would like to consider you on the team.

Here is a preview of the Aston Martin Livery that the team will be running in the Championship

The series includes a unique format of double race weekends with a 20 minute race to start and a 45 minute race to finish with the focus being on team points. The first race will be at Zandvoort on May 25th and commence for 6 rounds between the end of May and October. Full series schedule is available at:

https://p1-gaming.de/index.php?pages/p1gtcalendar/

We will be reporting on team progress and results from each of the rounds here on the forums and also sharing race broadcast information as well.
    by Published on 05-12-2019 11:16 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Sports Cars,
    3. eSports

The Champion Motorsports esports team participating in the rFactor 2 events with P1 Gaming and the P1LMS Endurance Series took another huge step this past weekend as the team broke into the points for the first time in the ultra competitive series and really tight GTE Class. Led by Drivers Jon Uyan, JT Tami and Vincent Marsh, the team would score a 12th place overall finish in class, and earn 4 points towards the Championship

The CMS BMW M8 parked on the inside along with the other finishers at Homestead Miama after 6 Hours (above)

In impressive fashion the young team has now finished all three races that they have fun in to show tremendous resolve and improvement each time out. The team will now have a short break for a few weeks before heading to Estoril for another 6 hour race, where the hope is to get Team Manager David Anderson and key member Matthew Overton back in the car as well.

A special thanks to Jon Uyan for filling in for the team this week to help round out the lineup as he played a critical role in qualifying and starting the race for us. Also a shout out to JT Tami who jumped out of the car and then immediately into a seat with the sister CMS iRacing Endurance team at COTA where he helped drive our top Alpha Car Ferrari GT3 to a solid finish at Circuit of Americas (COTA).

Stay tuned to the forums for more information as the prepares to get ready for Estoril in the coming weeks.
    by Published on 05-06-2019 08:01 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automobilista

SEASON 9

The Battle of the Brazilian Stocks 2019

The Battle of the Brazilian Stocks 2019 Final Standings, Results and DATA

The Battle of the Brazilian Stocks 2019 Seniors Final Standings

MNRL Formula Classic World Championship Final Standings, Results and DATA

MNRL Formula Classic World Championship Final Standings, Results and DATA

MNRL Formula Classic World Championship Seniors Final Standings

Click Here for Season 8
    by Published on 05-05-2019 06:10 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Sports Cars,
    3. Special Events,
    4. eSports

We would like to share a great video from this past weekend's 2.4 Hour of Lemans from the view of some of the streaming participants that jonied us! Check out this great action and collaboration amongst drivers and friends! This is what simracing is all about.

Watch Highlight: CMS 2.4hr LeMans - Team Horses Arse GTE cars 1 and 2 from jay_TDE on www.twitch.tv

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Champion Motorsports

We've been providing computer-based quality sim racing for our membership for nearly two decades.

Our various iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, and rFactor 2 leagues are "serious fun" in a friendly atmosphere. We also host rallying special events in Richard Burns Rally and Dirt Rally.

While our events are competitive, we welcome all sim racing drivers from beginners to the seasoned professional. No matter what your level of experience we have events throughout the week to match your sim racing interests.

To get started, register for an account by clicking here.