Thank you for contributing to Champion Motorsports
during the 2024 Donation Drive to keep us moving forward!
As a thank you, you’re invited to drive
in our Special Event on February 11th, 2024.
This year we will drive the popular and Fun FF Ray1600 Car in iRacing
the race will be at Lime Rock Park (Full) for 75 laps
A special Trophy Will be Awarded to the Winner!
Qualifying will be all week long prior to the event,
with rolling sessions leading up to the race,
to set the grid in an iRacing Tournament format.
Watch for your iRacing server invite
in late-January 2024 via Discord.
October 22nd , 2023 Update
We are very excited to announce the initial details and schedule for our 2024 VIP Donor Only Race on February 11th 2024
See List Below of all eligible CMS Members who have qualified for the event via their generous donation and support of our community (coming soon)
- We will broadcast the race live by David Anderson at https://twitch.tv/cmsracing
- We will have an amazing trophy for the race winner
- We will be making a big deal out of this event with social media posts, website stories and discord announcements all week leading up to and after the race!
This years race will be completely FREE to participate in — READ ON
The Sim Platform will be iRacing.com and will use 100% FREE Content. an iRacing TRIAL Account may be used and terminated if desired at the end of the event, with ZERO cost to the driver — so no excuses not to attend!
- Track – Limerock Park
- Car – FF 1600
- Race Length 75 laps
- 1 Fast Repair will be allowed for All Drivers
- Start Type Rolling
- Realistic Weather
- Open Setups Allowed
Note we will have a very fun and unique qualifying format to set the grid for the race. During the week leading up to the event we will configure an iRacing Tournament named cmsracing VIP 2024. Drivers will have 3 sessions that they may join any or all of to set their fastest qualifying time. Each qualifying session will be open and will be 8 hours in length. This will give everyone plenty of time to practice and qualify with only your fastest lap time during the week leading up to the race used to set your position on the grid. The hosted session will be setup on iRacing and the password provided to all eligible drivers in our private VIP Donor only discord channel.
Important Schedule Dates and Times
- Qual 1 Feb 3rd 2024 – 15:00 GMT (8 hours)
- Qual 2 Feb 8th 2024 – 21:00 GMT (8 Hours)
- Qual 3 Feb 10th 2024 – 15:00 GMT (8 Hours)
Race Day 02/11
Race Session Schedule
- Session Launch Time 16:00 GMT
- Open Practice 30 Minutes
- Drivers Meeting – last 5 minutes of Practice
- Grid and Race 16:32 GMT (60 Minutes)
Eligible Drivers to Race in the VIP Event — Thank you to each of you!!!!
Previous VIP Race Champions
- 2021 – Chris Chmelir (Prototype Radical)
- 2022 – Marc Johnson (Sportscar Class)
- 2022 – Marc LeClerc (Touring Car Class)
- 2023 – Mateo Scaptura (Production Class 1)
- 2023 – Cameron Barker (Production Clas 2)
- 2024 – TBA