October 17th, 2022 Update
We are very excited to announce the initial details and schedule for our 2023 VIP Donor Only Race on February 12th 2023
See List Below of all eligible CMS Members who have qualified for the event via their generous donation and support of our community
- We will broadcast the race live by David Anderson at https://twitch.tv/cmsracing
- We will also have 2 Amazing Trophies for Each Class Winner!!!
- We will be making a big deal out of this event with social media posts, website stories and discord announcements all week leading up to and after the race!
This years race will be completely FREE to participate in — READ ON
The Sim Platform will be iRacing.com and will use 100% FREE Content. an iRacing TRIAL Account may be used and terminated if desired at the end of the event, with ZERO cost to the driver — so no excuses not to attend!
- Track – Rudskogen Motorsenter
- Car 1 – Miata MX-5 Mazda (Class 1)
- Car 2 – Pontiac Solstice (Class 2)
Drivers may choose either car as free choice for the event
- Race Length 60 Minutes
- 1 Fast Repair will be allowed for All Drivers
- Start Type Rolling
- Realistic Weather
- Open Setups Allowed
Note we will have a very fun and unique qualifying format to set the grid for the race. During the week leading up to the event we will configure an iRacing Tournament named cmsracing VIP 2023. Drivers will have 3 sessions that they may join any or all of to set their fastest qualifying time. Each qualifying session will be open and will be 8 hours in length. This will give everyone plenty of time to practice and qualify with only your fastest lap time during the week leading up to the race used to set your position on the grid. The hosted session will be setup on iRacing and the password provided to all eligible drivers in our private VIP Donor only discord channel.
Important Schedule Dates and Times
- Qual 1 Feb 4th 2022 – 15:00 GMT (8 hours)
- Qual 2 Feb 9th 2022 – 21:00 GMT (8 Hours)
- Qual 3 Feb 11th 2022 – 15:00 GMT (8 Hours)
Race Day 02/12
Race Session Schedule
- Session Launch Time 16:00 GMT
- Open Practice 30 Minutes
- Drivers Meeting – last 5 minutes of Practice
- Grid and Race 16:32 GMT (60 Minutes)
Eligible Drivers to Race in the VIP Event — Thank you to each of you!!!!
Previous VIP Race Champions
- 2021 – Chris Chmelir (Prototype Radical)
- 2022 – Marc Johnson (Sportscar Class)
- 2022 – Marc LeClerc (Touring Car Class)
- 2023 – TBA (Production Class 1)
- 2023 – TBA (Production Class 2)