Thank you for contributing to Champion Motorsports
during the 2022 Donation Drive to keep us moving forward!
As a thank you, you’re invited to drive
in our Special Event on February 12th, 2023.
You can choose either the Mazda MX-5 Miata or the Toyota GT86
to race the 60-minute race at the new Rudskogen Motorsenter on iRacing.
Each car will represent its own class
and there will be special commemorative trophies provided
for the winners in each class.
Qualifying will be all week long prior to the event,
with rolling sessions leading up to the race,
to set the grid in an iRacing Tournament format.
Watch for your iRacing server invite
in late-January 2023 via Discord.
October 17th, 2022 Update
We are very excited to announce the initial details and schedule for our 2023 VIP Donor Only Race on February 12th 2023
See List Below of all eligible CMS Members who have qualified for the event via their generous donation and support of our community
- We will broadcast the race live by David Anderson at https://twitch.tv/cmsracing
- We will also have 2 Amazing Trophies for Each Class Winner!!!
- We will be making a big deal out of this event with social media posts, website stories and discord announcements all week leading up to and after the race!
This years race will be completely FREE to participate in — READ ON
The Sim Platform will be iRacing.com and will use 100% FREE Content. an iRacing TRIAL Account may be used and terminated if desired at the end of the event, with ZERO cost to the driver — so no excuses not to attend!
- Track – Rudskogen Motorsenter
- Car 1 – Miata MX-5 Mazda (Class 1)
- Car 2 – Toyota GT86 (Class 2)
Drivers may choose either car as free choice for the event
- Race Length 60 Minutes
- 1 Fast Repair will be allowed for All Drivers
- Start Type Rolling
- Realistic Weather
- Open Setups Allowed
Note we will have a very fun and unique qualifying format to set the grid for the race. During the week leading up to the event we will configure an iRacing Tournament named cmsracing VIP 2023. Drivers will have 3 sessions that they may join any or all of to set their fastest qualifying time. Each qualifying session will be open and will be 8 hours in length. This will give everyone plenty of time to practice and qualify with only your fastest lap time during the week leading up to the race used to set your position on the grid. The hosted session will be setup on iRacing and the password provided to all eligible drivers in our private VIP Donor only discord channel.
Important Schedule Dates and Times
- Qual 1 Feb 4th 2022 – 15:00 GMT (8 hours)
- Qual 2 Feb 9th 2022 – 21:00 GMT (8 Hours)
- Qual 3 Feb 11th 2022 – 15:00 GMT (8 Hours)
Race Day 02/12
Race Session Schedule
- Session Launch Time 16:00 GMT
- Open Practice 30 Minutes
- Drivers Meeting – last 5 minutes of Practice
- Grid and Race 16:32 GMT (60 Minutes)
Eligible Drivers to Race in the VIP Event — Thank you to each of you!!!!
- coming soon
Previous VIP Race Champions
- 2021 – Chris Chmelir (Prototype Radical)
- 2022 – Marc Johnson (Sportscar Class)
- 2022 – Marc LeClerc (Touring Car Class)
- 2023 – TBA (Production Class 1)
- 2023 – TBA (Production Class 2)