CMS races rFactor 2 on Saturdays with an ongoing league, the Virtual World Sportscar Championship or VWSC. VWSC emulates the mixed class racing popularized by organizations like WEC & IMSA.
VWSC 2022 Modern Series
CMS is back racing with rFactor 2 on Saturdays with two series running concurrently!
Champion Motorsports in association with Storm Gang Simulation is pleased to announce the biggest rFactor 2 mod release: World Sports Car 2022. Over 5,000 laps and hours of development bring you the most complete multiclass endurance experience available.
Thanks to the outstanding partnership with Champion Motorsports, this mod will be featured exclusively through CMS series for the 2022 year. Expect thrilling condensed format, multi-class battles across the real-world venues of WEC and IMSA.
The cars featured in this pack include all the currently running GT3 spec series vehicles (as well as several that are expected to join). For the Hypercar class, SGS has built an astounding array of cars from the real-life WEC entries as well as halo cars that meet FIA and IMSA qualifications. All cars have been meticulously balanced with Studio 397 cars and built to very closely match real-world pace and performance.
SGS WSC ‘22 Mod – connect to our Discord server for more information!
McLaren Senna GTR
Corvette C8.R GTE
We will use the following layouts. You must own the respective track for each race to connect to the server.
Popular Vote Track
Jan 8 – 60 Minutes TEST RACE
Daytona International Speedway Road Course
January 22 – 2.4 Hours of Daytona (USA) (10x time compression)
SGS in-house track
February 12 – 60 Minutes People’s Choice (by vote – TBD)
Sebring International Raceway
March 11 – 1.2 Hours of Sebring (USA) (10x time compression)
April 2 – 60 Minutes of Long Beach (USA)
SGS in-house track
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
April 23 – 60 Minutes of Spa (Belgium)
Circuit de la Sarthe
June 4 – 4.8 Hours of Le Mans (France) (5x time compression) (Driver Swap event)
Watkins Glen International
June 18 – 60 Laps of The Glen (USA)
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July 16 – 60 Minutes of Mosport (Canada)
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
July 23 – 60 Minutes of Monza (Italy)
August 13 – 60 Minutes of Road America (USA)
Fuji International Speedway
September 3 – 60 Minutes of Fuji (Japan)
October 8 – 100 Minutes of Road Atlanta (USA) (10x compression)
Bahrain International Circuit
November 5 – 80 Minutes of Bahrain (Bahrain)
11:30 AM US EST|16:30 UTC – Server Reboot/Practice (2 hours)
01:30 PM US EST|18:30 UTC – Qualifying (20 minutes > 10 minutes: GT | 10 minutes: Hypercar)
01:50 PM US EST|18:50 UTC – Drivers’ briefing/Warmup (10 minutes)
02:00 PM US EST|19:00 UTC – Race
We will use the latest retail build of rFactor 2.
- The damage setting is 75%.
- Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down. Drive carefully!
- Driving View is open.
- Auto Clutch is available.
- 2x fuel on all cars.
- Weather will always be live weather conditions.
- Once again there will be Pro and Am individual & team championships.
- There is no pre-registration for the competition. Just show up, drive, and have fun!
- The server name will be “CMS VWSC 22 TrackName”.
- The server race password will be given 24 hours prior to race day.
Pro & Am Group Settings
To attempt to minimize frustration among the greatest number of drivers – and candidly sustain as much interest and participation as possible in the series – there are separate groups of drivers based on performance. Drivers are free to choose their class based on their skill level but may be reassigned if they are not correctly placed based on their performance.
The idea is to have close battles and exciting Championships and not people running away from others or struggling to keep up with the lead pack!
LiveRacers Timing & Scoring
LiveRacers will be used to record the hot laps and the race.
1) We will use the CMS Discord rFactor 2 voice channel for race communications.
2) CMS Discord is available at https://discord.com/invite/4ckmjPX
3) The voice channel is required, but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
4) If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk”. If that just doesn’t work for you, PLEASE set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
5) Chatter during free practice is permitted and encouraged! For qualification and races, please be brief in your communication on Discord and talk only if absolutely necessary. One sentence then quiet is requested. No text chat AT ALL during qualification or race.
6) Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord, or forum post language may lead to that driver receiving a sanction up to and including a ban from CMS.
7) Should a driver join the event server without being in the Discord channel, they will be sent 3 text prompts in rFactor 2 text chat to join the CMS Discord server. After the 3rd prompt, they will be removed from the race server by race control until they rejoin with Discord active and monitoring the race channel.
Submitted & Custom Skins
There will be 3-4 updates throughout the season where liveries could be accepted to be added to the mod. If you miss those dates and still want to run your livery, Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple of days before the race so your file will get uploaded properly. If everyone waits until race day, it may clog the server and necessitate the disabling of custom skin uploading.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways in the series:
1) rFactor 2 system delegated penalties. All must be served and are not controlled by the live admins. Most times, admins don’t even know rFactor2 AI has dispensed a penalty!
2) A post-race IRR (Incident Review Request) submitted by the driver for review using the General Competition Rules.
CMS Golden Rule of Racing
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident… Should you turn around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.
Additional Drivers Notes
1) Don’t Press ESC! If you do, your race is over and there is no way for race admins to get you back into the race. Race rejoin is available, but you must unplug your ethernet cable to do so (pc restart is recommended).
2) Important! If it is still early light turn your headlights on before moving out of the garage or rF2 will DQ you! You may also wish to consider using the rF2Headlights plugin which may be found at https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/headlight-controls.63904/
3) Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!
4) It is strongly advised drivers reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
5) Don’t use a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections are permitted for VWSC racing events.