2020 NARS Touring Car Series
NARS BTCC Final Standings
Croft – October 15, 2020
Snetterton – November 12, 2020
Brands Hatch Indy – November 19, 2020
The following was the Series presentation at the beginning of the year.
The second series of events will be based on the BTCC NTGC mod, picked in a poll by our NARS rF2 community, the tracks announced for the 2020 season. 2 races per race night, lap limited and the second race will be a first 10 cars reverse grid from the results of the first race. To add some further ‘spice’ to the mix, the races will feature weather based on that at the real-world track location two weeks before the NARS race and since we’re talking the UK, bring your wellies!
There will also be some special events throughout the season and details will be provided as the race details are finalized.
The BTCC NGTC mod may be found at
Drivers may choose cars from the 2019 and 2020 seasons ONLY.
Tracks & Provisional Calendar
We will use the following layouts. You must own the respective track for each race to connect to the server.
Donnington Park (National)
Brands Hatch (GP Circuit)
Knockhill Racing Circuit
Silverstone Circuit (National)
Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit (300)
Brands Hatch (Indy)
1st – 15th: 20-17-15-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Pole position for Race 1: 1 point
Fastest race lap: 1 point
Each lead lap: 1 point
‘Drop’ Races. The lowest score for one race night (not including special events) will be dropped for every driver in calculating their series standing.
- 7:00 PM Eastern – Server Reboot / Practice
- 9:05 PM Eastern – Qualifying 15 minutes
- 9:20 PM Eastern – Pre-Race Announcements / Warm-up
- 09:30 PM Eastern – First Race
- 10:00 PM Eastern – Second Race
The OZ will be in effect and will be an automatic review post-race.
- We will use the latest retail build of rFactor 2.
- The damage setting is 100%.
- Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down. Drive carefully!
- Driving View is open.
- Auto Clutch is available.
- Weather will be modeled on that at the Real World location 2 weeks prior.
- There will be PRO and AM individual championships.
- There is no pre-registration for the competition. Just show up, drive, and have fun!
- The server name will be “CMS NARS TrackName”.
- The server race password will be given 24 hours before race day.
PRO & AM Group Settings
PRO Drivers will not be able to use any driving aids beyond the auto clutch.
AM Drivers may use ABS but not Traction Control driving aids.
Notes for BOTH Series
LiveRacers Timing & Scoring
LiveRacers will be used to record the hot laps and the races.
1) We will use the CMS Discord voice channel for race communications.
2) CMS Discord is available here.
3) Comms are required but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
4) If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk”. If that just doesn’t work for you, PLEASE set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
5) A request to drivers to please be brief in your communication on Discord.
6) One sentence then quiet is requested. Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord, or forum post language or deliberate crash into competitor’s car may lead to that driver receiving probation, suspension, or ban from the league.
7) Comms are required. Should a driver join the event server without being in the Discord channel, they will be sent 3 text prompts in rFactor 2 text chat to join the CMS Discord server. After the 3rd prompt, they will be removed from the race server by race control until they rejoin with Discord active and monitoring the race channel.
Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple of days before the race so your file will get uploaded properly. If everyone waits until race day, it may clog the server and necessitate that we disable custom skin uploading.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways in the series:
1) rFactor 2 system delegated penalties. All must be served and are not controlled by the live admins. Most times, admins don’t even know rFactor2 AI has dispensed a penalty!
2) A post-race IRR submitted by the driver for review using the General Competition Rules.
CMS Gentlemen’s Rules
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident:
“Should you turn-around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.”
Additional Drivers Notes
1) Don’t Press ESC! If you do, your race is over and there is no way for race admins to get you back into the race. Race rejoin is available, but you must unplug your ethernet cable to do so (pc restart is recommended).
2) Important! If it is still early light turn your headlights on before moving out of the garage or rF2 will DQ you!
3) Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!
4) It is strongly advised drivers reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
5) Don’t use a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections are permitted for VWSC racing events.