Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: R3E. Race Room Racing Experience, FREE weekend!

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    It is cheaper to buy items using the R3R VPR token than paying for them through Steam. Also Steam doesn't always show what content is on sale for R3R and it also doesn't show all content that R3R has for sale. You do not need to purchase all cars in the series to participate in a race. For example, if there is a GT3 race you do not need to buy all GT3 cars to be able to be in that race, you only need to purchase one car from any of the makes from the GT3 series and the track that the race is using.
    Another good point about buying content Dave! 'SimRacing604' VLogger made a video about this (see link below).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6T09_rn7yo

For anyone interested in running in a R3E GT3 league, check out VLogger George Ortner's channel (links below full length examples).
    GT3 Specific: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmdbygnYnyE

For some commentary from George regarding this weekend's free pass, see latest commentary and game play examples (different cars at different tracks) at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmltftMO9Mk

Enjoy!

davidan is offline David Anderson

I would love it if we have someone amongst the community that would be interested in volunteering to put together a series for RRE and be the admin, set a schedule, etc. I would definitely support that as a fun thing to do at some point.
    Crispy Pepper likes this.

my personal motorsports blog

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

This sim has been sitting in my PC since day one! Getting updates and what not, it has been 5 yrs now first released?. I have many tracks and decent amount of cars but only 61 hrs of racing time.
    Would be happy to see finally put in use here.

@Jason, nice to see you trying different sims after coming out of rF1's shadow; AMS, rF2, AC and now R3E, way the go.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    This sim has been sitting in my PC since day one! Getting updates and what not, it has been 5 yrs now first released?. I have many tracks and decent amount of cars but only 61 hrs of racing time.
    Would be happy to see finally put in use here.

@Jason, nice to see you trying different sims after coming out of rF1's shadow; AMS, rF2, AC and now R3E, way the go.
    hehe.
    Well, in my defense, I fell back on rF1 in the R2P days simply because of lack of opponents in GSCE.
    GSCE was where it started (in any meaningful way) for me. So going back to rF1 was a bit of a downhill run, even then.

rF will teach you the basics.
    Then it will teach you really bad habits if you sit in it too long. Step outside of it and into a more updated and proper simulation and realize how much there is to learn/improve upon, etc.

The added depth of the more up to date sims keeps it interesting and is more immersive by a long shot.
    Once you've been forced to care for the tires more, been forced to drive proper lines, been forced out of the rubber build up, etc etc...it's hard to go back to plain old rF without thinking about it.

My loyalty is to the sim(s) that put me nearest the real world drivers seat, nothing more.
    I will commend, and equally throw some mud, at those that fulfill or fail to meet those goals. It's how this all grows and advances.

I like to drive the sims "angry"....impartial, unbiased opinions are easier to come by if one is not a fan boy.

rF2, AMS, and AC are all on fairly equal footing, imo. Love things about all of them, and the things I don't like tend to be minimal.

R3E is fun....I spent hours at the Nords yesterday. Barely even got away from it to test anything else.

Having said that, I will be honest and say that the grip levels feel a bit high.
    The Zakspeed is grippy like I've never drove it. There is something about getting it into a partial "drift" that feels awkward sometimes, like the rear does not want to come around as it should.
    I read another describe it as feeling "canned" in terms of the oversteer effect. I'd say that's a good description.

I ran off at Aremberg, track left, while navigating the right hander at the overpass. Both left side tires dropped off course into the grass...I was coming in WAY hot.
    The car did not even get sideways. I was able to basically slam into the brakes and just drive it out like I was on the tarmac.
    Perhaps it was the way I was on the power...but in every other sim, that drop off into the grass at that particular point, in that particular car.....is a death sentence. All over but the crying.

6:54 and some change at the Nords in the Zakspeed seems a bit fast. Fastest lap appears to be 6:34 or something like that.
    In the same car in the rF Group 5 mod that is attached sometimes to the Virtua_LM GTPC mod, I think I'm about 15 seconds or so slower.
    Of course, some of that could be down to the track itself. But, makes me wonder.

Love the feel of it. The floaty feeling some decry as an issue in R3E fits the Group 5s well. Watch them real world side and they really are quite "floaty"......land boats, really. lol
    How well that translates to the other content, not sure yet. Would test some more today but will be racing, so no time.

Anyone else feel like grip is a bit high?
    Tried their Indy cars (not called that in game for reasons) and they felt way too grippy and like I had TC (I had no assists on, double checked) Could not get that snappy oversteer feeling on power even when I tried.

Either way....enjoyable drive, "realistic" details be damned.
    Sawing away at the wheel around the Nords in an old Group 5 is just about as good as it gets to me. I can overlook quite a bit when I'm having fun

baddogcbr929 is offline Andy Blade

Anyone that is interested in Raceroom we have friendly group on discord https://discord.gg/Q7HRP4f ESR racing I know some of you have raced with us and are members, not trying to poach anyone but numbers are kinda low in Raceroom, so if anyone is looking for some action come say hello . Hope this is okay Mr Admins ?
    davidan likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12