Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: R3E. Race Room Racing Experience, FREE weekend!

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Default R3E. Race Room Racing Experience, FREE weekend!

A heads up for those that may be interested in R3E.

This weekend all content will be unlocked to all. So, if like myself, you have the base game (free, by the way) but haven't committed to buying most of the content yet (what comes with the "free" game is sparse, to say the least) this is a perfect opportunity to check it out.

I'm constantly hearing good things about this sim. And, from my short time in the sim after downloading it not that long ago, I have to say that it feels pretty sharp. And it SOUNDS even better (my god, those sounds!)
    So I'll definitely be taking a few cars for a spin this weekend (how can I pass up testing all this stuff on the Nordschleife. Answer is...I CANNOT!)

Perfect! The snow is falling, plenty of excuses to sit on my rear and pedal some cars.

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: RaceRoom Racing Experience

Brette Brooks likes this.

I'm basically sold on grabbing some of this content already.

A couple laps at the Nordschleife with the Zakspeed Capri and that's about all it took. lol

Wow, those sounds though

The added depth is wonderful.
    Now they're going to spoil me with this and everything else will feel blah.
    Thanks Sector 3

Seriously though, if the Zakspeed at the Nords cranked to 11 doesn't get the blood pumping.....well, you're probably already dead inside, so. z

Fun stuff!
    davidan and Brette Brooks like this.

davidan is offline David Anderson

I enjoy RRE as well, it's always getting better too. I participate in a number of different e-sports lap time events and such they have.

my personal motorsports blog

....I'm glad transmissions are cheap in sim world
    I've destroyed 5-6 already. lol.

Loving the fact that transmission damage is modeled here. And once I figured out how to turn off the auto clutch and get the manual actually working so I could heel/toe the car, it's a blast.
    Haven't left the Zakspeed yet to even try anything else.

Very nice ffb out of the box (I only made some very minor tweaks) as well. Very intuitive and easy to adapt to.
    The Nords is pretty well done....it's no AC Nords, but it's still quite nice.

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

I own most of the content and really like the game, I wished CMS actually had a few series for this game. Total investment for all cars and tracks would be around $70 US but the nice thing is you don't need to buy all the cars in a series, you can purchase just one and still race with others over multiplayer that are using that series so it can save you quite a bit of money if you decided to go this way.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    I own most of the content and really like the game, I wished CMS actually had a few series for this game. Total investment for all cars and tracks would be around $70 US but the nice thing is you don't need to buy all the cars in a series, you can purchase just one and still race with others over multiplayer that are using that series so it can save you quite a bit of money if you decided to go this way.
    I was reading the other day that buying the tokens (VPRs, or something like that) and then using those to purchase the content is much cheaper than just getting them with cash at Steam.
    However, I had not confirmed if all cars in a participating in a race were need, or if one could own just one car from the series and still race online. Nice to know that!

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

It is cheaper to buy items using the R3R VPR token than paying for them through Steam. Also Steam doesn't always show what content is on sale for R3R and it also doesn't show all content that R3R has for sale. You do not need to purchase all cars in the series to participate in a race. For example, if there is a GT3 race you do not need to buy all GT3 cars to be able to be in that race, you only need to purchase one car from any of the makes from the GT3 series and the track that the race is using.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    A heads up for those that may be interested in R3E.

This weekend all content will be unlocked to all. So, if like myself, you have the base game (free, by the way) but haven't committed to buying most of the content yet (what comes with the "free" game is sparse, to say the least) this is a perfect opportunity to check it out.

I'm constantly hearing good things about this sim. And, from my short time in the sim after downloading it not that long ago, I have to say that it feels pretty sharp. And it SOUNDS even better (my god, those sounds!)
    So I'll definitely be taking a few cars for a spin this weekend (how can I pass up testing all this stuff on the Nordschleife. Answer is...I CANNOT!)

Perfect! The snow is falling, plenty of excuses to sit on my rear and pedal some cars.

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: RaceRoom Racing Experience

Thanks for the reminder Jason!

I personally already own about 65% of the content and I keep finding new things I like in different cars/classes/tracks I have not driven before. I will probably try out a few new cars I have not bought yet like the Porsche Cayman, the C7 Callaway Corvette, the BMW M1 and perhaps their take on the 2017 F1 cars. One of my fav. tracks is their version(s) of Sears Point (Sonoma). I don't own iRacing, but these different versions of Sonoma seem pretty good for a GMotor2 DX9 based race sim. Give the Indy Car (RR-US), any of the GTO classics, GT3s or the Daytona Prototype Corvette a run around Sonoma for a variety of experiences. Other tracks I have tried and liked recently include Red Bull Ring, Sachsenring, and Suzuka. All modeled with good detail. They don't pop visually as much as most DX-11 titles. But the detail and quality level more than makes up for it. I find the AI to be variable from Fair to Very Good, depending on car and track combo. You can run without them anyway. The audio is some of the best I have found in sim racing. Pretty consistent realism. Although it may take some tweaking in the GUI to level some audio effects out to your liking.

They keep improving it and adding more content a little bit at a time. Some of the older content could use some refreshing in the drive models (especially the Exotics). But all the newer content and racing series content seems very good. That is a reflection of the R3E priority on race class cars that can be raced against each other. Unlike some sims where you get one or two cars from a single series, leaving you shrugging your shoulders wondering which can be realistically raced together. Probably the most recent helpful update making R3E even more useful for good series racing is they made it compatible with 'The Sim Racing System' matching system. That server matching system has breathed some life into both Assetto Corsa and R3E for those that want to race other humans!

If anyone is interested in a high level review/description/suggestions, check out the SimRacing604 link below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NkGEttBNow

The GUI and FFB have a lot of options to weed through. But once you get everything set up to your liking, the experience can be rewarding. A few FFB guides below can be helpful in that area.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcp3GjT2kq4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MagSJqvhinE
    For OSW DD users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ4GyWBRwFg

Enjoy!
    Jon Uyan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    I'm basically sold on grabbing some of this content already.

A couple laps at the Nordschleife with the Zakspeed Capri and that's about all it took. lol

Wow, those sounds though

The added depth is wonderful.
    Now they're going to spoil me with this and everything else will feel blah.
    Thanks Sector 3

Seriously though, if the Zakspeed at the Nords cranked to 11 doesn't get the blood pumping.....well, you're probably already dead inside, so. z

Fun stuff!

Good trial choices Jason. The Group 5, Touring Classics and GTO Classics provide a decent variety of vintage content cars with good detail. I've tried the Zakspeed Capri and found it to be on par with the rF DRM mod in most aspects, and better in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    I would be interested if CMS had a series in R3E. But at least we can find others to race with now that R3E is compatible and linked with The Sim Racing System service.

I bought all my content during the semi-annual summer and winter sales. Must have saved over 40% total so far.

You make a good point about not having to own all content to have them in events you drive in. You only need to own the content you drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast