Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: rFactor 2 - Tips and tricks

wheeler is offline Steen Nielsen

When testing the latest car (The Radical - Nice toy!) I found that the rF2 "info display" on the right is covering the in-car tachometer. Is there any way cusatomize the location of the two rF2 info displays? I run a 3 screen setup.
    Christopher Snow likes this.
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
    When testing the latest car (The Radical - Nice toy!) I found that the rF2 "info display" on the right is covering the in-car tachometer. Is there any way cusatomize the location of the two rF2 info displays? I run a 3 screen setup.
    Steen, I'd suggest you ask also over at:

http://forum.studio-397.com

in both the general discussion forum and perhaps too in the Technical and Support/aka support request thread. There is a search function there, and maybe you can find a quick answer.

I remember I had similar issues using the projector with both rF and rF2...where the ability to adjust the placement of the menu popups would have been very helpful. Hard to select anything when my own shadow is blocking it, etc....

Unfortunately I can't offer any actual fix right now, as I'm only just getting to grips with it all again after a long layoff. If someone hasn't already cobbled up a fix, you still might get it done using the modding tools.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 07-03-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

You can not change the location of rF2's own hud options (or their size) only option you have is to try different styles of it that may give you slightly different size.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    You can not change the location of rF2's own hud options (or their size) only option you have is to try different styles of it that may give you slightly different size.
    I took him to mean the pit menu/driver-swap menu (yellow backgrounds). Are we talking about the same thing? I'm really not sure, as I'm just getting to grips with all of it again.

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    I took him to mean the pit menu/driver-swap menu (yellow backgrounds). Are we talking about the same thing? I'm really not sure, as I'm just getting to grips with all of it again.
    Yeah I don't think he has problem with the pit menu, it's the info menu on right bottom corner.
    @Steen, having just tried the Radical last night, I saw every car (skin) has the right-hand or left-hand drive option. If you choose right-hand drive car it should give you the view that Motec display is on the left side of the wheel.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Sorry for my unclear Scandihoovian. It is the permanent menu window in the lower right corner where you can cycle through/display different kinds of info (eg. tyre wear, engine data, timing). I just tested, the left hand drive car, and here the display is only temporarerly covered when the left hand info window pops up. I have always preferred the left hand drive cars - Maybe because it reflects what I drive out there in the traffic ;-) But I'm going to post in the Studio forum - It would be a nice feature.
    Last edited by wheeler; 07-03-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Sorry for my unclear Scandihoovian. It is the permanent menu window in the lower right corner where you can cycle through/display different kinds of info (eg. tyre wear, engine data, timing). I just tested, the left hand drive car, and here the display is only temporarerly covered when the left hand info window pops up. I have always preferred the left hand drive cars - Maybe because it reflects what I drive out there in the traffic ;-) But I'm going to post in the Studio forum - It would nice feature.
    Absolutely it would, and it's a long time overdue, IMO. Since they are currently tweaking and fiddling with the VR configuration...and presumably the menus...you might actually get this done.

If you start a thread about it there, I will chime in with my encouragement. Best you do it though, as you'll be able to tell them exactly what you want (any global re-configuration ability would be great, IMO).

Back in rF 1 I spent a fair bit of time tweaking cameras I remember--is any of that even accessible in rF2? I haven't had a chance to delve into it yet.

My thread is here

Which cameras are you talking about? I'm normally only fiddling with the in-car camera, where I use the driver view.
    Last edited by wheeler; 07-03-2017 at 01:17 PM.

jerrymcc is offline Jerry McComas

Actually, you can. Go to the Options screen, where plugins, video, audio, etc. are. On the right is "Onscreen Interface"; If you select GT Style (I think), it will move the right window up.

It moves other things to, so it may not help, but they can be moved. I don't know how to make those, or whether they work in Dx11.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

Does anyone use the RealHeadMotion plugin? I can't seem to get it to work with RF2. I use it with RF1 and it's great. It's two different programs, just can't figure out the RF2 one.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567