Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Crispy Pepper
  • 2 Post By DaveS
  • 1 Post By DaveS

Thread: Issues with rFactor 2 and pit stops

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

Default Issues with rFactor 2 and pit stops

So whenever I'm in a race and as an example I've got my pit strategy set for 2 pit stops and to fill to full tank. So what's happening while I'm racing is the game will automatically request a pit stop when I've still got 1/2 a tank of fuel left. This is really annoying and I need to un-request the pit stop every time it happens. I'll un-request it and then a couple of laps later the game auto requests another pit stop, I un-request it and then a few laps later it will again auto request a pit stop for me.

Can anyone help me figure out how to stop this from happening...............PLEASE!!!!!
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Crispy Pepper is offline Chad Bartrum

I used to get really annoyed by that as well. I think it might be because the in-game calculation of laps/fuel is usually way off, so the game thinks you need to pit far too soon. I don't bother un-requesting, it will go away on its own after a lap or so.
    house382 likes this.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Yes. Not just rF2 either. rF and AMS, same thing.

What I do is, I set how much fuel I'll be adding at the stop (or approximately as small adjustments can be made on the fly) in the garage. Then I adjust the pit stop schedule to zero stops.
    Then, when I'm on track I can request a stop and the fuel will be as I wanted it to be....no annoying constant message from the game about the stop.

Works, but I still wish there was a more efficient way to call for stops and make adjustments like fuel, tires, damage, etc without having to do it via buttons. It's distracting and has often been the cause of some offs I've had in races where I was doing well until I lost focus trying to focus on 10 things at once.

Really wish there was a voice command app or something. Just command the crew via voice controls and have it set itself up all nice and neat. Easy enough, it seems. But I'm yet to run across such an app that works correctly. So, for now, just stuck with the second best...

Jason,

I use Voice Attack for all my sim's, it take a bit to setup for each game but once setup it works great. Check it out HERE.
    jham and Jason Whited like this.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Jason,

I use Voice Attack for all my sim's, it take a bit to setup for each game but once setup it works great. Check it out HERE.
    Oh?
    Wow, reading about this and I'm thinking I can find tons of uses for this inside and outside of sims

Thanks for sharing that, Dave. I had not put eyes on it until now.
    Will give the demo a whirl and if it does as it says (and the comments from users says) I'll buy that puppy.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

With Crew Chief it has a built-in voice command system so you can "talk to the Crew Chief" for settings instead of pushing keys. I wanted to try it but i failed at time management this winter. From what I read it does work well, It seems to work mostly with the driving sims only, no shoot'em up sims.

I use Crew Chief for a couple of games but find that Voice Attach is much better for what I need. In V/A you can assign whatever action you want to a voice command, I'm not sure if C/C allows you to create vocal commands for whatever action you want.
    faspit likes this.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    So whenever I'm in a race and as an example I've got my pit strategy set for 2 pit stops and to fill to full tank. So what's happening while I'm racing is the game will automatically request a pit stop when I've still got 1/2 a tank of fuel left. This is really annoying and I need to un-request the pit stop every time it happens. I'll un-request it and then a couple of laps later the game auto requests another pit stop, I un-request it and then a few laps later it will again auto request a pit stop for me.

Can anyone help me figure out how to stop this from happening...............PLEASE!!!!!
    Was fumbling around in my player file and found this

"Automatic Pit Menu":0,
    "Automatic Pit Menu#":"brings up pit menu automatically: 0=disabled, 1=upon pit ENTRY, change cockpit menu but do not bring up HUD, 2=pit ENTRY->cockpit & HUD, 3=pit REQUEST->cockpit menu only, 4=pit REQUEST->cockpit & HUD",

The default settings was at "4". I moved mine to 0 to see if disabling it will stop that. I believe it will.

Thanks Jason, will give it a try
    Dave Slee (DaveS)

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

It worked for me. No pit warnings at all tonight.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR