Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: S2 Rd. 6 - Sebring Results, Replay and Discussion

Coutie is offline Member

Pretty much just cruised around following or being followed by Steve for the first part of the race. Saw him locking his tires up a lot, and he pitted early for tires I guess. After that I just drove alone for the rest of the race. I ran boost 1 the whole time, so I got to about 20 minutes to go until I ran out of gas. I would say nothing interesting happened to me this race. Good to be back on a track that I like.
    TimCollier likes this.

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Some screenshots from last night's race

The grid of 24 before the green!

Formation Lap on Sunset...

We're getting closer to the start!!

The GT field bunching up for the start...
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Matt Horst leads the GT field into T1!

Kyle House takes the overall win!

The GTE Class Winner, Matt Horst crosses the line...

Fahn Thomas leading the way in GTC for another win!
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Good screenies, Tim. I shared some of them on my FB.
    TimCollier likes this.

house382 is offline Kyle House

First of all I want to thank everyone here for being amazing. GT traffic was wonderful to work with and the P2 drivers I came upon were all very respectful. From my vantage point it was a stupendous event.

I spent the time since VIR working on tire wear vs. tire speed, figuring out just how long I could go on a tank vs. boost level, and getting the car comfortable. I was less concerned with getting absolute lap time out of the car because I know I get quicker in a comfortable car and slower in a fast car that isn't comfortable. Besides, with a long race GT traffic was going to be a bit bigger of an issue.

I didn't expect to win pole. There were several laps posted through the week that were better than anything I could run so I was pretty surprised to see me at the top of the board after time expired. Thankfully Tim goes over what pace speed is because I had forgotten, lol. Loaded up what testing had shown me was most likely the quickest way to cover 5400 seconds (Softs, boost 3, single full fill just past halfway, no tire change) and set out to run a clean race.

Thankfully I had little issue in running a clean race. It went almost to script. The only thing I didn't account for is just how much traffic was out there. At VIR the GT cars were clumped together and the straights were long enough you could get 2-3 at a time. After the first 3-4 laps there was only a handful of laps that I didn't have someone I had to get by. Only had one actual issue with a GTC car grabbing a gear too quickly and looping it right in front of me. Being able to run in VR helped there immensely as I was able to track him the whole way. Last time I invite him cool places though. Only other car I feel like I may have panicked without needed to is Tom the last time I went by. Kind of popped out on him on the brake point going into the hairpin. Looking back I didn't need to do that, I had plenty of gap to follow you through and get by at the next brake point. If you feel I scared the hell out of you or you'd like to see me do something different when I come up on you guys, let me know. I'd much rather know now than find out sitting on the tire wall watching everyone go by us.

Laguna is up next... Not my favorite from rF but I have not been on the rF2 version yet. We'll see how it goes. Thanks everyone again for being so awesome. This week, from my vantage point, is a shining example of what online multi-class racing can and should be.

Norm Graf is offline Established Member

Good race, good fun...while it lasted :/
    In qually I ran a personal best, that was all I had. Nice job Matt, great GT pole.

For the race I was planning to run low boost and softs and kinda pace my self but after about 2 laps of green flag I could tell that Matt was going full tilt boogie so forced me to go with him. He spun out about four laps in which promoted me to the front giving me my chance to try and control the pace. That dam Porsche was fast and he kept the heat on me all the way until about lap 25 and as I came around Big Bend there were two GTC cars ahead that I knew would kill me with Matt now about a second behind, so I took the dive to pit road. He pitted next lap and I was pleasantly surprised that I had around 8 seconds on him, thanks to the 2 GTCs. Then about the time I caught Jon and John and right before the back straight as I was planning my setup to pass Jon at Big Bend, I grabbed 3rd gear a bit to quickly and, Bam!.....blowed er up right there. Dam, what a bummer. So I went up in the stands to watch the rest of the race with the fans. I was sure pulling for Seb, I need them points man! But Matt had his game face on for sure and fully deserved to win that GTE race. Excellent job dude! The next three races will be a real chore now with only 5 points between 1st and 3rd....Gawd how did I get in this position? LOL. Great season guys, great fun. It looks like it's gonna come all the way down to Daytona.
    And congrats to Kyle and Fahn as well...good wins boys! Maybe some others will realize how much fun we're having and join with us these next 3 races
    TimCollier, jham, Flyer23 and 4 others like this.

davidan is offline David Anderson

Great Screenshots!!!
    TimCollier likes this.

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

I originally intended to put in a lot of practice time before this race. Unfortunately, real life got in my way. That wasn’t all bad though. On Monday before the race my wife, me, and the dog were headed up the California coast to Mendocino for some R&R. The road trip was the shakedown cruise for our new Q-Ship (Audi Q-7) and I was looking forward to wheeling it on CA. highway 128, one of the best sports car roads in the country.

On the way to the coast on 128 we encountered a wave of 1950/60s sports cars that went flying past us on the two-lane road, headed the other way - MGs, Jags, Volvos, Porsches, Triumphs, Alfas, you name it - all wound up and charging through the twisties manhandled by smiling drivers. I was ready to trade the Q-Ship for my old XKE roadster and join their parade at that point.

After our R&R we got home on Thursday a couple hours before the start of quals. Had fun racing Mr. McComas in the early laps (always a pleasure Jerry ) until an alien time-warp threw Mr. Baumback’s GT in my path going through LeMans Curve on lap 15. (Sorry Don. You were 4-5 car lengths ahead going into the corner and I was planing a pass on the straight. Then boom! - you were right in front of me. ). Limped all the way around the track and into the pits where the crew replaced the front body work, the tires, and filled the gas tank. The rest of the race was just for the heck of it.

Congrats to all intrepid drivers taking the green flag.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

Fahn Thomas is offline Junior Member

Like Elliot said, awesome battle. Ended the race with 1.3 gallons fuel (2 laps). Elliot had better braking, many times he was on my bumper coming from 100 feet. Don was closing fast but I think he pit very early.

Traffic was ok, I was making room for the other classes as soon I had the opportunity.

Thanks Elliot for the clean race, thanks Tim and admins for putting this together.

See ya at Laguna.
    TimCollier, corsa and Jon Uyan like this.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

I did ok in practice, saw a few shutters and cars blink but the second we left for the pace lap everyone except one car in front of me and two cars in my mirrors were visible. We got on the front straight and everyone shows up then at the S/F line everyone disappear, then reappear in T1 and I hit the brake to not hit the car in front of me and spin. FPS was around 38-55 so off to see what I can do, no money for any upgrades to hardware so time for some overclocking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast