4 5 Colin Moore 08LMS Ray Mallock Limited #25 ES_P2 Finished 47
    5 4 Angelo dos Santos 09ALMS Dyson Racing Team #20 ES_P2 DNF 46
    6 6 jerry mccomas 13LM Boutsen Ginion Racing #40 ES_P2 Finished 46
    7 24 Eric Klister 15ELMS Ibanez Racing #44 ES_P2 Finished 45
    8 7 Jerry Hamilton 15LM Signatech Alpine #36 ES_P2 Finished 45
    9 8 Matt Horst 11LM Larbre Competition #70 ES_GTE Finished 44
    10 12 Jon Uyan 10LMS JMW Motorsport #92 ES_GTE Finished 44
    11 11 Tim Collier 13ALMS Corvette Racing #3 ES_GTE Finished 44
    12 10 Sebastian Rodriguez Sebastian Rodriguez's Virtual Ride ES_GTE Finished 44
    13 14 Don Baumbach 09LM Hankook Team Farnbacher #89 ES_GTE Finished 43
    14 17 Fahn thomas 13ALMS The Racer's Group #66 ES_GTC Finished 43
    15 18 Eric Elliott 13ALMS Dempsey Del Piero Racing #10 ES_GTC Finished 42
    16 13 Christopher Snow 16WEC Aston Martin Racing #98 ES_GTE Finished 42
    17 19 Spencer Battersby 12ALMS Green Hornet Racing #34 ES_GTC Finished 42
    18 22 Don Fryman 12ALMS Competition Motorsports #24 ES_GTC Finished 42
    19 20 Thomas DiLibero 11ALMS Magnus Racing #77 ES_GTC Finished 42
    20 23 Chad Bartrum 12ALMS JDX Racing #11 ES_GTC Finished 42
    21 16 John Nelson 15LM Aston Martin Racing #95 ES_GTE DNF 32
    22 15 Tom Nasella 09ALMS BMW Rahal Letterman Racing #90 ES_GTE DNF 30
    23 9 Norm Graf 13WEC Larbre Competition #50 ES_GTE Engine 30
    24 21 Frank Speer 11ALMS The Racer's Group #68 ES_GTC DNF 2

Results

Replay

Season Points Standings

Post your race stories below!

-
    Last edited by TimCollier; 09-14-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Yeah, that was as bad as I thought would be.
    The illusion of smooth practice with 30+ cars offline went to the toilet when I joined the server with 15+ cars.
    A lag nightmare, sttuttering and freezes all the time.
    Not even turning down some details helped. In fact it got worse, Im afraid.
    Fortunately I was able to race. But was not easy, and not much to report.
    Everytime I hit traffic I had micro freezes, sometimes not that micro.
    I had a mistake early in the race, but that didnt made much difference to my result.
    And to add to a weak night, last lap I had a Connection Lost, which very fortunately aswell didnt me cost me any positions.
    In the light of all that, 5th place is not bad at all.

Moving on and hoping for better conditions next time around.

Thanks and cheers everyone.
    TimCollier, corsa, Tom and 1 others like this.

mightyturtle is offline Eric Klister

Not sure what was up, but I had something goofy happening with my computer. Got booted from practice a couple of times early on, then things were fine for a while, but then with about 10 minutes left I got booted again and couldn't get back in. Finally got back in with about 6 minutes left in the warmup, and everything was fine after that. Gremlins, I guess. Downside, of course, was that I had to start at the back. Slowly picked my way through the field until I got into open space and just settled in from there. Pretty much stayed out of trouble except for a bit of contact with John Nelson (I think) ... in my haste to get by you after your off at T1 I missed my braking point at T3 and ran wide. You got by me and I clipped you as I came back to the racing line. Sorry about that.

All things considered, I'll take P7 considering where I started. Congrats to the winners - see everyone at the next one.
    Eric Klister
    Crawling Gecko Motorsports

corsa is offline Eric Elliott

This was a fantastic race for me. Even the tech gremlins stayed completely away!

I didn't have any time to practice since the last race (in fact, my wheel was put away and I had to set it up again this evening.) Fortunately, I know Sebring really well, so I grabbed last season's setup and ran some practice laps before the race.

I was very happy to qualify second behind Fahn, although that was only because Don couldn't qualify tonight. I didn't expect it, but from the start I was on Fahn's bumper, and stayed there lap after lap. In the meantime, Don was working his way up through the pack, and eventually he caught up to us, but about a lap later, he peeled off for his pitstop. I continued to stick to Fahn, until I started trying to figure out when I was going to pit, when I suddenly realized that the reason my setup from last season was a 1-stopper was because we had a mandatory pitstop requirement last season. I suddenly realized that Fahn was probably on a zero-stop strategy, so I quickly started doing fuel calcuations. Crap, not enough fuel to finish the race.

With about 15 minutes left, still on Fahn's bumper, I started trying to calculate how much fuel I would need to add, and had an internal debate aout whether I was going to change tires during the stop. As I was doing that, I had my only slip during the race when I forgot where I was and ran wide at the Tower, going off into the grass but fortunately not spinning. Back underway, I headed to the pits. With my fronts yellow and the rears red, I decided not to change tires in an attempt to keep Don behind me, and just added fuel. I came back out about 40 seconds behind Fahn, and 55 seconds in front of Don. I picked up about 5 seconds on Fahn through the last part of the race, and managed to stay about a minute ahead of Don, but that was the best I could hope for.

I had a blast fighting with you for most of the race Fahn, and really enjoyed myself tonight.

See you at the next one!
    Eric Elliott
    Terrapin Racing #224

Cedward is offline Colin Moore

Good result overall. I enjoy racing at Sebring even though it's a tiring track. I didn't have much raw pace here so I decided to try to get by on strategy. Minimum wings and one set of mediums meant a short stop. I had not one or two but 3 spins coming onto the back straight. You'd think I would learn after the first 2. I got to the end anyway. More than I can say for the last race. No problems on fuel this time. I didn't want to cut it close.

I followed behind S. Davis for the early part of the race but lost touch after my first spin. After that it was just managing tires and fuel for the remainder. I was briefly up to P2 after some people pitted but dropped back to 4th after mine.

Thanks again for the race Tim and to everyone for a good clean race.

Matt Horst is offline Established Member

Interesting race tonight to say the least.I almost didn't race tonight for reasons i won't go into but I'm glad i did even though i will probably pay for it in the morning when i try to get up for work.

Got on late again and had only a couple laps for warm up.I new i had the pace to compete for a pole and it was just down to who could dig out the extra couple of tenths,witch i was fortunate enough to do on my last timed lap.

Race start was clean and i started executing my strategy witch was to run as fast as possible without wearing out my tires to early,then pit half way and take fuel and a fresh set of soft tires and then hammer down again for the second half.Of coarse i made my race harder than necessary by losing the rear and half spinning the car in tower on the second lap.Didn't loose to much time and fell into second in pursuit of Norm.Spent the rest of the first stint closing little by little wile fighting traffic.I was debating on when to pit,stop before Norm or wait until he pitted and then pit the next lap.I waited and when he pitted i did so on the next lap witch was a mistake because i got caught behind two GTC cars and lost a few seconds.On the way out of the pits my game froze for a good five seconds and i thought i was done.Fortunately it unfroze and i was able to continue.

The second stint was really interesting and crazy.The big shocker was to see Norm's vette slowing and billowing smoke on Ulman strait.Interestingly during warmup i made a last minute change to the radiator increasing it one click.I was worried about overheating when running boost 3 the whole race.I think it was a good decision.Now I'm closing on Jon and Sebastian.I'm not sure what happened to Sebastian,possibly a late pitstop but soon it was down to Jon and me battling for p1.I tried to make a pass at the hairpin but blew my breaking and overshot the corner loosing a few seconds.I made it back up fast and then coming out of the hairpin i put my front bumper on Jon's rear bumper and the game didn't like it much because Jon's car started warping around.Fortunately everything settled down and i let him back in front.Not sure what it was like from Jon's perspective,but i whatever the case weather it was lag or contact i am sorry about that.I finally did make the overtake in the hairpin getting it just right this time and was able to pull away a bit.The last few laps were less stressful and i was able to relax a little until i took the checkers.Hard fought race and thrilled to get the win.A bit unfortunate for Norm,i think he was in control of the race in the second half,until his engine let go.

Congratulations to the winners and podiums and thanks to Tim for the league organization,i think were all having to much fun.
    Last edited by Matt Horst; 09-15-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

Could not prepare for this race long enough to be competitive, I knew I could hope for 4th maybe. Qualifying put me where I belonged in 5th. I was going for no-tire-change strategy with mediums. Despite the conservative drive & pace passed both Tim and Sebastian taking advantage of their small mistakes getting on Ullman Straight, which was perfect because otherwise I wasn't going to scrap with them and waste tires. Lost Sebastian in the rearview but Tim kept the initial 6-7 sec distance, then started to close the gap with his newly found boost 3. Thanks to traffic I was keeping the gap at 2-3 sec. while both Norm and Matt were already 28 sec in front. Finally pitted around 26 min to go. Was surprised to find both Matt and Norm behind me when I came out! Then I knew they had taken fresh rubber. Only Sebastian was 12 sec in front. First Norm caught me but before he could pass he had the engine failure, which was a big surprise. That changed the complexity a little and gave me a little hope. I knew Sebastian was going to pit some time tonight, I just had to see if I could hold Matt long enough to have his softs wear towards the end?

Matt eventually caught me about the same time I was reaching to Sebastian for the lead. for a lap all 3 of us were in close proximity then Sebastian peeled off for the pit lane. ~12 min to go. Matt's first attempt failed and he went straight on the hairpin. But his recovery was pretty quick. About 5 min to go he finally put on a pass, I did not try to block him since it was obvious his tires were a lot better than mine. P2 at the end is not bad at all, much better than I expected. With Norm's unfortunate DNF now we have a tight battle among top 3, only 5 points separating us going into last 3 races of the season.
    TimCollier, corsa, El Seba and 2 others like this.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

After spending a little time practicing with Traction Control on Low, the car felt even better than the last time we raced at Sebring and the setup was still just spot on for me. Qualifying was a PB, and started 4th on the grid which was surprising, and I knew I had nothing for most of the GTE field so I just hoped some luck and attrition would help me end with a good finish.

Race start was smooth, and I followed Sebastian until Jon passed me on Sunset Straight, and now I was wondering if I was doing as well as I hoped. I was able to keep up with Sebastian the first couple of laps (after Jon went by him too) and I started thinking he must be on Mediums as he was slickery out of the turns, so I pushed harder and passed him then looked for Jon who was already 4-5 seconds ahead. I slowly pulled away from Sebastian, figuring he was going on a no tire stop which meant he was saving 30 seconds on his pit stop. I kept the Boost setting at 1 the entire first run, as the setup had great tire wear and it showed as I closed up on Jon before making my pit stop for softs and fuel, didn't need much as I started on a full tank, adding in a couple of extra gallons in case I wanted to punch the boost....which wasn't my plan. I could run 2:01's on Boost 1, and didn't see a need to go any faster without adding to tire wear, so exiting the pits I fell back to 7th in class but first lap out was a 2:01 so I felt ready to see where the night would end.

After passing some cars pitting, and Norm with his unfortunate engine failure, I was in 4th place with Matt, Jon and Sebastian far out of sight, and Christopher was not too far back ready to pounce on me should I mess up. Then I see Sebastian pitting, and push it hard to see if I can get by him, but no he comes out just ahead of me with only a handful of laps to go....time for Boost 2! I didn't practice much with different Boost settings, so I found myself overshooting turn entries and really spinning the tires on exit the first couple of laps, but I was able to catch up to him and, I don't know if it was intentional, but he tapped his brakes on Sunset Straight and I passed him going into the Bend. Now could I keep him behind me? Checking the fuel load, I punched it up to Boost 3 and did my best to stay ahead on the straights knowing I had better rubber in the turns. But every time I would pull a little distance, I'd screw up on an entry or exit and he would be right back on me!! It was like that the last 3 laps, and while I wasn't concerned about fuel usage Norm's engine trouble was on my mind so I dropped it to 2 for a lap, then back to 3 for the final lap holding off a tough Sebastian to take the final podium spot!!

This was by far the most fun I've had this season, and it was chasing and being chased for most of the night!! Sebastian, was great racing with you and I hope that while I had some offs, you didn't feel threatened that I was reckless. Was just really feeling the heat!!

Congratulations to Matt on another win this season, awesome job, and to Jon for taking second on a great strategy and pace with the mediums!

Also, a big congrats to Kyle on his first series win, and to Fahn for yet another class win! The points are tightening up with 3 races to go...and with Laguna Seca next, who knows what's going to happen!
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Forget the race....WE HAVE POWER BACK ON! Didn't really plan on running the whole race because even with a small fan on me it was not all that comfortable in Florida heat and humidity without A/C. Had fun early on until I thought I might get past Don Baumbaugh when he overcooked T16 but I hit the throttle too soon and too hard....boink, nose it into the wall. Loaded up for Laguna Seca.
    TimCollier and lonestar29 like this.

Flyer23 is offline John Nelson

Started LAST due to not much practice since my shoulder surgery. Still sore and need to wear the sling another 3 weeks and did most of my driving with my right arm. Filled it up and put mediums on and thought I might make it without stopping. I think I made it to the lead after all the pit stops or maybe 2nd not sure. By then my shoulder was in so much pain I could barely drive. 20 minutes left and I had to bail. Great fun to drive again and should be able to make the next race and be in better condition. Congrats to the winners
    TimCollier, jham, Jon Uyan and 1 others like this.
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast