Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: S2 Rd. 5 - VIR Results, Replay and Discussion

house382 is offline Kyle House

First off I have to apologize to Jon (I think it is Jon, it wasn’t Chris’s Aston) for getting into you down the backstretch. I figured you were going to stick to the line and not leave it for me. Totally my fault. Not sure if it hurt you any but if it did you have my apologies.

Last thing I ran in race conditions was a Focus around Pittsburgh International in Chumpcar. Results kind of show. I had the pace, had the strategy, just could not keep it on the road around people in my own class. Got too excited, did things I knew better than to do, and pitched it off the road. When I knocked the nose off, I grabbed a gear too many coming to pit road and toasted the motor. I’ll get some more rust knocked off and get set for Sebring. Really, really excited with what I saw out there. Love the politeness and the fact that there are several of us all right around the same times. Looking forward to it.
    TimCollier, Jon Uyan, Tom and 1 others like this.

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar29 View Post
    Contrats to Jon and Matt... but no champagne for me... I was bumped off the GTE podium on the last lap.
    I was watching Angelo and Colin the last 5 minutes of the race, and when I last checked saw you had what I thought was a good gap on Norm...but he was running blistering laps on softs I presume, did he just catch up and get you at the end?
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Don Fryman is offline Resident Pawn Broker

Quote Originally Posted by corsa View Post
    I was bummed to see only four GTC cars take the green flag, hope we get more out for Sebring.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    That sucks, really.
    I cant believe that from 21 GTC entries alone, only 4 guys could race last night.
    I mean....
    I'm thinking the same thing......what happened to everyone??

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Coutie is offline Member

People might be away, last week of summer break, people don't like the track, etc.

Norm Graf is offline Established Member

I liked the track, it's a real challenge.
    I screwed up my qualifying forgetting to use full boost, but did kinda impress myself for running the time I did in boost 1, however, good job from Matt, good pole!

For the race I just knew everyone would be going for a no stopper and that was my plan too, and I knew I could run boost 2 and have enough fuel, and that soft would make it. So at the green flag my goal was to get in front and control the pace. That didn't work out so well. Lap two I got under Matt getting into turn 1 butt he chopped that off pretty good as I was trying hard to stay off of him I guess Jon got a little bit under me. I felt a couple taps, then around I went. No hard feelings, just racin. Got going again in 19th spot, Made my way back up to about six seconds behind Jon and Matt, then looped it in turn three all by myself(dammit!). So now I've cooked my tires and decided to pit for new ones and top off the tank. Boost 3 here we go. I started putting down some fast laps, low 45s to mid 44s. Passed what seemed like a hundred cars and got back to 4th in class wit Don about 17 seconds ahead with about 10 minutes to go. I was catching him 3 seconds a lap and caught him with 2 laps to go. I finally got under him at Oak Tree and we rubbed a bit. I didn't mean to get into you Don but when we touched was like a magnet and we rode like that through the corner, Sorry man. But it was last chance last lap and we didn't crash .

Great Jobs by J.T., Jon and Fahn for your class wins!

Race ya's at Sebring
    TimCollier, Tom and Matt Horst like this.

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Graf View Post
    I screwed up my qualifying forgetting to use full boost, but did kinda impress myself for running the time I did in boost 1
    Wait a minute....boost 1 isn't max? Is that why my top speeds are always slower than everyone else? I thought it was because I was running more wing....I've run nothing but Boost 1 since I switched to the Vette! Boy, have I learned something this season....that I don't know $#!%

Still not using TC in the Vette, and find out I'm running the wrong boost. Where in the world do you find out these things? There's not a proper guide for these cars that I can find....

I'm thinking I should go back to GTC.
    jham, Bill Brehm, Jon Uyan and 2 others like this.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

lonestar29 is offline Don Baumbach

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Graf View Post
    I finally got under him at Oak Tree and we rubbed a bit. I didn't mean to get into you Don but when we touched was like a magnet and we rode like that through the corner, Sorry man. But it was last chance last lap and we didn't crash .
    yea... it was the last chance on last lap. my interpretation of the replay: side by side thru apex, you on inside, pushed it wide on exit and left me nothing but grass (Alonso says it best).
    congrats on gaining that spot.
    faspit likes this.

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    Wait a minute....boost 1 isn't max? Is that why my top speeds are always slower than everyone else? I thought it was because I was running more wing....I've run nothing but Boost 1 since I switched to the Vette! Boy, have I learned something this season....that I don't know $#!%.
    This is why OPEC doesn't love you anymore, you have been saving a lot of fuel all season long.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Bill Brehm is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    Wait a minute....boost 1 isn't max? Is that why my top speeds are always slower than everyone else?
    Well that's just great. Last season I'm bustin' my butt trying to keep up with you at max boost, and you were at baby boost all the time. Now I'm really bummed.
    TimCollier, Tom and faspit like this.
    "In order to win, you have to be aggressive - with your car, with the racetrack, and with the competition. But you don't have to be stupid about it." - Carroll Smith

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    This is why OPEC doesn't love you anymore, you have been saving a lot of fuel all season long.
    That's funny!!!
    TimCollier and Jon Uyan like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast