Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: S2 Rd. 5 - VIR Results, Replay and Discussion

Matt Horst is offline Established Member

I only drove Virginia once in Assetto Corsa and never this rf2 version until this last Monday evening.My first practice laps left me not very optimistic about this round,and VIR fast becoming one of my most hated tracks.

I got into the server rather late and didn't feel very comfortable and only had a handful of laps for warmup before qualifying.Somehow in quali i nailed a lap improving on my personal best by a couple tenth's and wound up on pole.I never thought that was going to be possible.

Race started without incident and i was under pressure from Norm right away.I was still not comfortable in the car yet and figured he would get by soon but on lap 2 there was some trouble witch apparently caught Norm out and soon Jon was on my rear bumper.Jon had some really good pace and was driving aggressive so i defended as best i could but he eventually got by.Then as i was chasing Jon i had the off i feared would happen and lost a good bit of time and damaged both front and rear wings and the suspension.The car felt ok though and somehow i lost no positions so i continued on but now 20 seconds off p1.There was no chance to catch Jon so i spent the rest of the race just trying to keep the car on the track and bring it home in second.

All in all i am happy with finishing in second place it's way better than were i thought i would wind up tonight.

Congrats class winners and podiums.
    Last edited by Matt Horst; 09-01-2017 at 01:34 AM.
    TimCollier, Tom and faspit like this.

Matt Horst is offline Established Member

Yeah speaking of lag i forgot to mention i had fairly bad lag on every lap at the same place,just after the last turn/ before the pit entry area.At the end of the race it was getting really bad and i thought i would be lucky to not have my game crash.Anyone else experience this?

heychris is offline Chris Hamilton

I didn't have any lag per se..bur i did notice the view in my VR goggles got more fuzzy as the race wore on...dunno if it was some kind of degradation or the server slowing down

Ch
    CMS #52

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Chris Hamilton - Hamilton Motorsports Inc.

headed back out - trailing white smoke. I was hoping it was contrails and I was going faster...

Don Fryman is offline Resident Pawn Broker

Quote Originally Posted by Cedward View Post
    Sorry to Don Fryman for booting you off track at the kink on lap 9. I should have been more patient.
    Thanks Colin!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Close to the end, I was catching Colin slowly. Then I had a coming together with Don Fryman while lapping his GTC, I think, that I was lucky enough to keep going without much damage. It also involved Erick Klister, that could not avoid us. But I think he went on aswell.
    Apologies Don, I thought I had the line there.
    Thanks Angelo!!
    Last edited by Don Fryman; 09-01-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    TimCollier and AngeloRacer like this.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Grats to last night's winners and podium finishers. That was a lot of fun and probably a good thing it wasn't longer than 60 minutes or I might not have stayed awake. Had a lot of fun racing with Sebastian early on and then again later after I almost ended my own race. Running along all by myself with him a little ways back I completely missed South Bend (?) and took an extended ride through the countryside nearly flipping the car at one point. Just tried to hold it straight and then reenter at the T 11/Oak Tree area. By the time bouncing down the countryside ended Sebastian had caught me. I could see it and was trying to give him room but still get back on the track. Unfortunately, when I got on the curb the car pushed left and we kinda got together a bit, side to side. It might have looked like I was trying to save the position but that's not the case. Fortunately it didn't knock him off the track and we exited side by side. He deserved the position so I let off a bit around "Madison Avenue" to let him go and hope I could get back by him later on. Very sorry for the contact, Sebastian, it was totally unintentional. Not too long after that he pulled to the side of the road with a problem of some sort.....engine according to the results. From that point on it was just a matter of trying not to make any more mistakes and get what I could get. Fun track, fun race.....on to Sebring.
    Last edited by Tom; 09-01-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    TimCollier and faspit like this.

lonestar29 is offline Don Baumbach

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    Short race, so short recap.

A BIG congratulations to Jon Uyan for the GTE class win, and to Matt and Don for their podium finishes, great run guys!!

Contrats to Jon and Matt... but no champagne for me... I was bumped off the GTE podium on the last lap.

corsa is offline Eric Elliott

I was bummed to see only four GTC cars take the green flag, hope we get more out for Sebring.

A technical note though: practica, qualifying, and the formation lap were all silky-smooth with fantastic framerates for me. But for some reason, at the end of the formation lap, my framerate tanked, and it was especially bad through the Nascar Bend and the Left Hook, about 20 fps through there every lap, which took away my confidence going through there.

Other than that, had a pretty good race. Early on, both Fahn and Don had issues, which kept me in the thick of things for awhile. I eventually caught the grass in the Roller Coaster and spun off, then later in the race had a solo spin at the Hog Pen when the rear got loose.

See you at Sebring.
    TimCollier, Matt Horst and faspit like this.
    Eric Elliott
    Terrapin Racing #224

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

About the lag, everything from my side seemed fine on this track. When there were many cars together, a bit of sttutering, but nothing major.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by corsa View Post
    I was bummed to see only four GTC cars take the green flag, hope we get more out for Sebring.
    That sucks, really.
    I cant believe that from 21 GTC entries alone, only 4 guys could race last night.
    I mean....

Ah well...moving on!

Coutie is offline Member

That's my least favourite track, glad it's over.

Not impressed by the person who drove me off track TWICE when I was right next to them. If you leave space, expect it to be filled by someone else.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast