9 12 Jon Uyan 10LMS JMW Motorsport #92 ES_GTE Finished 34
    10 10 Matt Horst 11LM Larbre Competition #70 ES_GTE Finished 33
    11 11 Norm Graf 13WEC Larbre Competition #50 ES_GTE Finished 33
    12 13 Don Baumbach 09LM Hankook Team Farnbacher #89 ES_GTE Finished 33
    13 15 Tom Nasella 09ALMS BMW Rahal Letterman Racing #90 ES_GTE Finished 33
    14 16 Fahn thomas 13ALMS The Racer's Group #66 ES_GTC Finished 32
    15 17 Don Fryman 12ALMS Competition Motorsports #24 ES_GTC Finished 32
    16 18 Eric Elliott 13ALMS Dempsey Del Piero Racing #10 ES_GTC Finished 32
    17 21 Sebastian Rodriguez Sebastian Rodriguez's Virtual Ride ES_GTE Engine 22
    18 20 Ray Nelson 11ALMS Black Swan Racing #34 ES_GTC DNF 19
    19 2 Kyle House 15ELMS Algarve Pro Racing #25 ES_P2 Engine 18
    20 14 Tim Collier 13ALMS Corvette Racing #3 ES_GTE DNF 2
    21 19 Christopher Snow 16WEC Aston Martin Racing #98 ES_GTE DNF 1

Results

Replay

Season Points Standings

Post your race stories below!
    Last edited by TimCollier; 08-31-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

@Norm that was an unfortunate incident. Looks like I had turned my replay off so I can't watch it yet. But regardless I'll put it thru the review process and make it part of the race review, so other stewards will look into it.
    TimCollier and Tom like this.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Cedward is offline Colin Moore

Note to self. Fill the damn tank.

Sorry to Don Fryman for booting you off track at the kink on lap 9. I should have been more patient.

mightyturtle is offline Eric Klister

First race back after a brief hiatus and felt a bit rusty, but it wasn't too bad. Had another great scrap with Jerry Hamilton - seemed like we were just about even on laps but we traded spots a few times thanks to traffic and a couple of agricultural excursions by each of us. Unfortunately, toward the end of the race I got caught up in someone else's incident with nowhere to go, so he ended up pulling away, but it was still good fun nonetheless. Look forward to picking it up again at Sebring.
    TimCollier, jham and Tom like this.
    Eric Klister
    Crawling Gecko Motorsports

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Short race, so short recap.

Qualified well, race started fine, and on Lap 3 coming over the hill at leading to Oak Tree the back end gets loose, turns left and locking up the brakes just didn't matter...hit the wall, tire punctured. Limp around to the pits (losing the car again in Sector 3, hitting the wall) but finally make it to my pit stall. Now I'm just thinking about halfway and points....

30 seconds for tires, 53 seconds for damage....I reach over to turn off the engine and my button pad doesn't register. Then I remembered....I updated my Fanatec firmware and drivers a couple of weeks ago, and after doing so started a new controller profile in rFactor2 using the new Clubsport wheel preset recently added by S397....mapped the wheel buttons, so was good there, but totally forgot to map my button pad, but remembered the default being "I" for ignition, so hit that to shut everything down and not overheat the engine.

Then I couldn't remember what the default key was for the Starter.

Grabbed my phone, searched all over the internet to no avail. Tried a bunch of keys at random, hit almost every button on my wheel...finally just had to give up as I couldn't fire the car back up. Feel like a total idiot. On a side note, it was set to a controller that I don't even have by default, so there's nothing I could have done anyway, but I should have remembered to check all well before race night. Between the spin and that, I pretty much ruined any chance of a Top 5 in GTE points for the season, which was my goal.

But I did get to sit and watch the racing throughout the field, saw some great battles, some awesome multi-class passing where both drivers worked together well, and I saw some that were not so clean but in the end, it was an amazing race to watch and I can't wait to get to Sebring and avenge my stupidity (hopefully!).

A BIG congratulations to Jon Uyan for the GTE class win, and to Matt and Don for their podium finishes, great run guys!!

And of course congraulations to JT Tami and Fahn Thomas for their class wins!

If you haven't looked, the points battles are tightening up!! We still have 4 races to go too!!
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

heychris is offline Chris Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    Short race, so short recap.

Qualified well, race started fine, and on Lap 3 coming over the hill at leading to Oak Tree the back end gets loose, turns left and locking up the brakes just didn't matter...hit the wall, tire punctured. Limp around to the pits (losing the car again in Sector 3, hitting the wall) but finally make it to my pit stall. Now I'm just thinking about halfway and points....

30 seconds for tires, 53 seconds for damage....I reach over to turn off the engine and my button pad doesn't register. Then I remembered....I updated my Fanatec firmware and drivers a couple of weeks ago, and after doing so started a new controller profile in rFactor2 using the new Clubsport wheel preset recently added by S397....mapped the wheel buttons, so was good there, but totally forgot to map my button pad, but remembered the default being "I" for ignition, so hit that to shut everything down and not overheat the engine.

Then I couldn't remember what the default key was for the Starter.

Grabbed my phone, searched all over the internet to no avail. Tried a bunch of keys at random, hit almost every button on my wheel...finally just had to give up as I couldn't fire the car back up. Feel like a total idiot. On a side note, it was set to a controller that I don't even have by default, so there's nothing I could have done anyway, but I should have remembered to check all well before race night. Between the spin and that, I pretty much ruined any chance of a Top 5 in GTE points for the season, which was my goal.

But I did get to sit and watch the racing throughout the field, saw some great battles, some awesome multi-class passing where both drivers worked together well, and I saw some that were not so clean but in the end, it was an amazing race to watch and I can't wait to get to Sebring and avenge my stupidity (hopefully!).

A BIG congratulations to Jon Uyan for the GTE class win, and to Matt and Don for their podium finishes, great run guys!!

And of course congraulations to JT Tami and Fahn Thomas for their class wins!

If you haven't looked, the points battles are tightening up!! We still have 4 races to go too!!
    Did you race in VR Tim?

Ch

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Chris Hamilton - Hamilton Motorsports Inc.

headed back out - trailing white smoke. I was hoping it was contrails and I was going faster...

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by heychris View Post
    Did you race in VR Tim?

Ch

No, didn't feel comfortable enough in rFactor2 to do it just yet. But I do plan on racing in VR next week in iRacing, I took to it right away. Just need to figure out a few things to replace my button box (which is a Fire tablet with ROCCAT, so nothing tactile to find the right button!).
    Tim Collier

Sounds like a Maxwell wheel.in your future then..

Ch

TimCollier likes this.

headed back out - trailing white smoke. I was hoping it was contrails and I was going faster...

I guess I'll chime in on the back of that....

I was literally scrambling to get my setup together for this race as we have up until Tues. this week we have had the downstairs of our new home completely retextured and painted...this of course includes the office where my sim rig is planted. Further..when we began the work I had just started setting my system up into VR with a Rift.

I had it up and working BUT not optimised for VR and I had turned some laps on Tuesday evening. Inherited a "quick" setup from Pops and within 10 laps in VR I was going 4 seconds a lap quicker than he on the same setup...He cried "foul" but little did he or I know that I would shortly suffer a complete crash of Steam that required me to completely delete all of my Steam files and start over....

As it was tonight I was chasing my tail trying to get everything up and running just to race..

I was able to get my setup stable in VR...about an hour prior to practice...Inherited yet another "quick setup from Pops but couldn't get my beloved #52 Puzzleworks SD Oreca Nissan paint to work so I had to settle for the pretty blue Alpine. Of course in turn during practice I started down the black road and went slower. Frustrated I cobbed a low drag setup together that work and began to make a decent showing of myself despite my poor qualification..JT clearly had the pace on the field but qualified behind Angelo and few others whom had quicker qualifying settings...was doing great in getting my feet wet with the quick guys whilst in VR...

As the opening laps were unfolding I felt pretty strong latching onto Angelo's wing..my car looked quite a bit more maneuverable than his despite my low wing setup but of course since I haven't been racing in awhile I sure enough ran off track in T1...one probable unsafe track entry later I found myself just in front of the p2 battle behind..made a few more mistakes before reigning it in and hoping for carnage up the order ahead of me...in the end Colin ran out of gas and I finished p3 OA...thats a very satisfying result for a non optimised FIRST RACE VR experience...

Everybody seemed very well behaved, even when I would make a later than normal lunge and I apologize up front to any of you if you think any passes I made were unorthodox in anyway...Saw an unfortunately spectacular explosive ending to an orange GT2 Porsche and had a pretty close scare with the Terrapin Porsche; each of us getting confused about which way the other was going.

All in all a great result for me and a great race for all..

Cheers gents,

Chris H
    CMS #52

Last edited by heychris; 09-01-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    TimCollier, jham and Tom like this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Do the best you can with the thing you have...that was the goal today. And it worked just fine.
    Starting from 4th on my class, I knew a podium would be like a victory.
    From practice, looked like JT was on his way to lap me. I didnt knew about Kyle´s experience, only that he was going very fast. And Colin showed up doing some pretty sick fast times.

So to get 2nd place, was the maximum for me tonight, and thanks to some luck aswell.

Race was about keep my head down and do my stuff. Fuel consuption was not brilliant, but I had enough to finish, going only boost 1. I even drove more carefully to make sure I had enough. Looks like Kyle had lots of problems, so I found myself in 3th, keeping ahead of Chris Hamilton.
    Close to the end, I was catching Colin slowly. Then I had a coming together with Don Fryman while lapping his GTC, I think, that I was lucky enough to keep going without much damage. It also involved Erick Klister, that could not avoid us. But I think he went on aswell.
    Apologies Don, I thought I had the line there.
    One lap later and Colin suddenly was less than 4secs ahead, so he must had an off or something. Game on!
    This was like 8 minutes to go, so by then I could even afford some increased boost. Was a great end to me, catching him very hard, and on the last lap on the big straight I overtook him while he was running out of fuel.
    I feel bad for Colin, losing out like this on the very last lap must hurt a lot. But, I take it. Perfect result to me.
    And hey, I was not lapped by JT!! .

Congrats to all winners and finishers. Again, most of our fellows didnt care to race with us...but I hope we can at least mantain those numbers to the end of the season.

Now off to my predicted lag nightmare...Sebring . I hope I can at least race.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 09-01-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast