Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Push back race start?

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

I used to manage meeting rooms for a large org, and it completely varied from person to person. When someone says "we need to move this meeting back an hour" it was really unclear whether they meant forward or backward in time. Taking "move the meeting back" to mean "move the meeting time forward" is not intuitive, using the word "push" does make it more clear tho.

We had to be very specific about it because it was a common miscommunication.

Cedward is offline Colin Moore

West coast here. Either way is fine for me.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Well I'm dead center in the US as I live in the Chicago area so it is fine either way to me as long as we don't lose anyone already racing.

doughboy1013 is offline Greg Hall

Middle of the nation, I am good either way.

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Great feedback guys, please, if you haven't responded please say something before I make the call.

Thanks to everyone who has posted.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

mightyturtle is offline Eric Klister

I'm OK either way.
    Eric Klister
    Crawling Gecko Motorsports

Rhino is offline Ray Nelson

My participation has dropped solely because of outside temps. We have been into the 90s lately and that makes my office too hot to be in. The next race I am out of town. I am fine with whichever option is chosen but it will be none more race missed before I can resume.

Fahn Thomas is offline Junior Member

OK either way.

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

For this week's race and the remainder of the season, we will be using Option A.

Practice: 5:30pm Central Time (US), 10:30pm GMT - 165 minutes
    Qualify: 8:15pm Central Time (US), 1:15am GMT - 15 minute Private Qualifying - Unlimited Laps
    Warmup: 8:30pm Central Time (US), 1:30am GMT - 10 minute drivers briefing
    Race: 8:40pm Central Time (US), 1:40am GMT - Race length 60-90 minutes (Race ending at 9:40-10:10pm Central Time US)

The race briefing post will be updated, as well as additional posts to confirm this during the week.

I guess the good thing is that we're moving to a later time so if anyone misses the announcement, they won't miss the race due to this adjustment.

Thanks everyone for your feedback....now let's get a big field this week!
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123