Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: NARS 2018 Fall Series - What do you think?

Don Fryman is offline Resident Pawn Broker

Exclamation NARS 2018 Fall Series - What do you think?

Copied and edited thread. Refocusing thread discussion to NARS Fall 2018 Series ideas
    Last edited by Doug Atkinson; 06-03-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

Pretty disappointed with the turnout tonight. I thought we had a decent amount of drivers signed up. It always baffles me when people sign up to race, then don't show up.

I was having a pretty lonely race, but still having fun, even when I was getting lapped. I think with 6 or 7 minutes to go, I heard my wife calling me. She fell down and hurt her knee. She has had both knee's replaced, so any type of fall is scary. I had to punch out and get to her. It turns out she's ok. The fall just scared her really.

Looking forward to the next race. Hopefully we get more drivers to show up.
    faspit likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Don and I are scratching our heads wondering what would bring a crowd in for the Fall edition. Those of you who haven't attended, what is keeping you away? Anything we can do to get the field back to the number close to what registered?

As Scott mentioned above turn out was not so great last night
    Doug and I are trying to put together the Fall series but with the dwindling number of participants we are questioning what it's going to take to get the numbers back up.
    Any and all suggestions will be looked at so bring them on!

I like the cars and how they feel. I think others do also. Are you guys thinking of using the same cars? I'm not to picky about the tracks. What ever you guys choose is fine with me. The only thing that maybe keeps people away is the length of the races. I know NARS is mainly an endurance series, but maybe that's at least one reason? I know the MNRL series has 45 minute races and the grids are pretty full. Lot's of fun. I myself took some time off from MNRL only because I wasn't into the two cars they are using right now. I plan on resuming racing with MNRL once they pick the next series and cars.

PS-The results link above isn't working.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Thanks for the comments Scott!
    At this point we were thinking of using the Enduracer mod doing a LMP2/GTE mix.
    Have you tried the Enduracer mod yet? Cars handle well and are pretty balanced from my testing.
    As far as race length if there is a consensus for shorter races we could accommodate that, just need to hear what everyone is thinking'

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    I like the cars and how they feel. I think others do also. Are you guys thinking of using the same cars? I'm not to picky about the tracks. What ever you guys choose is fine with me. The only thing that maybe keeps people away is the length of the races. I know NARS is mainly an endurance series, but maybe that's at least one reason? I know the MNRL series has 45 minute races and the grids are pretty full. Lot's of fun. I myself took some time off from MNRL only because I wasn't into the two cars they are using right now. I plan on resuming racing with MNRL once they pick the next series and cars.

PS-The results link above isn't working.

I haven't tried the Enduracer mod, but I will. I assume it's in the Steam workshop?

You think a multi class series would work? We would need good numbers for that.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Crispy Pepper is offline Chad Bartrum

I'm not sure what the interest would be but something I've been thinking about is a single class series with the LMP3 from Enduracers. I'm not too picky about what I race though other than I'm not a big fan of open wheelers. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a few night races thrown in the mix.
    As for race distance, I prefer the longer races. We had the same race lengths in the previous series and it didn't seem to hurt participation too much. There just weren't as many sign ups for this series as the previous one, so the drop off hurt even more.

Thanks to Don and Doug for keeping this series alive.
    Jon Uyan likes this.

Steve Davis is offline Junior Member

My preference would be for a single class Endurance series consisting of 6 x races held every 2 weeks with a duration of 3 hours each......a true Blancpain Endurance experience.

This format rewards patience,strategy,concentration & endurance along with speed.Instead of it being just another race it takes on more of an "event" status.From my experience this format has always hit the sweet spot & would be something to really sink your teeth into.

To help with numbers you could also maybe look at promoting the series prior on social media in an effort to attract outside drivers.

Just my 2 cents
    Jon Uyan likes this.

I tried the Enduracer mod last night. I love it. I think it would be a good choice. The Corvette was great to drive.

"duration of 3 hours each" Ouch.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast