Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: NARS 2017 Season 2 Pre-Season Race - Mid-Ohio

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Default NARS 2017 Season 2 Pre-Season Race - Mid-Ohio

NARS 2017 Season 2 Endurance Series Pre-Season Test Race
    Thursday, June 22, 2017

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Without Chicane

Link to Track: Virtua_LM Mid-Ohio v2.02 ***Note the version number, as this is the same as the one in the Steam Workshop***l

Season Mod File Required:
    NARS 2017 Season 2 Pre-Season rfmod file

Classes: P2, GTE, GTC

Event Details:

Dry Weather
    Practice: 5:30pm Central Time (US) - 150 min
    Qualify: 8:00pm Central Time (US) - 30 min *** This is a test to split qualification into two 15-minute sessions, Open Qualifying with GTE/GTC on track first, then Prototypes on for last 15 minutes ***
    Warmup: 8:30pm Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 8:35pm Central Time (US) - 60 min

Optional Downloads
    TeamSpeak Chat Client Highly recommended to enhance your CMS Racing experience
    New improved CMS rF2 Spotter Plugin with CMS driver names! Highly recommended to greatly enhance your racing experience!

Driver Briefings:
    Driver briefings are posted prior to each event, and list the Orange Zone details, and Track download links. ALWAYS download the track from the link provided above or in the driver briefing, as this will be the version loaded on the server. Driver briefings are REQUIRED reading, and it is recommended to check them just prior to a race for any last minute announcements.

Password see THIS post

Start type: Manual Rolling (See Below)

Orange Zone Info: (What is an Orange Zone? See rules & regs.)

Orange Zone is through turn 2

NOTES:

All events will be run in 100% dry conditions for the entirety of the race but weather conditions such as sky, humidity, outside temp, track temp, wind speed and direction will change for each race.

1. Race format will be either a 60 or 90 minute race with a 30 split qualifying session.

2. NO MANDATORY PIT STOP.

3. Fuel and Tire usage will be set to 1x.

Warm Up Session for 5 minutes: (UPDATED 01/27/17)
    Once the Warm Up session has started THE TRACK WILL BE CLOSED for the Drivers Meeting and no one is to be on track during the drivers meeting. Once the Admin has concluded with the drivers meeting he will announce that THE TRACK IS NOW OPEN, drivers can then go on track. If someone does go on track while the track is considered Closed they will get a warning message from the Admin to get off the track, if they do not get off the track after this warning in a timely manner their qualifying position will be forfeited and they will be put at the back of their class for the rolling start.

Start Procedure: (UPDATED 01/27/17)
    A:
    For 2017, we will continue to use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the driver that won the pole position for P2 and GTE. For the start of the formation lap the GTE and GTC class will be considered one class. Once the green flag has dropped the P2 class will start their formation lap following the Pole Sitter with a speed given by the race admin during the Drivers Briefing. The pole sitter for the GTE class will wait at least 5 seconds before the GTE and GTC classes start their formation lap with a speed given by the race admin during the Drivers Briefing.

A-1: (UPDATED 01/27/17)
    If a driver other than the Pole sitter for the P2 or GTE/GTC class advances from their qualifying position at the start of the formation lap they will be required to allow all cars in their class (GTE & GTC are considered one class during the formation lap) to advance and they will have to start the race at the rear of their class field. If they do not follow this procedure they will receive a NQ for the next race they attend.

B:
    At each track, an area (typically after the exit out of the last corner) will be designated as the spot to accelerate to racing speed, with passes not allowed until crossing the start/finish line. Anyone found doing so and having an advantage over the driver ahead of them before the start/finish line will be penalized. A per-track Orange Zone will also still be in effect. If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is no qualifying at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will not be allowed to qualify at your next event.

C. Do not weave back and forth, abruptly speed up or slow down, or jam on the brakes in an attempt to warm your tires or brakes during the formation lap.
    This could easily cause an accident with another car anyone found doing so may receive a NQ for the next race they attend.

D.
    Be advised that as the game places you on the grid the car directly in front of you is NOT the car that you qualified behind. It would be the car ahead and in the opposite lane.

E.
    As the leader starts rolling you need to allow the car in the row ahead and in the opposite lane to "fall in" behind the car directly ahead to achieve single file in the proper qualifying order.

F.
    If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is a no qualify/drive thru at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will receive a no qualify/drive thru at your next event.

3. Pit sharing:
    Many of the tracks that we use will have less pit stalls than we have drivers. Therefore it is very likely that you are sharing a pit stall with another driver. The best way to deal with this is for you to always pit as far as you can to the inside of the pit stall. This way if the driver your sharing with pits on the same lap as you, there will be room for them to receive pit service as well. If done correctly this works quite well. If you have never done this I recommend you practice this until you feel comfortable with it. Essentially you are splitting the stall in half. If you pull too far to the side the crew will not service you. If you don't pull far enough to the side the crew will not service the driver you are sharing with.

4. Class/Car Changes:
    A driver's car/class for a season is determined by the car/class in which they race their first race in a CMS series.
    1. You are allowed one change of car, and one change of class per season.

1.2 There will be no changes of car or class allowed after the half way point of the season, as this may have an adverse effect on points battles that have been developing during the season.

1.3 In the event that a class population officially drops below 3 drivers (as indicated by change request in the official signup thread or class participation) the remaining drivers in said class shall be allowed (with pre-approval from the series director) to make a class change after the half way point of the season up to, but not including the final event of the season. Absolutely no class/car changes of any kind are allowed at the final event of any season.

1.4 All car/class changes must be pre-approved via request by a PM to a member of the North American Racing Series staff before joining the race server in a different car/class. (Dave Slee "DaveS", James Knowles "Tannat" or Stuart Barge "SBarge")

1.5 Unauthorized model/class changes will result in disqualification from any and all events that the driver participated in, while driving an unauthorized car.

Race review and penalties:
    The race review team will review the start and OZ after each race, as well as review any incidents for which an incident protest was filed, and issue any penalties as appropriate. The results of these reviews will be posted no later than one week before the next event. All drivers are required to read the race review/penalty thread before the upcoming race so that they will be aware if they are required to serve any penalties. Any driver receiving a penalty will also be notified via PM. NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the driver briefing for an event, the review team typically will only review the start and OZ for each event. Therefore if you experience an incident during an event that happens AFTER the OZ you will need to use our Incident Protest Form to file an official protest if you wish to have it reviewed.

Note:
    Track boundaries:
    Unless otherwise specified in the driver briefing all CMS league wide rules and regs regarding track boundaries are in effect. Both qually and race replays are reviewed and anyone found to be routinely abusing the track limits will receive a NQ (no qualifying for the next race you attend) or even the possibility of being DQ'd from the results if abused constantly throughout the race.

Mid-Ohio is now up and cycling on the server
    Last edited by TimCollier; 06-13-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    davidan and DaveS like this.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

You may have noticed above a couple of changes from last season's rules. There's a few changes that will be made prior to the start of the season and I will elaborate further one them but know that the changes are few, and a couple are not yet set in stone.

The two biggest changes are:

Qualifying will be an open session, but will last 30 minutes instead of 15. The GTE/GTC cars will go on the track first and qualify for 15 minutes, with the race director making an announcement that qualifying is complete and the prototypes can take the track during the last 15 minutes. This is not an absolute change, but one we can test at this pre-season event to see if it's feasible. It also affects the race start time, and that is of big concern because we want to find a time slot that works for everyone. But at the same time we want to enhance the event with open qualifying and separate sessions...so let's see how this first one goes and we'll get everything in place before the season opener.

The other rule change is the removal of the mandatory pit stop. The strategy for the race is now up to you....and race lengths will vary over the course of the season, some 60 minutes, some 75 and others even longer. They will be spelled out clearly in the schedule once it's released, as well in the race briefing posted prior to each race, but the intent here was to open up the tire and fuel strategies at each race.

But for now, the server is up, make sure you download the new rfmod file that's at the top of the post above, and make sure you're using v2.02 of the Mid-Ohio track and start putting in some laps!!

Thanks everyone, and I promise there's more to come soon!! This season's schedule is almost set!!
    jham, corsa, DaveS and 1 others like this.
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Another thing I'd like to point out is that this season we will have varying weather during a race based on the forecast of the track location. For this pre-season event, it's cloudy off and on, with very little temperature variance in the 73-75F range.

There will NOT be rain, at least not now as the rain/tires/wiper situation just hasn't been completed. So until then, you'll see clouds but don't worry, no rain!!
    jham and Flyer23 like this.
    Tim Collier

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Don't know if it REALLY means anything but my skin appeared when I went to Mid Ohio.
    TimCollier likes this.

We're one week away from the pre-season race for Season 2!!!

Anyone have any questions about the new seasons?

I'm planning on jumping on the server tonight and run some practice laps, would love to see a good-sized group on Thursdays between race weeks as the norm, get used to racing with each other and offer help and share setups as well!!
    davidan likes this.
    Tim Collier

Flyer23 is offline John Nelson

some screen shots of practice tonight-i must say when uploaded they lost ALOT of quality.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TimCollier and Tom like this.
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Well, the best laid plans of mice and sim-racers....didn't make it home in time to jump on, hope there was a good turnout tonight.

Those lap times are really closing up!!

Don't forget that you can see Live Timing and Lap Leaderboards by going to the Live Timing button in the green bar at the top of the forums, and then choosing rFactor servers. You can also get there by clicking here: http://cmsracing-com.liveracers.info/Live

Once on that screen, click the server on the left side of the screen and the stats will show.

What? Only one P2 lap time so far?
    Last edited by TimCollier; 06-15-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    Tim Collier

Don Fryman is online now Resident Pawn Broker

Would you guys mind if I came out and ran with you to see if I'm able to race without causing too much trouble?
    With my hearing gone I can't hear the cars around me so want to give it a try before your season starts.
    Figured I'd give the slower car a go since I can't hear what the tires are doing, my FFB OSW is tuned pretty good and I feel whats happening so should be able to get up to speed.

I've been playing American Truck Simulator but that has started to get boring so fired up RF2 and it felt so good to go fast again that I want to give it a go again with hearing or not.
    davidan, jham, corsa and 3 others like this.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fryman View Post
    Would you guys mind if I came out and ran with you to see if I'm able to race without causing too much trouble?
    With my hearing gone I can't hear the cars around me so want to give it a try before your season starts.
    Figured I'd give the slower car a go since I can't hear what the tires are doing, my FFB OSW is tuned pretty good and I feel whats happening so should be able to get up to speed.

I've been playing American Truck Simulator but that has started to get boring so fired up RF2 and it felt so good to go fast again that I want to give it a go again with hearing or not.
    Hey Don! Good to see you!

Of course...come on and run Mid-Ohio, we'll give it a go!
    Tim Collier

davidan is offline David Anderson

By All means Don!!! Let's try it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast