Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: CMS NARS 2017 Season 2 Endurance Series Master Post

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

The server is now looping the next circuit, Watkins Glen (Indycar layout w/boot)

Download the Current Season Mod File: NARS_2017_S2_A

*** You must have the 3 tracks installed that are shown as links below ***

Watkins Glen (Indycar Layout w/boot)
    Canadian Motorsports Park (post-2013)
    Circuit of the Americas

I will have a race briefing posted before the end of the weekend repeating the above information, but wanted to give everyone a chance to test the server and practice on the track with the weather conditions.

Just to be clear, the Season Mod file will be changed after every third race, as instead of doing one for all the tracks I decided to split them up so if a new version of a track was available for something later in the season we wouldn't have to change out tracks, and mod files, etc. I hope this sounds like a good idea...and if not, tell me. I'm in the process of learning this stuff!!

So check out the track, note that this Watkins Glen circuit is not a full v1.0, but it is built and ready for league use.

More info to come soon!
    HeatCAN and Tom like this.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Ran a few laps with no issues at all....other than being slow, of course.
    TimCollier likes this.

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

@Tim, since it's not posted in the master post members who are making their own skins can use any number plate design on the cars or should they be using CMS number plates that is NARS series specific? I think there is a forum post somewhere with templates.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    @Tim, since it's not posted in the master post members who are making their own skins can use any number plate design on the cars or should they be using CMS number plates that is NARS series specific? I think there is a forum post somewhere with templates.
    Keeping this season a little more relaxed, no mandate on special number plates for this season.
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

First post updated to reflect changes:

- Qualifying will now be a 15 minute, unlimited laps private session for each driver. The server will still be closed during qualification, so if you leave during practice you cannot get back in once we go to qualifying and will have to wait until warmup to join.

- The Warmup Session is now 10 minutes to allow for a Briefing by the Race Admin, and still allow everyone time to turn laps, take a break, etc. before the race starts.

- The points system has been adjusted for having a larger field of cars, and more closely reflects the points system used by IMSA (without bonus points).
    Tim Collier

Tim, it is probably a good idea to tell drivers to go out, do one installation lap and come back to pits and stay in their pit box for at least 60 seconds or so after you are done with the briefing in warm up session. This will allow everyone to see if there is any pit-sharing going on. If there is for some, then those drivers can take a note who the other driver is.

in rF1 and rF2 it is possible for 2 cars to make a pit stop in the same pitbox simultaneously but the cars need to be splitting the pitbox (red square) half and half! There is a chance you may not get serviced if you park it a bit too much offset in one of the halves (towards outside). Perhaps a better method is those two drivers announcing their pit entry
    so that if both drivers coming in the same lap one of them then make a decision to wait another lap before coming in.
    Scott Beck and Ed Jones like this.

Itzhak Perlman

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

We're getting ready to put our house up for sale, then moving to Grants Pass Oregon, so I probably won't be doing much racing till we get up there and settled in. I will be back online and racing as soon as I can.
    Marc Cohn likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR
    www.rothmans-racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    We're getting ready to put our house up for sale, then moving to Grants Pass Oregon, so I probably won't be doing much racing till we get up there and settled in. I will be back online and racing as soon as I can.
    Best of luck Scott!!
    Tim Collier

Good luck with the move Scott. Maybe we'll meet up some day if you come visit Portland/Vancouver area.

Itzhak Perlman

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Best of luck with the new digs, Scott. Hope the move goes smoothly and you're back racing soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast