Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: CMS NARS 2017 Endurance Series Master Post

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

Default CMS NARS 2017 Endurance Series Master Post

Welcome to the CMS NARS 2017 Endurance Series

We will be using the Endurance Series Mod for this season. Races will consist of 60 and 90 minutes in length with a 15 minute private qualifying session.

IMPORTANT: Some of the cars in this series allow you to upgrade the mirror location. Once you have selected the car you are going to use for this season click on the "Tuning" option on the bottom left of the car screen area and then you can select your mirror options.

1. You must visit the SLS system data base and create an account (season will be added for you).
    2. You must visit (and read) the CMS League Wide General rules & regs
    3. You must visit and read the CMS NARS Supplimental Rules & Regs
    4. Please also see the WRS "Quick Start Guide" for helpful tips and information, these tips are also useful or racing with any of the CMS series (thank you Steen Nielsen for such a great guide)

Event Details:
    Races are held on alternating Thursdays at 8:25 p.m. Central (US) time. Unless otherwise specified all events are 60 minutes in length.
    Practice: 6:00pm Central Time (US) - 120 min
    Qualify: 8:00pm Central Time (US) - 15 min
    Warmup: 8:15pm Central Time (US) - 10 min
    Race: 8:25pm Central Time (US) - 60 or 90 minute race

Server Settings:
    Driving aids allowed: TC, Auto Clutch
    Damage: 60%

The following files are required to compete in this series, please download and install them in the order they are listed BEFORE attempting to join the server

rFactor2 (PLATFORM)

If you have RF2 on Steam. Use this URL: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=788866138 , log in and "subscribe" and the game should download the tracks as you log onto the server.

If your not on Steam you can download the Endurance Series from here: Endurance website

Optional Download:

TeamSpeak Chat Client Highly recommended to enhance your CMS Racing experience

All events will be run in 100% dry conditions for the entirety of the race but weather conditions such as sky, humidity, outside temp, track temp, wind speed and direction will change for each race.

1. Race format will be either a 60 minute or 90 minute race with a 15 minute private qualifying session (maximum 6 laps)

2. One mandatory pit stop required and all four tires must be changed. If you have to pit to repair damage prior to your mandatory tire change this will serve as your one mandatory pit stop.

3. Fuel and Tire usage will be set to 1x.

Qualifying Will Be Private and Closed:
    A. A fifteen minute, private closed qualifying session, with a maximum of six total laps. Your out lap and in lap count towards your total laps, so the maximum number of timed laps will be four. If you leave the server during qualifying the server will not allow you to rejoin the server until the Qualifying Session is over and the Warmup Session has started.

B. When you have crossed the line at the end of your hot lap please simply hit ESC and do not drive back to the pits.

Warm Up Now Extended to 10 minutes: (UPDATED 01/27/17)
    Once the Warm Up session has started THE TRACK WILL BE CLOSED for the Drivers Meeting and no one is to be on track during the drivers meeting. Once the Admin has concluded with the drivers meeting he will announce that THE TRACK IS NOW OPEN, drivers can then go on track. If someone does go on track while the track is considered Closed they will get a warning message from the Admin to get off the track, if they do not get off the track after this warning in a timely manner their qualifying position will be forfeited and they will be put at the back of their class for the rolling start.

Start Procedure: (UPDATED 01/27/17)
    A:
    For 2017, we will continue to use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the driver that won the pole position for P2 and GTE. For the start of the formation lap the GTE and GTC class will be considered one class. Once the green flag has dropped the P2 class will start their formation lap following the Pole Sitter with a speed of 60mph or 100Kph. The pole sitter for the GTE class will wait at least 5 seconds before the GTE and GTC classes start their formation lap with a speed of approx 60mph or 100kph.

A-1: (UPDATED 01/27/17)
    If a driver other than the Pole sitter for the P2 or GTE/GTC class advances from their qualifying position at the start of the formation lap they will be required to allow all cars in their class (GTE & GTC are considered one class during the formation lap) to advance and they will have to start the race at the rear of their class field. If they do not follow this procedure they will receive a NQ for the next race they attend.

B: At each track, an area (typically after the exit out of the last corner) will be designated as the spot to accelerate to racing speed, with passes not allowed until crossing the start/finish line. Anyone found doing so and having an advantage over the driver ahead of them before the start/finish line will be penalized.
    A per-track Orange Zone will also still be in effect. If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is no qualifying at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will not be allowed to qualify at your next event.

C. Do not weave back and forth, abruptly speed up or slow down, or jam on the brakes in an attempt to warm your tires or brakes during the formation lap. This could easily cause an accident with another car anyone found doing so may receive a NQ for the next race they attend.

D. Be advised that as the game places you on the grid the car directly in front of you is NOT the car that you qualified behind. It would be the car ahead and in the opposite lane.

E. As the leader starts rolling you need to allow the car in the row ahead and in the opposite lane to "fall in" behind the car directly ahead to achieve single file in the proper qualifying order.

F. If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is a no qualify/drive thru at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will receive a no qualify/drive thru at your next event.

3. Pit sharing:
    Many of the tracks that we use will have less pit stalls than we have drivers. Therefore it is very likely that you are sharing a pit stall with another driver. The best way to deal with this is for you to always pit as far as you can to the inside of the pit stall. This way if the driver your sharing with pits on the same lap as you, there will be room for them to receive pit service as well. If done correctly this works quite well. If you have never done this I recommend you practice this until you feel comfortable with it. Essentially you are splitting the stall in half. If you pull too far to the side the crew will not service you. If you don't pull far enough to the side the crew will not service the driver you are sharing with.

4. Class/Car Changes:
    A driver's car/class for a season is determined by the car/class in which they race their first race in a CMS series.

1 You are allowed one change of car, and one change of class per season.

1.2 There will be no changes of car or class allowed after the half way point of the season, as this may have an adverse effect on points battles that have been developing during the season.

1.3 In the event that a class population officially drops below 3 drivers (as indicated by change request in the official signup thread or class participation) the remaining drivers in said class shall be allowed (with pre-approval from the series director) to make a class change after the half way point of the season up to, but not including the final event of the season. Absolutely no class/car changes of any kind are allowed at the final event of any season.

1.4 All car/class changes must be pre-approved via request by a PM to a member of the North American Racing Series staff before joining the race server in a different car/class. (Dave Slee "DaveS", James Knowles "Tannat" or Stuart Barge "SBarge")

1.5 Unauthorized model/class changes will result in disqualification from any and all events that the driver participated in, while driving an unauthorized car.

We will be using the same point system as the WRS is using but no extra points will be awarded for Pole or Finishing the race

Points System for each class:

1st----20
    2nd---15
    3rd---12
    4th---10
    5th---8
    6th---6
    7th---4
    8th---3
    9th---2
    10th--1

You must complete 70% of the race to get points

Password see THIS post

NARS current series MOD file (required)(UPDATED 05/26/17) NARS_2017_S1_d.rfmod

Series Race Schedule: (Only tracks in GREEN are required to be installed along with the rfmod file)

01/26 Pre Season event: Montreal
    02/09 Round 1 - Valencia 60 minute
    02/23 Round 2 - Mexico 60 minute
    03/09 Round 3 - Magny-Cours 90 minute
    04/06 Round 4 - Silverstone 60 minute
    04/20 Round 5 - Matsusaka 90 minute
    05/04 Round 6 - Malaysia 60 minute

05/18 Round 7 - Road America 60 minute
    06/01 Round 8 - Sebring 90 minute (possible Day to Night Race)

Driver Briefings:
    Driver briefings are posted prior to each event, and list the Orange Zone details, and Track download links. ALWAYS download the track from the link provided above or in the driver briefing, as this will be the version loaded on the server. Driver briefings are REQUIRED reading, and it is recommended to check them just prior to a race for any last minute announcements.

Race Reviews and Penalties:
    The race review team will review the start and OZ after each race, as well as review any incidents for which an incident protest was filed, and issue any penalties as appropriate. The results of these reviews will be posted no later than one week before the next event. All drivers are required to read the race review/penalty thread before the upcoming race so that they will be aware if they are required to serve any penalties. Any driver receiving a penalty will also be notified via PM. NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the driver briefing for an event, the review team typically will only review the start and OZ for each event. Therefore if you experience an incident during an event that happens AFTER the OZ you will need to use our Incident Protest Form to file an official protest if you wish to have it reviewed.

Server Name:
    CMS NARS Endurance Series

Link to Password:
    Available in the CMS Master Post.

We hope you are looking forward to the new season!
    Last edited by DaveS; 05-26-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    jham, Flyer23 and Jon Uyan like this.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Default Race start time questing

Hi Guys,

Would the Central and East coast guys mind if the practice/qualify/race times were changed?

Schedule is now:
    Warmup: 8:15pm Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 8:20pm Central Time (US) - 60 or 90 minute race

but would like to change to:

Practice: 7:00pm Central Time (US) - 120 min
    Qualify: 9:00pm Central Time (US) - 15 min
    Warmup: 9:15pm Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:20pm Central Time (US) - 60 or 90 minute race

This would give the West coast guys a bit of time to get home from work, have some dinner and then race
    Dave Slee (DaveS)

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

No problem for me.....gives me time for one more beer.

Flyer23 is offline John Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Hi Guys,

Would the Central and East coast guys mind if the practice/qualify/race times were changed?

Schedule is now:
    Warmup: 8:15pm Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 8:20pm Central Time (US) - 60 or 90 minute race

but would like to change to:

Practice: 7:00pm Central Time (US) - 120 min
    Qualify: 9:00pm Central Time (US) - 15 min
    Warmup: 9:15pm Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:20pm Central Time (US) - 60 or 90 minute race

This would give the West coast guys a bit of time to get home from work, have some dinner and then race
    10:20 race start for me is way too late and I will not be able to race Thursday nights since the end of the races will be close to midnight
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

I never go to bed 'til 3 a.m. anyway so either is good with me.

TinoM is offline Martino Maggiolo

Too late for me....just sayin!

Merry Christmas

Crispy Pepper is offline Chad Bartrum

I would prefer the later start. Gives me more time for dinner and such.

Bill Brehm is offline Retired

Where can I get the NARS mod? When I try to join the server I get a message 'package not available' I'm subscribed to the Endurance Series rF2 build 1.00 on steam.

Hi Bill,

There is a link to the Endurance Series website in the first post of this thread or Just Go Here If you mean the NARS rfmod file you can get the latest one which was just posted for the whole series HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brehm View Post
    Where can I get the NARS mod? When I try to join the server I get a message 'package not available' I'm subscribed to the Endurance Series rF2 build 1.00 on steam.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)

Bill Brehm is offline Retired

I'll put up a link to Vandvoort tomorrow Bill, sorry I totally forgot about it, it's the backup track we'll use if we have issues with one of the other ones.

Thanks Dave, got it. Now it won't install because I'm missing Zandvoort. Only place I can find it I have to register to download. I don't want to do that. Do we have it anywhere.

Going to try and make this season.

EDIT: Found it. I'm good to go.
    Last edited by DaveS; 12-23-2016 at 08:37 PM.
    DaveS likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast