Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 2017S2 - Rd. 8 - Road Atlanta Driver's Briefing - REQUIRED READING

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    When I click on either the mod or track download this bright orange screen pops up with the following: THE SITE AHEAD CONTAINS MALWARE Atttackers currently on cmsracing2.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer....etc.

Anybody else seeing this? I use Malwarebytes (and Windows Defender) but it does not appear to be their notice, it's something I've never seen before. Any ideas?
    We ran into that with some other CMS downloads. Here is David's explanation:
    "It's because the browser thinks the link to the track zip,rar or exe is a virus. I just bypassed the error in chrome and downloaded the track fine. If you know what it is, I wouldn't worry about it. Such as in this case, the link is to a track or replay file contained in the zip, exe, or rar."

After telling my Norton Security to accept it there was no problem for me either.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

It looks to me like there are two race circuit choices after the bridge. Do we turn right at the first or second?
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by jham View Post
    It looks to me like there are two race circuit choices after the bridge. Do we turn right at the first or second?
    The normal T12, not the alternate T12 that takes you to a 90 degree turn. Like this:

jham likes this.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Coutie is offline Member

Just a warning to everyone, there doesn't seem to be corner marshals, so yellows won't come out.

JTninja is offline JT Tami

Fine by me, the yellows were excessive at Laguna.
    RacerSpencer likes this.
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

As most of you have found out by now, the LiveRacers system that's used for live timing and results files has changed and now want a subscription fee to use their product, while still offering a LITE version for free.

The CMS Administration has calculated the cost of subscriptions for multiple servers, and it's quite ridiculous in my opinion, and so for now we will be using the LITE version in the Live Timing link.

The only major difference with the LITE version is that you only get to see the Top 3 best overall driver lap times, instead of seeing all of the drivers who have registered a lap. The best class lap time and top speeds are still there as well as the live timing map and live standings.

Looking at the By Class list, I see some really intense racing coming up in all 3 classes, and with some really tight battles for points positions on the line, and only 2 races to go, I'm betting everyone's putting in a little extra practice the next few weeks!!

Thanks everyone for your continued participation of this series, it's been an absolute blast, and I hope everyone is having a great time.

We have 3 weeks left, and then we can start talking about what's next....but not until the checkered flag falls at Daytona.

Expect a big pre-race write up leading into Road Atlanta....here's what I'm thinking:

Good luck everyone!! Let's have a great finish to the season!!!

-
    Last edited by TimCollier; 10-05-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    Darien Bailey, Tom and Cedward like this.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

lane is offline Junior Member

when i try to join and type the password and click join. i get package not available.

Don Fryman is offline Resident Pawn Broker

Quote Originally Posted by lane View Post
    when i try to join and type the password and click join. i get package not available.
    Lane do you have the Mod file installed? Same version of the track? rFactor is very finicky that way.
    There are links to them in the first post of this thread.
    TimCollier likes this.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

lane is offline Junior Member

yes i do i got the mod file from here and put it in my RF2 folder .maybe i put it in the wrong folder.

which folder should i put the mod file in?just to be sure
    TimCollier likes this.

Don Fryman is offline Resident Pawn Broker

Quote Originally Posted by lane View Post
    yes i do i got the mod file from here and put it in my RF2 folder .maybe i put it in the wrong folder.

which folder should i put the mod file in?just to be sure
    You save the mod file to the "packages" folder within your rF2 folder (Steam/Steamapps/Common/rFactor2/Packages from memory) pretty much the same as car and track mods
    Then using Modmgr you need to install the mod file just like tracks and cars.
    Hope that helps, if not let us know..........
    TimCollier and faspit like this.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast