Default 2 Rd. 8 - Road Atlanta Results, Replay and Discussion

Finish Start Drivers Vehicle Class FinishStatus Laps
    1 1 JT Tami 14ELMS Greaves Motorsport #28 ES_P2 Finished 59
    2 6 Angelo dos Santos 09ALMS Dyson Racing Team #20 ES_P2 Finished 58
    3 3 Colin Moore 08LMS Ray Mallock Limited #25 ES_P2 Finished 58
    4 2 Kyle House 15ELMS Algarve Pro Racing #25 ES_P2 Finished 57
    5 7 Jerry Hamilton 15LM Murphy Prototypes #48 ES_P2 Finished 56
    6 4 Alex Coutie 14LM OAK Racing #33 ES_P2 DNF 54
    7 11 Sebastian Rodriguez 11LM Flying Lizard Motorsport #80 ES_GTE Finished 54
    8 9 Humberto Roca 10ALMS Flying Lizard Motorsport #45 ES_GTE Finished 54
    9 12 Matt Horst 11LM Larbre Competition #70 ES_GTE Finished 54
    10 15 Fahn thomas 13ALMS The Racer's Group #66 ES_GTC Finished 53
    11 13 Jon Uyan 10LMS JMW Motorsport #92 ES_GTE Finished 53
    12 14 Tom Nasella 09ALMS BMW Rahal Letterman Racing #90 ES_GTE Finished 53
    13 16 Don Fryman 12ALMS Competition Motorsports #24 ES_GTC Finished 53
    14 10 Norm Graf 13WEC Larbre Competition #50 ES_GTE Finished 52
    15 18 Eric Elliott 13ALMS Dempsey Del Piero Racing #10 ES_GTC Finished 52
    16 19 Pete Holm 13ALMS Competition Motorsports #99 ES_GTC Finished 50
    17 20 Thomas DiLibero 11ALMS Magnus Racing #77 ES_GTC Finished 50
    18 8 jerry mccomas 13LM Boutsen Ginion Racing #40 ES_P2 Suspension 38
    19 5 Darien Bailey 11LM Team Oreca Matmut #48 ES_P2 DNF 32
    20 17 Lane Ovbey 11ALMS NGT Motorsport #30 ES_GTC DNF 32
    21 23 Spencer Battersby 12ALMS Green Hornet Racing #34 ES_GTC DNF 13
    22 21 Frank Speer 11ALMS The Racer's Group #68 ES_GTC DNF 3

Results

Replay

Season Points Standings

Post your race recap below!! That was an exciting race to watch!!!
    Last edited by TimCollier; 10-12-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

RacerSpencer is offline Junior Member

Not a good race. Was making positions and almost to 3rd when I ran long on top of the hill and the game penalized me for running long saying I cut the track. Served my penalty and was then somehow hit with speeding penalty. Called it a night.

Matt Horst is offline Established Member

Very annoyed at the moment.I had a really bad off in going into turn 2,hit the wall,bouncing around wild ride through the grass all of witch cost me a lot of time but rf2 still decided to award me with a 10 sec stop and go for a cut track.It defiantly cost me a win.I came out ok in the points battle,but I'm still made as hell right now.

HumbertoR is offline Established Member

Wow what a race, really enjoyed it coming from iracing,

I still dont understand the fuel gauge 8.5/28 no idea what that was still added fuel and it was in vein lol, tires were ok and i had a 20 second repair that i didnt know i had plus i didnt know i had to disable lol.

Last the track got dark and oculus didnt like that on top of that it blured and i couldnt see a thing in the end hahaha.

But great race guys really enjoyed and im sorry to the person i hit on the last chicane.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Tom likes this.

lane is offline Junior Member

was a blast untill some stupid update decided to crash me to desktop.

congrats to all!
    See ya at daytona.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

What a race! tipical Multiclass thriller.
    On the P2s side, apart from JT who was on a different race around the universe against imaginary rivals, things were pretty close.
    Everyone had some issues, and in the end consistency was the key for me.

Starting with Qualifying...that was a big dissapointment for me. On my last lap I was 2 tenths up, but I was not supposed to do that lap. So way before the last corner engine started to fail with no fuel. And I improved .022 still. Seeing Alex and Darien beat my time for hundreds of second in the light of that was sad, dropping from 4th to 6th.
    Nothing I didnt faced before, though. Qualy is not my strongest point.
    Race was great. I was calm and composed, feeling confident.
    First few laps all fine, Darien had an off and came back behind me. He recovery well and overtook me going into the chicane. I didnt fought. But exiting the corner suddenly I lost the back end and spun. Completely nonsense. That feeling of being on the ice so common in rF1 was a deja vu. So I went back in 8th with a personal mountain to climb.
    On my way I had some nice battles with Jerry and Alex, dicing through traffic. Big kudos to all classes, to me was a flawless night with all drivers behaving in a predictable and professional way.
    Looks like Darien, Colin and Kyle had big problems, so somehow I was 2nd before the midway point. From them on, was about keep the pace, pushing, and dealing with traffic. All good fun!
    In the final part of the race with all problems and strategies, I was 2nd, less than 10secs ahead of a big battle between Colin, Kyle and Alex. So that shows that even with that, we all went through the race in close and tight pace.

Personal note: BEST DECISION IN YEARS REGARDING SIMRACING - Revert rF2 back to DX9. All silk and smooth, no stutters at all, apart from the join rejoin problem in practice.

2nd!! To me a personal victory, for sure.!

Congrats all winners from all classes, and everyone that endured all race.

Next, Daytona!! I hope to be there.
    Darien Bailey and Tom like this.

house382 is offline Kyle House

Get to fill out the protest form a couple times, yay...

Does the window open 24 hours after race start or race finish?

My apology to Frank. Colorblindness got me and I called out the wrong blue sided car.

1540 4400, saved for later.
    Last edited by house382; 10-12-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Genetic Defect
    | CPU: Ryzen 1500X | GPU: ASUS 1070 STRIX | MOBO: Asrock AB350 Gaming K4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB @ 2666 | OS: Windows 10 | Base: Fanatec CSW V2.5 | Wheel: Fanatec BMW GT2 | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: Dell S2716DG 27" | VR: Oculus Rift |

Coutie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HumbertoR View Post
    Wow what a race, really enjoyed it coming from iracing,

I still dont understand the fuel gauge 8.5/28 no idea what that was still added fuel and it was in vein lol, tires were ok and i had a 20 second repair that i didnt know i had plus i didnt know i had to disable lol.

Last the track got dark and oculus didnt like that on top of that it blured and i couldnt see a thing in the end hahaha.

But great race guys really enjoyed and im sorry to the person i hit on the last chicane.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Gallons/Estimated laps for fuel.

It was nice to be back after a few months away from racing. Not the best race I have ever had, but not the worst!
    Unfortunately I got hit by the double Stop-and-Go, similar to Spencer. I decided to say in the race for some fun multiclass action, and it was pretty fun I must say! About just at the half way point having made my way through about half of the P2 field, my internet crashed. You have no idea how tempted I am to switch providers this very moment, haha. I'll see y'all next time and I look forward to it!

My Livestream @ Twitch.tv --> http://www.twitch.tv/asherao
    My YouTube Channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/asheras

Cedward is offline Colin Moore

What a wild finish!

I had a spin early in the race and lost my front wing. Pitted the car and took fuel but no tires. I come back out on track and just tried to not lose any more time. Iíd already given up on taking more points out of Coutie so I just wanted to have a mistake free remainder of the race.

Fast forward to about 10 minutes to go and things were really heating up. I took enough fuel at my stop that I didnít need to pit again and I was chasing House for 4th. Graf went up the inside of another GTE car in the braking zone for 10a and got turned around. I slowed to avoid them and was far enough back not to get taken out myself. After Coutie stopped, he came out right in front of House and they must have gotten into some traffic or something because I was only behind by 3s. Boost 2 and push push push!

Iím gaining steadily as they dice with eachother. House tried a move up the inside into 10a and there was a collision with a GTE. Coutie was off onto the grass and I scooted on by both of them. House lost the position but not much time and he was chasing me down. Boost 4! Lets go!!! He clearly had enough fuel and was pushing hard. Not something I wanted to see in my mirrors. With 1 min to go he closed up on me down the back straight and I went defensive into 10a and held him off. I was still in trouble until I saw him veer off track behind me. I guess getting involved with some GT traffic.

3rd place, podium finish couldnít be happier! Thanks Tim for setting up another great race and thanks to everyone who turned out for it!

Btw, I installed the track map plugin by fazerbox and it has a tool that tracks your fuel usage per lap. Really helped me this race but I wish Iíd had it when I ran out of fuel on the last lap at VIR I would suggest it to anyone as it has a bunch of useful widgets for temps and position and that stuff.
    Tom likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast