Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Troy Dalton
  • 1 Post By enamelizer

Thread: WRC - M-Sport resign Ogier!

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Default WRC - M-Sport resign Ogier!

I have to admit, I didn't see that coming. I thought for sure Ogier was on his way to Citroen, but he did make it pretty clear at the end of the season that he was choosing between M-Sport or retirement. That makes perfectly good sense, as there have been rumors swirling about a potential return of Sebastien Loeb, on a part-time basis, to the Citroen fold. Ogier left Citroen because he and Loeb could not play well together. The only question for M-Sport now, is whether or not they will field a third car and with whom. Ostberg in the D-Mack car makes the most sense to me, but M-Sport have made no mention of it.

M-Sport Ford: Sebastien Ogier, Elfyn Evans, tba
    Hyundai: Thierry Neuville, Andreas Mikkelsen, Hayden Paddon/Dani Sordo (shared drive)
    Toyota: Ott Tanak, Jari-Matti Latvala, Esapekka Lappi
    Citroen: Kris Meeke, Craig Breen, Stephane Lefebvre, Khalid Al-Qassimi, Sebastien Loeb?
    Hutch likes this.

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

I would love nothing more than to see the Sebs battle. There is talk of Loeb at Monte-Carlo, but I don't see a way for that without him crashing out of the Dakar and going home early.

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Quote Originally Posted by enamelizer View Post
    I would love nothing more than to see the Sebs battle. There is talk of Loeb at Monte-Carlo, but I don't see a way for that without him crashing out of the Dakar and going home early.
    As a novelty, it would be interesting to see them battle one another, but the 2018 season is really poised to be great regardless.

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre