Thread: PRI Show

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Default PRI Show

The Performance Racing Industry Trade Show is held at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
    It is open from December 7-9 2017.
    This show is similar to SEMA but instead of aftermarket street car parts and suppliers PRI is for Race cars. A lot of the same vendors and suppliers are at both but PRI is for all forms of automobile racing. Everything from Drag racing, go carts, Midgets, Sprint cars, NASCAR, IMSA, Dirt to road racing in SCCA, Indy cars to off road trucks to Street Outlaws.
    I am lucky enough to have two companies assist in my time there this year, Kitamura who offers some of the best CNC machining centers available at the best prices and my friends at Flatout Gaskets.
    I am going to several free seminars and meet and greets, my legs do not allow me to just keep walking around anymore. I figure I might as well as learn something while there.
    If anyone wants to go let me know and I can help with your passes. I will be there from Monday thru Saturday.
    My Son works for Kitamura and will be at their booth showing one of their machines.

For more information:
    Performance Racing Industry

faspit is offline Frank Speer

My report on this year's (2017) PRI show. We did really well, pretty sure on 6 machines will be sold over the next few weeks, about $100k each, one for 1/4 mil. as it will have a pallet changer and much bigger machine overall. I went with my Son and the company he works for who sell CNC machining centers.
    As far as the show goes, well lets say I got a chance to talk to almost every TV and YouTube host you could think of. I also found several older retired ARCA and NASCAR Cars and trucks for my son to look at buying for next season as we move from the high speed solo to Wheel-to-wheel road racing. I witnessed Mr. Bill Venturi give a nice young 16 young want-a-be race car driver a lesson in personal finance and he he is going to have to sell himself to reach his dreams.
    I am one of those people that absolutely hate crowds! Almost no exceptions. PRI is the exception for me, the people working the booths to the staff of the convention center to the people walking thru the show, every one is so nice and everyone is willing to lend a helping hand. The real shocker for us is the people of Indianapolis that we met and interacted with were some of the nicest people.

For all my pictures go here while they are up, I'll figure a more permanent location and all later after I feel better.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...fY?usp=sharing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by faspit; 12-10-2017 at 04:08 PM.