Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pace driver wrecked at Detroit (I'll just leave this here)

Phil E is offline CMS Admin-at-large

Looks to me like he came around the corner pretty hot and spotted the slower car ahead. Looks to me like he then either lifted midcorner or pinched the wheel midcorner just as the road falls away. Common issue.

The real question is why Mark had the nannies off on a 700+HP car

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

I watched both races, and what I have to wonder is: was the pace car set up properly for the track? Goodyear and Cheever both pointed out--repeatedly--that Belle Isle is extremely bumpy, and the normal way you address that with a car set up is to soften the springs and run very stiff roll bars, particularly at the front. I was looking for that sort of thing both days, watching the way the cars handled the bumps, and I would opine the pace car seemed "too stiff" in it's spring rates.

That makes me wonder if Indycar sets up the pace car at all, in fact. Anyone know?

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Aaaaand of course, iRacing comes through in true comedic form with this gem, announcing the Belle Isle release today...

https://www.facebook.com/iracing/vid...6447424051085/
    TimCollier likes this.

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

In his defense, he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

In all seriousness. It's really, really, difficult to wreck a Corvette if you know what your doing and really, really, easy if you don't. The ZR1 is a glorified race car and you can't blame the weather, track conditions, setup, etc...The car simply got away from him. A professional driver may or may not have been able to save it, but Reuss is a weekend warrior who unfortunately ran out of talent at the worst possible time. No shame in that.

Funnest thing I heard on the subject came from my wife. I called her into the room to watch the replay and after a few minutes she turns to me and asked, "If you wreck a car like that, does that make your penis smaller?" I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Beahahaha! That's epic from your wife, Troy! I think its true though... Poor guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12