Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Troy Dalton
  • 1 Post By Z_Stig
  • 2 Post By Hoogs
  • 3 Post By Flyer23
  • 2 Post By ZigZag03

Thread: The lost art of minding your own business...hating on Budweiser...and click baiting.

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Default The lost art of minding your own business...hating on Budweiser...and click baiting.

In the category of nobody really cares and why is gossip being pandered as real news, Autoweek.com posted some click bait, that was titled, "Mark Webber thinks...blah, blah, blah..."

First of all, who cares what Mark Webber thinks, not me, but someone out there apparently does, because he was given a platform to suggest that Fernando Alonso is making a mistake by driving in the Daytona 24.

Really!?!

First of all, I like Mark, but at some point in time everyone needs to take a big swig from the cup of shut the hell up. Second of all, how does this tripe even make it to print and third, why don't people just mind their own damn business when it comes to someone else's life decisions.

Last time I checked, Mark Webber was neither a psychic or time traveler. Consequently, Webber has literally know idea whether Alonso's decision will impact him in a positive, negative, or neutral way. At best Marks statement is conjecture, at worst is simply gossip, as his argument is grounded in his own personal beliefs and devoid of any facts.

It's akin to me saying that Budweiser taste like chilled urine, which it does by the way. However, that isn't an argument, it's just personal taste from a self proclaimed beer snob. So, if I say that you shouldn't drink Budweiser because it tastes like rancid bilge water, that is an unsubstantiated opinion, not a fact. Now, if I preface that sentiment with...I don't like Budweiser, because it tastes like the South bound end of a North bound donkey to me, then what I'm suggesting is that if you like drinking that swill, I'm okay with it, but I reserve the right to watch you do so with pretentious disdain.

Right now your probably asking the question, "What is he on about!?!"

I don't know really. I was mildly irked by the Webber article, I was bored, and I really don't like Budweiser. Mostly, I just kinda got off on a roll there and decided to see where this ridiculous train of thought would eventually lead me. As usual, the final destination was crazy town, but what can I say...every now and again I feel like channeling the spirit Peter Griffin.

WhiskeyChaser, Z_Stig and ZigZag03 like this.

Z_Stig is online now Jason Lundy

Webber said Hulkenberg was with a second-rate team when he won Le Mans with Porsche is 2015...

Isn't McLaren a second-rate team right now?? HAHAHA
    Troy Dalton likes this.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

Hoogs is offline Christien Hoogveld

I think Alonso wants to experience a wider variety of motorsports and he's so talented that he can do so with great sucess. I love it. To call it a mistake is an elitist mentality.
    Troy Dalton and Z_Stig like this.

Flyer23 is offline John Nelson

Names like Andretti come to mind with WINNING in so many different types of car. My hat is off to Fernando and TBH I was pulling for him BIG time in the Indy 500. My favorite quote from that race " It does not matter, we will pass them all"
    jham, Troy Dalton and Marc Cohn like this.
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

ZigZag03 is offline Mark Ruggiero

Love the rant, arrow straight to the bullseye. Crazy? absof#$kinglutely, but by golly I defend your right to say it!!
    Troy Dalton and WhiskeyChaser like this.
    Mark Ruggiero
    DiamondDog/Red Dwarf Racing