Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Daytona 24 questions....

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Default Daytona 24 questions....

So, all of a sudden I have a wild idea about flying into Daytona Beach Airport Saturday morning of the 24, and flying out Sunday late afternoon...and found flights that will do just that from here. No hotel, no rental car, just a 2-day infield/grandstand ticket for myself and the clothes I'm wearing, and catch the 24.

Anyone have advice for or against this idea?
    davidan, Troy Dalton and Hoogs like this.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Don Fryman is offline Resident Pawn Broker

Well if you decide to go let me know......looks like Charlie and I are going to head over Sunday morning and catch the end of the race.
    Also Tom Nasella lives in Daytona Beach and would probably be the best shot for info.
    davidan likes this.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

jde
    jde is offline J.D. Ellis

My wife and I are having similar thoughts. Maybe flying down Thursday night. Your idea is compelling too. 👍

Joining the thread because I live about 2hrs from Daytona, and I have yet to see a race there
    As long as the temp is above 0C, I will be stoked to go to the 24 this year.
    ~Bailey

My Livestream @ Twitch.tv --> http://www.twitch.tv/asherao
    My YouTube Channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/asheras

Looking at tickets and options, the 2-day infield grandstand pass, along with a full garage pass and the Sunday morning breakfast, all for just over $100 a person, that's a great deal. Found a flight that lands at 11am Saturday morning AT THE SPEEDWAY, and then a flight home that leaves at 5PM Sunday FROM THE SPEEDWAY.

All in all....it's about $700 for tickets and air-fare, but if I drove, it's 14 hours, at least 2 hotel nights, and 14 hours back....nah, I like this idea of me, my wallet and a smartphone, and that's it.

Going to mull it over this weekend, and if I do go ahead will definitely start a thread of who's going, and meet up! Haven't done that in years (eh David?)....

Plus, this is my prepper for my Le Mans wish trip, where I would do the same thing LOL!
    jham and jde like this.
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    Anyone have advice...?
    Yea, take me with you!
    TimCollier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Dalton View Post
    Yea, take me with you!
    Meet us there! I'll need someone to watch my beer while I take a nap....
    Tim Collier

Phil E is offline CMS Admin-at-large

So tempting, but David and I are planning a probable track day (time trial) that weekend.
    davidan and Marc Cohn like this.

As it turns out, I'm not going to try it this year. My wife reminded me that we have a second grand-daughter due within a few days of that weekend. I guess that's a good reason.

But next year my plan is for my son and I to pull this off....and in the meantime see if we can find a race to attend elsewhere this year. Road Atlanta would be awesome, and closer, but Sebring would be a heck of a racing weekend this year. Hmmmm
    Marc Cohn likes this.
    Tim Collier

davidan is offline David Anderson

I would be up for planning a 2019 trip and meeting up with some folks. Tim, you might also consider COTA for a race, it's pretty awesome.

my personal motorsports blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast