Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Introducing Champion Trucking Please join our Team/Fleet - Game Thread

davidan is offline David Anderson

Thumbs up Introducing Champion Trucking Please join our Team/Fleet - Game Thread

I am pleased to announce and add a new fun thing for CMS members. If you own, play or desire to get involved with American Truck Simulator on Steam, this is for you. I have created a company for us here at CMS on "Virtual Trucking Manager" the company is named Champion Trucking.

Things are very early and I will be fleshing out our goals, rules, etc.-- but we are open for business and members can apply to join our team. Some important things will need to be done such as establish our management structure, etc. -- but for now we can start driving.

It's real simple, here is how it works

1. Own American Truck Simulator on Steam
    2. Visit Virtual Trucking Manager and download and install their plugin
    3. Join our company (I will approve)

4. Start driving, just make sure when you drive within ATS that you have the VTM Live app running in the background, it's that easy.

We will have some events, contests, and leaderboards where we measure things like who gets the best fuel consumption, who logs the most miles, makes the most profit, etc.

We have one and only one goal -- HAVE FUN!

You can truck day or night, just join up!!!

Also for any of you more experienced than me that would be interested, I would like to come up with some Champion Trucking liveries, paint jobs for the trucks!!!

Also, why did I choose ATS instead of the Euro Version? Well, CMS is based in the USA, that's why. However, I know we have plenty of Euro Drivers and I will be happy and excited to start a chapter for Euro Drivers if there is interest, just let me know ... ...

We will use this thread primarily for all aspects of the company!

Have Fun
    Last edited by davidan; 05-11-2017 at 10:28 PM.

I am updating this post with some basic items and guidelines for us to follow as we begin making trips and deliveries.

1. Make sure you always have the VTM Live App running when you truck and that it's logged in or you won't get credit for trips.
    2. When you complete a trip the app will automatically upload it for approval to our Virtual Trucking Manager site for CMS.
    3. Please make sure that after you truck that you login to the Virtual Trucking Manager portal where you will have some additional things to account for

A) Garage reports -- this is where you log money spent on repairs to your truck and fuel. In Dollar Amounts please
    B) Incidents -- this is where you log any incidents you receive. such as speeding, running a red light, etc. -- and any associated damage and comments or explanation.

This is a work in progress, but currently I have the system setup to pay $100 per delivery plus an additional $.0.55 cents a mile. We may be tweaking these numbers as we go to maximize driver payout and profitibility for the company. Any changes will be communicated. I also hope to put in place some sort of incentive and bonus , promotion structure where drivers can progress their careers.

Last but not least if you would please post a link to your World of Trucks Profile and I will make a master link of these. By the way these are optional, but recommended. World of Trucks is a different site, but everytime you take and successfully complete an "External Job" from within ATS you get credit for it on World of Trucks.

Here is a sample profile

David Anderson - World of Trucks

We have also created a channel in TeamSpeak Called Champion Trucking Company! We will use that for chit chat as well as organized trucking events ...
    Last edited by davidan; 05-12-2017 at 03:05 PM.

reserved by admin ~~

Also as you check in please post some information about yourself, your trucks, pictures, etc! If you have a world of trucks profile as example share it with us ... let's get to know each other as truckers.

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

Definitely in for this. Will get it set up tomorrow and pull some loads.

What sort of functionality does World of Trucks provide? I saw there are jobs you can take from that system, but the site isn't very informative so I never signed up with it.
    davidan likes this.

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

I'm in. It reminds me of the time when I was in a virtual airline.

I know what I'm doing tonight!
    davidan and jham like this.

lopsided is online now Bailey Lagstrum

Ooooo, I know two nameless ole farts that'll be all over this.

If Don and Val don't sign up soon Papa Bear let me know! hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    davidan, jham and Val Hoggard like this.

We will have fun with this, I am thinking from time to time of organizing some events -- like Trucker Night, where we all get on Teamspeak and talk as we make loads, etc! This game is very theraputic. That will be great to have Don and Val in as well and you better sign up too Bailey! Once you all sign-up and apply to CMS at ATS Virtual Trucking Manager let me know and I will login and approve you ... here is the link again ... Virtual Trucking Manager - Online VTC management
    Troy Dalton likes this.

One other thing, the app collects most all of the information you need automatically but there are a couple of things I would like everyone to keep track of as you truck. So keep a notebook and pencil to keep track of the following and support your reports on the portal.

1. Any incidents, traffic tickets, fines, accidents, damage
    2. Money you spend on fuel. So when you fuel up be sure to capture your bill, receipt so that you can submit it so we can accurately track our expenses.
    Troy Dalton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by enamelizer View Post
    Definitely in for this. Will get it set up tomorrow and pull some loads.

What sort of functionality does World of Trucks provide? I saw there are jobs you can take from that system, but the site isn't very informative so I never signed up with it.

Aaron, World of Trucks is similar to what we are going to be doing with Virtual Trucking Manager, but it's more stand-alone and doesn't really track being part of a team/company ... within ATS you take what's called an external job from world of trucks, and then the stats and such for it show up on your profile.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast