Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: What are you playing?

Phil E is online now CMS Admin-at-large

Default What are you playing?

I have to say for non racing games I live on Steam. The ease of the distribution and the fantastic sale prices keep me coming back. Plus when I move PCs, reloading my steam library was snap.

What I'm playing now

Shadowrun Returns: I loved this tabletop RPG back in the 90s, and the new pc version is great. Better than the included mod is the editor which has allowed players to create some excellent adventures. Shadowrun is like cyberpunk meets magic/fantasy.

Total War: I have Medieval and Empire, and love them both. Been playing more Medieval because my son loves it. We play both the normal, historical version, but also the Middle Earth "Third Age" mod.

Ace Patrol: Mentioned in another thread, a turn-based flight sim.

Payday: The only shooter I'm currently playing, its a cool send up of action caper movies. Best played with friends. Makes me wish for a more tactical shooter like Raven Shield, but most shooters theses days are so very ADD.

Hoogs is offline Christien Hoogveld

Love Steam,

I play Super Meat Boy. Possibly the hardest game I will ever play. Beautifully put together little Indie game that blew the socks off the gaming industry.

SuperMeatBoy_cover.jpg

I have way too many steam games along with many race sims.

I enjoy Valve's Counter Strike games and play GO here and there. Pay Day is a good one too!

HG Hansen is offline Hans Gunnar Hansen

I have over 100 games in my steam collection, but I have many games there that I haven't even tried once.

Mostly I play Football Manager.

Sometimes Civilization.
    Troy Dalton likes this.

My son and I are dabbling in Civ V, and plan to play multiplayer soon.

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Football Manager 2014

Football-Manager-2014-008.jpg

This game is incredibly in-depth and is far better than I ever imagined it would be. As a first time FM player, it took me a month or so of play to understand everything and get comfortable with the day-to-day operations of running a football team, but it's really fun, and very addicting.

I'm currently in my first year as manager of the Dorchester Magpies in the Skrill South Division. We had a strong start to the season, but injuries, youth, and a lack of game fitness has seen our form decline over the last ten games. However, we're still in the top half of the league table and if all goes well, we have a chance to play our way into a playoff position...lol...like anyone besides me cares.
    davidan, HG Hansen and Hoogs like this.

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

Right now I am playing thru a classic, Knights of the Old Republic II.

I picked up a bunch of games during this steam sale, so I am going to be busy for awhile.

Aaron

Loved KOTOR and KOTOR2. I miss those old school Bioware titles.

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

I agree, they are great, I have played thru KOTOR several times, but never KOTOR II. It was $5 on sale so I had to pick it up.

lemming77 is offline April Dillon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    Payday: The only shooter I'm currently playing, its a cool send up of action caper movies. Best played with friends. Makes me wish for a more tactical shooter like Raven Shield, but most shooters theses days are so very ADD.
    Agreed on this one. I've played a lot of Payday. I'm up to Rep. level 175 in Payday 1, and 82 in Payday 2. But I do really wish the enemies valued their lives more. They have a nasty habit of charging through no man's land in the hope that just enough will make it through to kill you, which is a ridiculous strategy, and annoying when it works. "Yeah, we've ruined Christmas for about 200 families of the force, but we got those robbers!".

A scene from Blackadder Goes Forth comes to mind, where General Melchett explains he "always suspected there might be a bit too much of the battle-dodging, nappy-wearing I'd-rather-have-a-cup-of-tea-than-charge-stark-naked-at-Jerry" about his infantry. But certainly not the force in Payday. :P

I'll probably go back to playing Dishonored soon though. Thief 2 is a game I adore, and Dishonored captures a lot of the same charm. So I'm playing that to help keep me occupied during the wait for the Thief reboot.
    Phil E likes this.
    - April Dillon, #314

Nknow is offline Tõnu Silm

Aaron, did the Steam version of KOTOR 2 include hq music and movies? I know the retail version that I've got didn't have those (because the game wasn't quite finished when they released it) and I had to download them.

Don't know if playing is the right word for it but I'm "playing" X-Plane a lot. During the holidays I've got complete pack of B727 (includes B721, B722 and B722f) at a discount and I'm trying to master them. I used to play Kerbal Space Program very often (got over 100 hours logged) but I've taken a break from it. At the moment though I'm playing GTA V and Unreal Tournament 3.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast