NARS 2018 Spring Test Race
    Sebring
    Thursday, March 22nd, 2018

Mod File: NARS 2018 Spring R2 - Sebring

Track Download: Sebring

Classes: GT3, TC

Event Details:
    Practice: 5:30pm Central Daylight Time (US), 10:30pm GMT - 165 minutes
    Qualify: 8:15pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:15am GMT - 15 minute Private Qualifying - Unlimited Laps
    Warmup: 8:30pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:30am GMT - 10 minute drivers briefing
    Race: 8:40pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:40am GMT - 90 minutes

Local Race Start Time: 12:00pm
    Start type: Manual Rolling (see below)
    Time Acceleration: 1X

Driver Briefings:
    For the server password see THIS post.

Orange Zone Info: (What is an Orange Zone? See rules & regs.)

Orange Zone is through the exit of Turn 4.

NOTES:
    1. All events will be run in 100% dry conditions for the entirety of the race but weather conditions such as sky, humidity, outside temp, track temp, wind speed and direction will change for each race.

2. NO MANDATORY PIT STOP.

3. Fuel and Tire usage will be set to 1x.

Warm Up Session:
    Once the Warm Up session has started THE TRACK WILL BE CLOSED for the Drivers Meeting and no one is allowed to be on track during the drivers meeting. If someone does go on track while the track is considered Closed they will get a warning message from the Admin to get off the track, if they do not get off the track after this warning in a timely manner their qualifying position will be forfeited and they will be put at the back of their class for the rolling start.

Start Procedure:
    A: For this series, we will continue to use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the driver that won the pole position for GT3 and TC. Once the race has started GT3 class will start their formation lap following the Pole Sitter at a pace speed of 60mph (100kph). The pole sitter for the TC class will wait at least 5 seconds before the TC class starts their formation lap at a speed of 60mph (100kph).

A.1: If a driver other than the Pole sitter for the GT3 or TC classes advances past other vehicles during the formation lap, they are required to allow all cars in their class pass by them and start the race at the rear of their class. If they do not follow this procedure they will receive a NQ for the next race they attend.

B: Be advised that as the game places you on the grid the car directly in front of you is NOT the car that you qualified behind. It would be the car ahead and in the opposite lane. As the leader starts rolling you need to allow the car in the row ahead and in the opposite lane to "fall in" behind the car directly ahead to achieve single file in the proper qualifying order.

C: The race starting point will be as shown below:

D: Do not weave back and forth, abruptly speed up or slow down, or jam on the brakes in an attempt to warm your tires or brakes during the formation lap.[/B] This could easily cause an accident with another car anyone found doing so may receive a NQ for the next race they attend.

E: If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is a no qualify at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will receive a no qualify/drive thru at your next event.

Pit sharing:
    Be aware that some of the tracks that we use will have less pit stalls than we have drivers. Therefore it is very likely that you are sharing a pit stall with another driver. The best way to deal with this is for you to always pit as far as you can to the inside of the pit stall. This way if the driver your sharing with pits on the same lap as you, there will be room for them to receive pit service as well. If done correctly this works quite well. If you have never done this I recommend you practice this until you feel comfortable with it. Essentially you are splitting the stall in half. If you pull too far to the side the crew will not service you. If you don't pull far enough to the side the crew will not service the driver you are sharing with.

Track boundaries:
    We will be keeping to the lines that have were allowed this weekend. This includes running out of bounds on the entrance to turn 16 and on the entrance/exit of turn 17. Everywhere else will be policed per the CMS rule book.

Optional Downloads:
    TeamSpeak Chat Client Highly recommended to enhance your CMS Racing experience
    New improved CMS rF2 Spotter Plugin with CMS driver names! Highly recommended to greatly enhance your racing experience!
    Relative Time Plug-in to see all cars on track relative to your position, current position in class, and a color indicator to display driver's car class ** Note: This plug-in does not work in DX11 **

Sebring is now up on the server!
    Last edited by Doug Atkinson; 05-04-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

60 minute or 90 minute race?
    davidan likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    60 minute or 90 minute race?
    90 minutes for this one.....about 8 tire changes for me.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

If I'm not mistaken, this track is still in DX9?

That's unfortunate. Haven't tested yet, but prior experience with my system and rF2 says I'm going to have performance issues.

I'll give it a test...
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 03-13-2018 at 04:23 PM.

house382 is offline Kyle House

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this track is still in DX9?

That's unfortunate. Haven't tested yet, but prior experience with my system and rF2 says I'm going to have performance issues.

I'll give it a test, possibly...
    But I might be missing this one for those reasons. (Unless something has changed and everything seems to run ok for others)
    If you guys can give it a go with 25-30 AI and let me know how it goes. I only have my machine to test on and I have not had an issue with it. Let me know what you get and we can go from there. If I need to find a replacement I'd much rather know now than next week.
    | CPU: Ryzen 1500X | GPU: ASUS 1070 STRIX | MOBO: Asrock AB350 Gaming K4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB @ 2666 | OS: Windows 10 | Base: Fanatec CSW V2.5 | Wheel: Fanatec BMW GT2 | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: Dell S2716DG 27" | VR: Oculus Rift |

Cedward is offline Colin Moore

No Problems for me with 25 AI. Had to drop settings a bit to get above 60 FPS average. I got 80-90 when lapping without a bunch of cars around and about 50 at race start.

Q6600 @3.5 GHz
    GTX770
    8GB Ram
    1080p resolution

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

After some testing, seems to be running smooth for me as well.

...rF2 seems to be running a lot more smoothly lately as well.

(First posted edited slightly)

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

Hey Kyle, I need to know the track boundary rule for this race at T17 (Sunset Bend - last corner)!. Usually the outside line is not enforced as most cars go wide on exit like in RL races. At the exit when cars go wide all the way against the wall they maybe going over the line with all 4 wheels because there is enough of a gap between the white line and the wall there. The typical racing line puts most drivers over the line and in the past most admins were ok with this. I would like to know what you think and how you want rules applied.

It is up to admin if certain sections of the track can be exempt of the boundary rule because it makes more sense and/or sanctioned that way in RL.
    Flyer23 likes this.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Penalties have been added and the boundary exceptions have been noted in the original post.
    | CPU: Ryzen 1500X | GPU: ASUS 1070 STRIX | MOBO: Asrock AB350 Gaming K4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB @ 2666 | OS: Windows 10 | Base: Fanatec CSW V2.5 | Wheel: Fanatec BMW GT2 | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: Dell S2716DG 27" | VR: Oculus Rift |

It is Race Night!!!

Due to some family members coming in from out of town, and my wife and I doing dinner with them, you guys are going to get some bonus practice tonight. Server will be reset when I get home at 4:30 CDT (5:30 EDT, 9:30 GMT) and will be set for roughly an extra hour of practice. Qualifying and Race start times will NOT be affected. If you get there when you normally get there you will not notice any difference to proceedings. Short of an accedent on the roads, I will be back with plenty of time before qualifying and warmup to field any questions you guys may have.

Lets see if we can get our event to mimic the awesome 12 hours that happen over the weekend. If you haven't seen it, it's on the IMSA youtube page now. Go see it at some point. Really is a must watch race if you are a sports car fan.

I will note when the server has been reset.
    Last edited by house382; 03-22-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    TimCollier, Tom and Jason Whited like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast