Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: NARS 2018 Autumn - Fun Race #3 - March 761 & Brabham BT44B @ Longford

Don Fryman is offline Resident Pawn Broker

Default NARS 2018 Autumn - Fun Race #3 - March 761 & Brabham BT44B @ Longford

NARS 2018 Autumn Fun Race #3
    March 761 & Brabham BT44B @ Longford
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2018

Everyone seemed to enjoy these and a newly updated track should make for another fun race

Track Download: Longford

Cars:
    March
    Brabham

While this is a Fun race and NOT a free-for-all we expect you to abide by all the standard CMS rules and regulations

Event Details:
    Practice: 5:30pm Central Daylight Time (US), 10:30pm GMT - 165 minutes
    Qualify: 8:15pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:15am GMT - 10 minute Private Qualifying - Unlimited Laps
    Warmup: 8:25pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:25am GMT - 5 minute drivers briefing
    Race: 8:30pm Central Daylight Time (US), 1:30am GMT - 45 minutes

Local Race Start Time: 3:00pm
    Start type: Manual Rolling (see below)
    Time Acceleration: 1X

Driver Briefings:
    For the server password see THIS post.

Orange Zone Info: (What is an Orange Zone? See rules & regs.)

Orange Zone is through the exit Turn 4.

NOTES:
    1. This events will be run in 100% dry conditions for the entirety of the race.

2. NO MANDATORY PIT STOP.

3. Fuel and Tire usage will be set to 1x.

Start Procedure:
    A: For this race, we will continue to use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the driver that won the pole position.

A.1: If a driver other than the Pole sitter advances past other vehicles during the formation lap, they are required to allow all cars in their class pass by them and start the race at the rear of their class.

B: Be advised that as the game places you on the grid the car directly in front of you is NOT the car that you qualified behind. It would be the car ahead and in the opposite lane. As the leader starts rolling you need to allow the car in the row ahead and in the opposite lane to "fall in" behind the car directly ahead to achieve single file in the proper qualifying order.

C: The race starting point will be:
    The race Start shall be the exit of the last turn onto the Start/Finish line straight.

D: Do not weave back and forth, abruptly speed up or slow down, or jam on the brakes in an attempt to warm your tires or brakes during the formation lap. This could easily cause an accident with another car anyone found doing so may receive a NQ for the next race they attend.

E: If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end.

Pit sharing:
    Be aware that some of the tracks that we use will have less pit stalls than we have drivers. Therefore it is very likely that you are sharing a pit stall with another driver. The best way to deal with this is for you to always pit as far as you can to the inside of the pit stall. This way if the driver your sharing with pits on the same lap as you, there will be room for them to receive pit service as well. If done correctly this works quite well. If you have never done this I recommend you practice this until you feel comfortable with it. Essentially you are splitting the stall in half. If you pull too far to the side the crew will not service you. If you don't pull far enough to the side the crew will not service the driver you are sharing with.

Track boundaries:
    Please stay on the pavement. It's really in all of our interests if you do here.

Optional Downloads:
    TeamSpeak Chat Client Highly recommended to enhance your CMS Racing experience

Longford is now up on the server!
    Last edited by Don Fryman; 08-16-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    davidan and Jason Whited like this.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

"Track boundaries:
    Please stay within the white lines. It's really in all of our interests if you do here."
    -----
    And how, exactly do I DO that when the only white lines I see are those dashed center-lines? LOL!

Naw...just kiddin'. Keep it ON the pavement is the answer, sure-'nuf!

In this era, and in Tasmania the Aussies pretty much assumed the edge of the pavement (LOVE it) was enough for any real driver. If you climb up that left bank exiting the slow right-hander just after the long bridge (because your rear tires are wider) you will gain additional appreciation for what the edge of the track (even WITHOUT a white line) means.

Love it! Longford in almost ANY car is huge...real world...

...REAL ROAD...

...fun!
    ----
    Check out the online "F3 Fanatics" server too, if inclined to race the same track in slower cars (Eve, Spark F3's).
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 08-15-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    AngeloRacer and faspit like this.

Don Fryman is offline Resident Pawn Broker

LOL......... I fixed it Chris!

Guess I need to be a little more familiar with what I am writing about
    Christopher Snow likes this.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    In this era, and in Tasmania the Aussies pretty much assumed the edge of the pavement (LOVE it) was enough for any real driver. If you climb up that left bank exiting the slow right-hander just after the long bridge (because your rear tires are wider) you will gain additional appreciation for what the edge of the track (even WITHOUT a white line) means.
    "Climb"?

By climb you mean, dig directly into the embankment and rip off nose cone, yes?

My car won't "climb" that hill...not in one piece anyways.
    Perhaps I should raise the ride height.......oh, wait, I can't raise the ride height...lol lol

..on that note, why exactly can't I raise the ride height? Would seem to me the ride height was adjustable, could be wrong though and I'm not sure on that. (Not that a ride height adjustment would help me there...reckon I'd need about 2 FEET before this thing wouldn't dig into that embankment.
    Christopher Snow and faspit like this.

Also of note, overtaking is basically a suicide mission here, quali will definitely be important.

Track looks wide enough, until another car is ahead.
    Won't be a moment to take a breath or blink during this one!

Flyer23 is offline John Nelson

Never drove this track so we shall see. Looks simple enough, but I'm sure it will be VERY hard to go fast
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Christopher Snow and Flyer23 like this.

Shamelessly plugging this race thread. Only half a dozen have logged laps. Hopefully more than that turn up!

Will be on the server in a few hours, manhandling this beast, hope to see some there doing the same

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Shamelessly plugging this race thread. Only half a dozen have logged laps. Hopefully more than that turn up!

Will be on the server in a few hours, manhandling this beast, hope to see some there doing the same
    I will try to get on tonight too, Jason. As you and I already know this is SERIOUS fun, even compared to some other series we run here. Of course after John gets on and runs 1:58 on his second lap, I might not feel quite so chuffed about it....

But it's certainly a thriller, even at my skill level.

I have already cleared some of the decks and workload, so I do hope to be there...

...any I left my PC in "race mode" for just this purpose after Cadwell too. So I'm already rigged up to go (which is rare, of late). See you there, I hope.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Looks like we´re going for a 3th consecutive event with those cars. For me a bit too much, and Im giving the next one a miss.

But if NARS someday consider give historic cars a chance for a proper championship, I would be pretty much in, surely.
    Above my quote after last fun race. Doing a deserved mea culpa.
    Looks like I will contradict myself a hell lot.
    Did a few laps this night. Combo is of course, great. But more important, I managed to do a setup that is stable enough for me to try to finish the contest, which will be the greatest challenge.
    Last time I had a race on this track, was here at CMS, with the Brabhams BT20 (2015 or 16, dont remember precisely). Brutal stuff.

Not 100% sure I will be there, but there is a good chance.
    Also because as I driver, I feel is my duty try to incentive any iniciative of doing races, events, for us to enjoy our hobby. Specially with historic cars, my favourite part of Simracing.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 08-23-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast