Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: CMS NARS 2018 Spring Endurance Series Master Post

house382 is offline Kyle House

Default CMS NARS 2018 Spring Endurance Series Master Post

Welcome to the CMS NARS 2018 Spring Endurance Series

Introduction

We will be using a combination of Apex's GT3 and Next Gen Mod Team’s BTCC NGTC for the 10 race series on alternating Thursdays.

The Apex GT3 mod and the Next Gen Mod Team's BTCC NGTC mod can be subscribed to in the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop. You must be logged-in to subscribe.

GT drivers - To be able to change your gearing in the game you need to unlock the gearbox in the Apex mod, once you've selected your car, go into Tuning menu and unlock the gearbox and steering options.

TC drivers - There are several different tire options available for the TC cars in the tuning menu. The description of each option will tell you which of the layouts you have selected.

Event Driver Briefings

Driver briefings are posted for each event. They will list the event details including the Orange Zone details and track download links.

Always wise to check the specific Event Driver Briefing periodically including just before a race for any last minute announcements.

Series Schedule

Always download the track from the links provided below. These will be the versions loaded on the server.

02/22/2018 – Sao Paulo (60 min. Pre-Season Race)

03/08/2018 – Malaysia (60 min. Full Layout)

03/22/2018 – Sebring (90 min.)

04/05/2018 – Silverstone (75 min. GP Layout)

04/19/2018 – Phillip Island (60 min.)

05/03/2018 – Spa-Fancorchamps (90 min. V1.1)

05/17/2018 – Nurburgring (60 min. GP Layout)

05/31/2018 – Estoril (60 min. GP Layout)

06/14/2018 – Paul Ricard (75 min. GTC Layout)

06/28/2018 – Watkins Glen (90 min. Chicane Layout)

Event Details

Schedule

Practice: 5:30pm Central Time (US), 10:30pm GMT - 165 minutes

Qualify: 8:15pm Central Time (US), 1:15am GMT - 15 minute Private Qualifying - Unlimited Laps

Warmup: 8:30pm Central Time (US), 1:30am GMT - 10 minute drivers briefing

Race: 8:40pm Central Time (US), 1:40am GMT - Race length 60-90 minutes (Race ending at 9:40-10:10pm Central Time US)

Server Settings

Server Name: "CMS NARS Endurance Series"

Server Password: Available here.

Damage Multiplier: 60%

Driving Aids Available:

• Traction Control (all levels)
    • Anti-Lock Brakes (low level)
    • Auto Clutch

Race Comms

TeamSpeak chat client highly recommended but not mandatory.
    Teamspeak server connection information

Event Structure

1a: Race Format

• Race format will be time-based
    • A minimum of 60 minutes and maximum of 90-minute race length as indicated on the race schedule / race briefing.
    • Fuel and Tire usage will be set to 1x.

1b: Race Conditions

• All events will be run in 100% dry conditions for the entirety of the race...
    • ...but weather conditions such as sky, humidity, outside temp, track temp, wind speed and direction will change for each race.

1c: Qualifying

• Qualifying will be private qualifying sessions for all cars
    • The qualifying session will be 15 minutes long.
    • Unlimited laps during this session.

1d: Warmup

• The warmup session is 5 minutes.
    • Once the Warm Up session has started THE TRACK WILL BE CLOSED for the Mandatory Drivers Meeting.
    • No one is to be on track during the drivers meeting.
    • Once the Admin has concluded with the drivers meeting he will announce, “THE TRACK IS NOW OPEN.”
    • At this point, drivers can go on the track, trial last minute setup changes and check to see if they are sharing a pit space with someone.
    • If someone does enter the track before the track has been opened, they will get a warning message from the Admin to get off the track.
    • If they do not get off the track after this warning in a timely manner their qualifying position will be forfeited and they will be put at the back of their class for the rolling start.

Starting Procedure

2a: We will use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the driver that won the pole positions for each class respectively. Once the green flag has dropped the GT3 class will start their formation lap following the Pole Sitter with a speed of 60mph or 100Kph. The pole sitter for the TC class will wait at least 5 seconds before they start their formation lap with a speed of approx 60mph or 100kph.

2b: If a driver does not follow the above procedure and advances from their qualifying position during the formation lap they will be required to allow all cars in their class to pass them, and start the race at the rear of their class. If they do not follow this procedure they will receive an NQ for the next race they attend.

2c: At each track, an area will be designated as the location to begin to accelerate to racing speed. Anyone found making a pass before this point will be penalized. Anyone found laying back (greater than 2 car lengths) to get a run will be issued a warning. Subsequent offenses will be penalized. If you are properly packed up to the car in front of you, you can go when they go. If you are not, (greater than 2 car lengths) then you must maintain formation lap speed until you yourself reach the designated location.

2d: If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is no qualifying for your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will not be allowed to qualify for your next event.

2e: Do not weave back and forth, abruptly speed up or slow down, or jam on the brakes in an attempt to warm your tires or brakes during the formation lap. This could easily cause an accident. Doing so may receive an NQ for the next race they attend.

2f: Be advised that as the game places you on the grid the car directly in front of you is NOT the car that you qualified behind. It would be the car ahead and in the opposite lane.

2g: As the leader starts rolling you need to allow the car in the row ahead and in the opposite lane to "fall in" behind the car directly ahead to achieve single file in the proper qualifying order.

Pitting and Pit Sharing

3: Some of the tracks we use will have fewer pit stalls than we have drivers. Therefore it is very likely that you are sharing a pit stall with another driver. The best way to deal with this is for you to always pit as far as you can to the inside of the pit stall. This way if the driver your sharing with pits on the same lap as you, there will be room for them to receive pit service, as well as they, pull in next to you. If done correctly this works quite well. If you have never done this I recommend you practice this until you feel comfortable with it. Essentially you are splitting the stall in half. If you pull too far to the side the crew will not service your car. If you don't pull far enough to the side the crew will not service the driver you are sharing with.

Class and Car Changes

4a: Effective with the Nurburgring race, drivers can race any car they want without penalty.

4b: Drivers can switch cars at each remaining event in the series.

The following is deprecated for the remainder of the series:

4a: A driver's car/class for a season is determined by the car/class in which they race their first race in a CMS series.

You are allowed one change of car and one change of class per season.

There will be no changes of car or class allowed after the halfway point of the season, as this may have an adverse effect on points battles that have been developing during the season.

In the event that a class population officially drops below 3 drivers (as indicated by change request in the official signup thread or class participation) the remaining drivers in said class shall be allowed (with pre-approval from the series director) to make a class change after the race halfway point of the season up to, but not including the final event of the season. Absolutely no class/car changes of any kind are allowed at the final event of any season.

All car/class changes must be pre-approved via request by a PM to a member of the North American Racing Series staff before joining the race server in a different car/class. (Kyle House "house382", Dave Slee "DaveS", James Knowles "Tannat" or Stuart Barge "SBarge")

Unauthorized model/class changes will result in disqualification from any and all events that the driver participated in while driving an unauthorized car.

Championship Points System for Each Class

5a: Championship Points will be posted here after each race

5b: Points are only awarded based on your finishing position.

5c: You must complete 50% of your class winner's lap total to be classified as a finisher.

5d: Points awarded as follows: 1st - 25; 2nd - 22; 3rd - 20; 4th - 18; 5th - 16; 6th - 15; 7th - 14; 8th - 13; 9th - 12; 10th - 11; 11th - 10; 12th - 9; 13th - 8; 14th - 7; 15th - 6; 16th - 5; 17th - 4; 18th - 3; 19th - 2; 20th - 1

Race Reviews and Penalties

6a: The race review team will review the start and Orange Zone (OZ) after each race.

6b: The race review team will review any incidents for which an incident protest was filed, and issue any penalties as appropriate.

6c: The results of these reviews will be posted no later than one week before the next event.

6d: All drivers are required to read the race review/penalty thread before the upcoming race so that they will be aware if they are required to serve any penalties.

6e: Unless otherwise specified in the driver briefing for an event, the review team typically will only review the start and OZ for each event.

6f: Therefore if you experience an incident during an event that happens AFTER the OZ you will need to use our Incident Protest Form to file an official protest if you wish to have it reviewed.

Last edited by Doug Atkinson; 05-29-2018 at 11:41 PM.

I apologize for the delay on this guys. I meant to have all this put together 10ish days ago and ended up coming down with the flu. Took me completely out of anything I didn't absolutely have to be at. However, we are up and running now, spread the word and get signed up. I am really looking forward to this season.
    | CPU: Ryzen 1500X | GPU: ASUS 1070 STRIX | MOBO: Asrock AB350 Gaming K4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB @ 2666 | OS: Windows 10 | Base: Fanatec CSW V2.5 | Wheel: Fanatec BMW GT2 | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: Dell S2716DG 27" | VR: Oculus Rift |

Norm Graf is offline Established Member

I guess I'll just run for fun instead of points. I've explained this in the link that is provided to accomplish getting linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Graf View Post
    I guess I'll just run for fun instead of points. I've explained this in the link that is provided to accomplish getting linked.
    I'll make sure you get your points Norm. If I have to run it manually in an excel sheet to do it, then that's what I'll do.

Crispy Pepper is offline Chad Bartrum

Will skin sharing be enabled on the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy Pepper View Post
    Will skin sharing be enabled on the server?
    Yep.
    Crispy Pepper likes this.
    | CPU: Ryzen 1500X | GPU: ASUS 1070 STRIX | MOBO: Asrock AB350 Gaming K4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB @ 2666 | OS: Windows 10 | Base: Fanatec CSW V2.5 | Wheel: Fanatec BMW GT2 | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: Dell S2716DG 27" | VR: Oculus Rift |

Cedward is offline Colin Moore

I'm getting a package not available error when I try to join the server.

the Simtek, NGMT and Sao Paulo are installed and working in single player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedward View Post
    I'm getting a package not available error when I try to join the server.

the Simtek, NGMT and Sao Paulo are installed and working in single player.
    What car are you trying to use Colin? Or is it not allowing you get that far?

There are people on the server as we speak. Give me a minute and I'll have the round briefing post up with links to everything you need.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by house382 View Post
    What car are you trying to use Colin? Or is it not allowing you get that far?

There are people on the server as we speak. Give me a minute and I'll have the round briefing post up with links to everything you need.
    Different error here: It attempts to join the server...asks for PW, which I type in (correctly), then gags and gives me this: "Mod could not be installed [...] Error trying to install MOD. Try manual installation." Haven't tried the latter yet, as I'm not sure how....

[Shows a quick download progress bar of the "springtest" file...but won't go further.

Will attempt also to verify file integrity (can't remember right now how that's done), and will clear out my download cache (just did this).

FOLLOWUP EDIT--STILL NOT WORKING

I found the file "CMS NARS 2018 Spring Test.rfmod" in my list of packages--and it says it's installed. Uninstalled it, then reinstalled it manually anyway--no server join though. Same Error as above.

Deleted the file, then joined the server--it SEEMED to download a file, but it's so quick I couldn't tell what the filename was. Then gave me the same error again.

It appears to download once when I first attempt to join--the same way it would if it were a downloadable mod or track (gold/yellow progress bar), then when I hit the large RACE button it attempts to download the mod again (blue progress bar on white) and then gives me that same ERROR message (see above).

It's as though it installs it twice, but the left hand doesn't realize the right has already done it...and gags on doing it twice.

Cures welcome.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 02-17-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Different error here: It attempts to join the server...asks for PW, which I type in (correctly), then gags and gives me this: "Mod could not be installed [...] Error trying to install MOD. Try manual installation." Haven't tried the latter yet, as I'm not sure how....
    If you are able to install the test mod then everything should be good to go as far as having the correct cars and tracks installed. Try reinstalling the cars\tracks and see what happens? That's the only thought that I have at the moment.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast