Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Where's The MNRL Server?

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Boynton View Post
    No server seen here, someone please list the server IP address so we can try it.
    Thanks,
    Tony
    The AMS server is down until this coming Tuesday, after the Formula A race.
    Server for Formula A race is the only one up at this time. Both were only up at the same time for the purpose of allowing drivers to test a bit, given the new platform.
    This structuring of the server (alternating weeks) will be the standard throughout this season.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

Quote Originally Posted by jham View Post
    All of a sudden it now shows up. I do delete my cache after every download of new stuff. I hate Steam.
    Finally someone else agrees with me. I hate steam also.
    jham likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Gilles Lalonde is offline Established Member

We all hate steam Scott... who likes any middle man. If they weren't making money out of us, it wouldn't work.

I have to say that their sales prices are a lot better than any store or any game publisher would do.

But an additional layer will always be a load of crap.
    Scott Beck likes this.

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

Sorry Gilles but we "All don't hate Steam". I'm not sure why so many people are against Steam? I like not having to keep CD/DVD copies of my games around all the time, I prefer having them on Steam for easy access to install them. I like it that Steam will do an auto update whenever the game requires it. I like it that you have the ability to validate the local files when you have issues with the game (most of the time it's actually a 3rd party app that is causing the problem). It's great that you don't have to go looking all over the internet for a mod to install for a league series the series admin just have to make it available in the workshop and you just need to subscribe to it. And most of all I love the great prices Steam offers when they have their sales. I'm not sure why it's considered Steam's fault if you can't find a game in Matchmaker, it's not Steam's fault if Matchmaker isn't showing the race you're looking for or if it's down. We had Matchmaker issues long before we ever went to Steam.
    Hoogs, Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Nah, man.
    I miss the good old days, when I'd pay full price for a game that I bought on disc, only to come home and realize it was buggy as all hell.
    Was nice to be properly ripped off without any hope for patches that may fix unforeseen issues. These days, can't even properly grumble about the devs not caring anymore. They just go and attempt to fix it (sometimes. Any devs worth their salt, anyways) and then I'm left with no one to blame. ...no fun in that.

Marc Cohn and Gilles Lalonde like this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Established Member

Good for you Dave,

You get an added value out of it.

For me, it's on my system and it brings me nothing. I want nothing to do with the kids on those forums and 99% of the game offered are total waste of time. Useless pieces of crap.
    Also, it's a lost of control. You do not know what it is doing to the files on YOUR hard drive and, in it self, a waste of HDD space.

See it how ever you want. It just there for one thing. Take your money. They're leaches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12