Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gilles Lalonde
  • 1 Post By Jason Whited
  • 1 Post By AngeloRacer

Thread: This two videos sold me right off !

Gilles Lalonde is offline Established Member

Default This two videos sold me right off !

Hi guys,

I've been investigating the Automobilista sim. Automobilista is rFactor 1 pushed one notch further.

Checking multiple written and video reviews, I came up on this long but informative clip. It's by Niels Heusinkveld, maker of the Heusinkveld EngEngineering sim pedal sets, talking about Automobilista.
    The second clip bellow is what shut the case for me but there is still something I'm not sure of as he goes in the 1st clip: "Changes we made to the physics engine". What I don't know is how Neils Heusinkveld is involved or related to Reiza Studio, the publisher of Automobilista.

Now for the nutty clip... you can jump to 4:30 to immediately see the action but it's better to start from the beginning to understand what it's all about.

HF watching.
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 12-20-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    AngeloRacer likes this.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    What I don't know is how Neils Heusinkveld is involved or related to Reiza Studio, the publisher of Automobilista.
    Reiza Studios Interviews: Niels Heusinkveld | RaceDepartment

From 2012, but should still answer a few questions
    Marc Cohn likes this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been investigating the Automobilista sim. Automobilista is rFactor 1 pushed one notch further.
    I would say that Game Stock Car 2012, the first Sim from Reiza, is rF1 pushed one notch further.
    Automobilista is a completely rebuild of rF1, in ways that when we used to race rF1, we coud never imagine.

When my steering wheel starts to shake when Im off racing line and running through marbles, or I lock the brakes and start to feel a huge flat spot vibration almost ripping my wheel of the table, I aways remember that! This is not rF1!
    Jason Whited likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Established Member

Thx for that Jason,

So he works for Reiza, kewl.