Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Troubleshooting the lag we had at the beginning of the Porsche race

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Default Troubleshooting the lag we had at the beginning of the Porsche race

Hi guys,

Jason and me are trying to make sense of the "hyper" lag we had during the first few laps of the Road Atlanta race.

It seams we are not alone with problems, since the 1.5 update, other leagues are also experiencing car warping and outright disappearing.

The techs at Reiza are asking to test a few things: get trace results back to them and verify if things improved after lowering a network saturation limit: Max Data Per Client.
    Personally, I find their suggested value quite low but I understand their logic as they are trying to resolve the issue by eliminating possibilities.
    That value is on the server side but it made me think about the other network settings on the client side. The default "Network Connection" in Automobilista is set to 5 megabit Downstream and 1 megabit Upstream.
    At 24 racers, that 24 megabit per second for the server to digest.

For the next event, I think we would be wise to all set our connections to 128kbps and also set the server Max Data Per Client limit to 256kbps... which I have yet to figure how to set from inside the interface... falling asleep on the keyboard... tomorrow.
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

I think you're onto something.
    Nice work!

...but, tomorrow for me too.
    Long race today, I'm beat.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

When you figure it out, tell us where and what to change on our end.
    Jason Whited likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    When you figure it out, tell us where and what to change on our end.
    Yes, I will.
    If needed, that is. Still assessing some things.

I'm near certain we won't have this issue at Cordoba (next race, and now the first round of the series since we moved Road Atlanta to the end of the series, extending the series one week)
    I tested the server with a full load of AI (more than we'll likely see on race night, I think...or at least the same amount since the number of cars is limited in that regard) and there were no issues.

Seems to be an issue only with some tracks and particularly large grids combined.

So, point being, we have time to sort this and get back to you guys. No reason to rush and then change things we'll possibly just have to change back later.
    If changes are needed though (on the user end) we'll let you guys know plenty ahead of time.
    jham and Scott Beck like this.

Well well well... news from the Reiza thread... we got told off!

"But then you should report problem with original content only: modding is not officially supported."

Since the first post on the thread goes like: " the "disappearing cars" bug is back. ", I'm trying to find if something similar was ever reported in "the official bug report thread"... it's 38 pages long. I hope the search engine has a bunch of fields to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Well well well... news from the Reiza thread... we got told off!

"But then you should report problem with original content only: modding is not officially supported."

Since the first post on the thread goes like: " the "disappearing cars" bug is back. ", I'm trying to find if something similar was ever reported in "the official bug report thread"... it's 38 pages long. I hope the search engine has a bunch of fields to work with.
    Was simply another member at the site that "told you off" (though he was just providing information, which is true no less)...not staff. ...just to clear that up.

Interestingly, I did a race at RD yesterday, 23 cars on track....AJR (those Brazilian prototype things...really cool car!)....no lag, no stutters. And we ran at Road America from the track pack we're using here.
    So, seems not to be track related in that way, doesn't matter if it's stock content or mod there.

..I'm getting a sinking feeling it is related to the mod (Porsche mod, I mean).

Ya, I had also figured that Schmurtz was just a well intentioned end user.

Ok, the search engine ain't too bad.

It starts on page 32 with post #629... and stops half a dozen post further down with no solution other than, if I read right, from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9 had fixed the issue.

A few post before that, for a different issue, the tech had requested a trace with this syntax: "+trace=2 +audiolog"
    With AudioPostFX at Full. So now we know what to supply them.

BTW! Does yours show updated to v1.5.01 ?

Question, in the replay interface, at the bottom where is shows the entire replay lengthwise, in rF, there use to be a marker there that would indicate where your at in the timeline. Do you see that marker? I don't... what color is yours?
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 02-08-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Ya, I had also figured that Schmurtz was just a well intentioned end user.

Ok, the search engine ain't too bad.

It starts on page 32 with post #629... and stops half a dozen post further down with no solution other than, if I read right, from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9 had fixed the issue.

A few post before that, for a different issue, the tech had requested a trace with this syntax: "+trace=2 +audiolog"
    With AudioPostFX at Full. So now we know what to supply them.

BTW! Does yours show updated to v1.5.01 ?

Question, in the replay interface, at the bottom where is shows the entire replay lengthwise, in rF, there use to be a marker there that would indicate where your at in the timeline. Do you see that marker? I don't... what color is yours?

Not going to matter if it's mod content. Supplying a trace is useless as modding is not officially supported. It'll be ignored.
    We need to be able to recreate the issue using only stock content, utilizing the trace then. Only then will it be looked at with the right eyes.

If we cannot recreate the situation using only stock content (and like I said, doing a few club races at RD with the same/more cars than we've had on track at once there was no issues like this whatsoever) then we cannot really use Reiza for a potential "fix".

Though, I have heard some recent chatter that a patch for some things (possibly related to this, but other things too, from what I can gather) is coming.

Where do I see what version of AMS I have installed? Game auto updates on my end so it's up to date. All I see is a build number, which is build 2422106 (in properties).
    Where are you seeing V 1.5.01?

I can read Traces like the best of them... in my present rF LOG folder:
    Code:
    Trace=1_Corvette-Cobra.txt
    Trace=1_DRMLE_-_01.txt
    Trace=1_DRMLE_-_02.txt
    trace=1_Formula-crash-at-showroom-1.txt
    trace=1_RSM-1.txt
    Trace=1_STC2000_Track_Load.txt
    Trace=1-TUSCC_After_rFactor_Start-LimeRockPark-Proposed.txt
    Trace=1-TUSCC_After_Track_Load-LimeRockPark-Proposed.txt
    Trace=1-WES_After_Track_Load.txt
    Trace=1-WES-Start-LoadTrack-WentOut-Quit-3.txt
    Trace=1-WES-Start-Quit.txt
    Trace=1-WES-Start-Quit-2.txt
    trace=2_914GT.txt
    trace=2_Formula-crash-at-showroom-1.txt
    trace=2_RSM-2.txt
    trace=2-GurneyEagle-Start-LoadTrackPhil-WentOut-Quit-1.txt
    Trace=2-WES-Start-Quit-.txt
    Trace=3_DRMLE_-_03.txt
    trace=3_Formula-crash-at-showroom-1.txt
    trace=3_RSM-3.txt
    Trace=3-TUSCC.txt
    Trace=3-WES-Start-LoadTrack-Wentout--Quit-4.txt
    Trace=3-WES-Start-LoadTrack-Wentout--Quit-5.txt

Version: That is what I saw but the .1 is a few fix for none important glitch.
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threa...-v1-5-01.2878/

In the root, there is a version file, if you scroll to the bottom of it, mine says "Build v1.5.0"

Replay Scroll Bar, do you have the red pin with the green divider?
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 02-08-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast